What's up with the Skazi hatred?

Lemmiwinks

Ok, their music is kindof simplistic BUT it is NOT your typical full-on and IMO they know how to make fun tracks for parties. Sure it sounds a bit cheezy but everyone smiles when they hear a track like Smells Like Humus Spirit at a party. They're not THAAAT bad, I could think of 100 other names that are much worse and cheezier than Skazi (latest IM and X-Dream for example, to name just the "big names"...)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lemmi, why are you always trying to be politically correct ? I know you are moderator of this site but that doesn't mean you have to be always right. The fact is that such persona even though he has very good production, great covers and some nice effects he uses them wrongly, making utter deviacy of trance sounds. Plus, he blasphemise entire genre by being disgustingly pretentious and immature. Enough said.

im not a massive fan of his style as well, its a bit too simplistic and too typical full-on-ish for me. but i dont think the fact that he is immature or whatever should affect what you think about his music. thats just being prejudice to be quite honest, sorry :/

Everyone needs to hate something.

So you have people who like the latest IM and X-Dream who need to direct their hate towards something, so Skazi is their safest choice... seeing as he has not much of a folliwing among the "elite psyers"... it's much safer to hate Skazi than to hate darkness or progressivness. Hating any of the two, one would be made to look like a fool by those that like either of the two subgenres.

:P

I don't really believe that, buy no doubt some people will find themselves in that stereotype...

I know you are moderator of this site but that doesn't mean you have to be always right.

I never said I was always right... that's why I posted this, to discuss just why do you people consider him bad. If I considered to be always right I would've posted something like "Skazi is a good artist and you all should respect him."

Anway, back to the topic, until now I'm not really convinced by the arguments here... the statements an artist makes shouldn't have an influence on the way one judges his music IMO. And with the sounds and all... well, he DOES use them differently compared to most artists, right? I mean personally I can recognize a Skazi track anywhere, even if I haven't heard it before! So that should make him win points for originality, no? If you want an example of someone using badly the sounds: Sub6... Again, I'm not saying that Skazi's the best or anything just that I can think of 100 other artists that are MUCH worse and who don't such a bad rap...

You cannot hate or dislike X-Dream.You can only say you dont like their latest stuff,but you can never forget their old music.X-Dream is very very important for me in this scene,even if they are in another music style nowdays,in the other hand....Skazi who?

i mean just listen the bass line in that nirvana - smells like teen spirit rape

with the risk of being unpopular... I find that bassline to be one of the best basslines of the year!!

*runs away and hides from the rain of empty soda cans and fruit*

"great covers" <---- yeah seraph... like this one:

http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ph...ho1cd092.html:;

hahaha lol man, that sucks so much I cannot even be ironic.. what a lame 'killah superstar wannabe' cover......

and as for the rest of the questions:

I do not know him personally, so I cant tell anything about himself.. what I can say is about his music, and his performances...

well.. his music sucks big time imo.. seems like music for e-tards (no offense to people here who like him, its just the memories that come from my mind of the parties where he was playing live)..

That metallica rmx is the one that gets me in my nerves most of all (and I havent heard much from him, thank god).....

I dont HATE it though.. I just strongly dislike it..

whatever.. as long as there is a good chill out or a second dancefloor or a nice outdoor place where I can go to when he plays, no prob...

but if you like it and it works for you, go ahead and listen to it.. as long as I dont have to listen with you

I simply dont get the fasination about these endless topics about who likes who and what. When will people realise that taste is a personal thing that cant be judged or ridiculed by other people? What do you try to aim at with these posts? To convince other that their taste is wrong? I am not directing this question specific to Lemmi but to the many people that start these endless never ending topics.

Personally I find Skazi to be a pile of crap among many other acts. But I dont point fingers at people that like this kind of music. Yes I have my opinion about the music and I can easily enter a debate about the quality of the production and lack of variety, talent ect ect. But that's all I can debate. I CAN NOT debate other people's taste ! It's their personal sphere and it's non-negotiable ;)

Hey, i have an idea. Let's send an e-mail around with the message:

-------------------------------------------------

SKAZI! YOU SUCK! (in font 72)

--------------------------------------------------

list of names that have agredd with the message & singed this mail:

1.Santa

2.God

3.Jezus

4.Ché

5.Dalai lama

6.micky mouse

7. (fill in you name)

8.....and so on&on&on

--------------------------------------------------

Send to everybody you know that goes to psyparties.

When this message hits 50000 names plz send to skazi@chemicalcrew.com

lol, just joking :lol:

:rolleyes:

simply dont get the fasination about these endless topics about who likes who and what. When will people realise that taste is a personal thing that cant be judged or ridiculed by other people? What do you try to aim at with these posts?

well even if you don't aim that question to me I feel compelled to reply :) What bothers me is not that some people say he sucks (I agree that Skazi is not exactly the greatest psy artist in the world either...), what bothers me is that it's like everyone agrees at one point in time to bash a certain artist. A while ago, this happened with Astral, now it's shifting to Skazi. What I don't understand is why everyone bashes ONLY this artist when there are other equally less talented artists out there???

I never understood trends... it's like the new trend among american actors and artists to bash Bush... like if noone liked him, who the hell voted for him in the first place??? (which doesn't mean that I support Bush or anything...)

yo Lemmiwinks, what does that tiny caption on the lower left hand of your avatar say???

lol how people pay attention to details :) It says "Caption City", nothing special just the name of the original site the pic was taken from (probably)

here's a bigger sample so that you can see all the details and sleep at night ;)

Posted Image

What I don't understand is why everyone bashes ONLY this artist when there are other equally less talented artists out there???

I never understood trends...

203915[/snapback]

Well, you must have answered your question with that post. I also do not understand trends. But the first widely-spread trend was to like his music, which had nothing to compare with true psychedelia...

I don't care about Skazi himself, but it's not any kind of trance music! Being so popular among masses, he positions the whole scene in a wrong way. Less talented (and less known) artists do not have such a basic impact on the scene, they follow the trends... Finally, I don't like people who say they love Skazi, but have nothing more to say about trance music...

P.S.: By the way, Lemmi, why did you mention Sub6 posting of "someone using badly the sounds"? In my opinion, at least 2 tracks released on "Who needs love songs" - "Blox Loggers" & "Buttersonic" - shows they're using the sounds just right ;)!

Yeah, Skazi si not that bad.

Wait until you hear Hypersonic & Dynamic - Inside Me

Now THAT are 2 mo"fo's we have to take out. <_<

Leave Skazi....

He's not worth it anymore :lol:

We have found an new victim...

2 actually

skazi's music is the kind that gets billions of israeli mp3 wanna be djs posting comments like "brutal kiler butt rape massive massacre killar kick bassline" to isratrance top10 section..

by the way wasn't he involved somehow with the shaffel records? i hear they ripped off one true artist quite boldly..

whatever the case, i hear no talent in skazi's music..

http://www.danainternational.co.il/

I guess this one will alienate some more fans.

Dana internation is Israeil pop singer that changed his sex from male to female.

She won the Eurovision contest 6/7 years ago, had a big hit in some parts of Europe with the winning song which was called Diva.

Well you get the idea. Atleast Infected Mushroom collaborate with leading Israeli rockstars. Skazi, well, just click the link and get the idea.

Well, X-Dream showed the fans what they can do this year, i know it's maybe too techno-electro psy but it will be 1000 times better than Skazi! And well skazi is good for parties for the people that doesn't knows anything about "trips" And X-Dream are always warranty that if they release new music is because you're getting a "trip" and you can't have the same feelings for skazi music, and i also think skazi is the worst commercial music on earth, shame on them or Infected, full on is boring.

Btw the new X-Dream track with space tribe rocks!!!

Space Tribe Vs X-Dream - Turn On Turn Off