What's up with the Skazi hatred?

Lemmiwinks

http://www.danainternational.co.il/

I guess this one will alienate some more fans.

Dana internation is Israeil pop singer that changed his sex from male to female.

She won the Eurovision contest 6/7 years ago, had a big hit in some parts of Europe with the winning song which was called Diva.

Well you get the idea. Atleast Infected Mushroom collaborate with leading Israeli rockstars. Skazi, well, just click the link and get the idea.

204395[/snapback]

Oh my God!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.danainternational.co.il/

Dana internation is Israeil pop singer that changed his sex from male to female.

She won the Eurovision contest 6/7 years ago, had a big hit in some parts of Europe with the winning song which was called Diva.

yeah i remember it..

..it was a man :ph34r:

about the music , well its skazi and i think its dry and not good..

yeah i remember it..

..it was a man  :ph34r:

about the music , well its skazi and i think its dry and not good..

204639[/snapback]

Skazi probably fucked his was up to get Dana international in one of his tracks. :huh:

damn, actually, i don't want to think about it....

think of something nice......

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, can't get skazi doing Dana out of my head, someone shoot it!!!!!!!! PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!! :lol:

I really have been ignoring this topic for a while but finally i have to say its pretty bloody funny... i mean if you are going to chose an anti-christ of psy why chose someone whois at least related in some vague way to the genre? Like the music or not there are definately some psychadelic elements.. commercial or not. So is psytrance and the concept of commercial mutually exclusive? <_<

I mean really... the concept of commercial is in a way that it appeals to the masses... anything that appeals to the masses seems to be considered commercial and therefore inferior. How snobbish is that!!! :P

Are we really that superior? True commercial music is often "cheesier" and more "palitable" but does that make it bad? Yes i and many of you/us dont like it but really... that doesnt mean its not music.

I am not that familiar with skazi, what i have heard seems pretty average... not brilliant but also not that terrible-please-let-me-hide-away-bad-either.

Maybe i have had too much beer ;)

I mean really... the concept of commercial is in a way that it appeals to the masses... anything that appeals to the masses seems to be considered commercial and therefore inferior. How snobbish is that!!!  :P

204705[/snapback]

Infected mushroom is commercial and still has some intelligent sounds.

Astral projection is very commercial & WHOW, they made alot of wicked tracks. From old skool to commercial, it was just THAT good that they got famous. They diserved it. The music had soul & creativity in it.

I also want to see some psytrance for the masses. Being commercial is not bad, but being unoriginal, or stealing other peoples succes by a lousy remix, that's bad.

What will happen is that people will think: oh, look at skazi, is it that easy to make psytrance, you only need 3 notes, a kick, an old melody from a 5 year old song and a bassline? I can do that...

And after a while others will follow & the creativity & depth of the music will be gone.

But anyway, In some point you're right, it's still a free world..

I also want to see some psytrance for the masses.  Being commercial is not bad, but being unoriginal, or stealing other peoples succes by a lousy remix, that's bad.

What will happen is that people will think: oh, look at skazi, is it that easy to make psytrance, you only need 3 notes, a kick, an old melody from a 5 year old song and a bassline?  I can do that...

And after a while others will follow & the creativity & depth of the music will be gone.

204753[/snapback]

I tottaly agree with you. :)

The main thing i was trying to say was that using the term "commercial" as a derogetory statement without qualification is just not quite enough for me. I know there is an understanding of what this entails in terms of a description of music, but as far as i am concerned the more people get into psy the better. For some this will be through more "commercial" sounding tracks, re-mixes of music they know etc as this give a doorway into exploring real psy... whatever that actually is.

Infected mushroom is commercial and still has some intelligent sounds.

Astral projection is very commercial & WHOW, they made alot of wicked tracks.  From old skool to commercial, it was just THAT good that they got famous.  They diserved it.  The music had soul & creativity in it.

204753[/snapback]

Astral doesn't make commercial music, they're just popular.

I disliked Skazi for a long time until one day I realized that all he is doing is making hardhouse with some psy-sounds. After I started thinking of him as a hard house artist everything was fine.  :P

204845[/snapback]

i just find his basslines really boring. and the procussion. and the sounds. and the arrangment..is there anything left to hate?

Once again a question about an artist has the "elite psyers" (what a crack up) bagging a perfectly good artist. They would cream their pants to have just the talent he has in his right pinky finger. I think Skazi has his own definite style. The "I wish" remix he does as his opening track on teh BPM FM set he did blew me away when I first heard it, as I knew the original well and had heard nothing of Skazi (i was under a mushroom somewhere). The excitement wore off pretty quick, but he knows how to find hooks and use them. Yeah you can argue trance is not about hooks but you can get out of the 90's anytime you like. Its over. The people have gone to the next party because the old sound had been played to much, and now 90's "psy"trance (goa whateva) thesedays sounds much more to me like one of the "Hard Trance" presets on one of my modern synths. But I find I have a deep respekt for artist like Skazi, Hallucinogen, IM, 1200mics, doof, Ott etc whoo have had the courage to change the scene when it started to get stagnant (if I remember correctly, the old "goa" was dead by the time 2000 came around, (well before for many others). How long are people going to defend the old music and deny embracing the new so that it "doesn't loose its underground roots". The originators of the scene have no fear of that, believe me, because they have already left on a new journey. Full of psychedelic promise and other worldly music, some goes doof doof doof and some doesnt. Anyway get ya jocks off and get in there. Skazi may not be number one but at least he aint stuck in a rut.

Its over. The people have gone to the next party because the old sound had been played to much, and now 90's "psy"trance (goa whateva) thesedays sounds much more to me  like one of the "Hard Trance" presets on one of my modern synths.

205001[/snapback]

its not the sound its the feeling.

if you cant understand this,im sorry about you.

here in brazil he's the master of psytrance. he's killah, the best dj ever...

that's really sucks. the most of ppl in brazil don't know sh*t about psytrance and says that love psytrance... i think the scene in brazil is the worst ever.

i can't see skazi like a good producer or something like that, their remixes suck! "satisfaction", damn! how can someone make a remix of this?

just a pop artist making music for ppl who want to be pop.

Once again a question about an artist has the "elite psyers" (what a crack up) bagging a perfectly good artist. They would cream their pants to have just the talent he has in his right pinky finger.

205001[/snapback]

Many "elite psyers" have talent at least comparable to Skazi's. But only few have such an impudence to release a mix of couple repeating sounds and call them music. If you know you can do better and have a bit of self-respect then you will never do worse. But making good music in these terms takes a huge amount of time, which is barely scarce nowadays. Now it's simple: you don't have time - you don't make music, as making some quick shit won't give you any pleasure. Skazi must be fond of what he's doing, that's what I'm a little jealous about :mellow:. But do not call his music psytrance. It's neither psychedelic nor any kind of trance!

Many "elite psyers" have talent at least comparable to Skazi's. But only few have such an impudence to release a mix of couple repeating sounds and call them music. If you know you can do better and have a bit of self-respect then you will never do worse. But making good music in these terms takes a huge amount of time, which is barely scarce nowadays. Now it's simple: you don't have time - you don't make music, as making some quick shit won't give you any pleasure. Skazi must be fond of what he's doing, that's what I'm a little jealous about :mellow:. But do not call his music psytrance. It's neither psychedelic nor any kind of trance!

205070[/snapback]

ill go as far as to say, its more along the lines of clubby, hard trance. commercial trance if you will (thats what i call stuff they play in all the hardhouse/hard trance clubs here in london). skazi is definitely not psychedelic.

Skazi is like the Usher of trance.

His music is about as psychedelic as taking a shit.

Oh and by the way this skazi `hatred` is anything

but new. I don´t know about the rest of you, but

I´ve hated his music since I first heard it and he

was one of the first trance DJs I ever heard.

Thank god I discovered real psy like Hallucinogen,

Infected, etc.

Skazi has no talent, all he has is an ego and a big

enough studio to make up for having no skill.

For a long time I too have concidered his style

nothing more than glorified hard house.

what about Damage vs Skazi - Gumi?

You cant tell me that's a shit track!

205273[/snapback]

Well, if you spend so much time on making music, something may come out of it... sometimes... But the overall percent is decreasingly low... Arguably, two bad projects still make it twice better, than one :) (don't know actually if Damage is a bad project).

here in brazil he's the master of psytrance. he's killah, the best dj ever...

that's really sucks. the most of ppl in brazil don't know sh*t about psytrance and says that love psytrance... i think the scene in brazil is the worst ever.

Hahaha, I made friends with some Brazilian guys at Voov festival this summer and one of them came to visit me some days ago, so we started watching some fotos of this festival we want to go to next summer, Trancendence, and found some pics with Skazi and some over exited brazilian girls in his arms, gms next to them.. and my friend was like: Aaaaw this full on fuckers ! getting all the chicks... hehehe

Don´t know about the psy scene, but the Brazlians I´ve met, specialy one :D , are just incredible.. Like big kids, always making fun and really friendly + educated.... Gotta check next summer =) Juppy !