Antichrist of Psy/Goa

Cinos

Your talking about a crew who more or less invented or helped to invent Psy-trance.

203825[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

They have had some impact on the psy scene. But most of what they do has been made before. I'm not saying their first three albums weren't good. They just weren't the first psy around.

And the "quality" of their last album wouldn't justified even if it was one of the pioneers Simon Posford or Ben Watkins who made it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psy - Trance in 93? don't be silly Techno only started around late 93/ early 94 and Psy was an off shoot of that as the sounds developed and as for IM releasing there first tracks 98? yeah maybe, but they were developing there sound from 95/96 onwards ...I can state that from fact as my mate Gandalf worked with them around those times.

And if you really want to split hairs - Psychedelic music go's back to the mid-late 60's.

And as I said there is no good or bad music just incorrect use of aural sound...Thats what I work with sound not music...placing those sounds together correctly is what counts.

Music is easy to work with - sound another matter all together..

Respects

Nomad

oh btw - I should add that is from the Western Perspective - of course Goa and the developement of Electronica happened much earlier with the Isreali DJ's (amongst others) and the Goa scene. (Just in case you jump all over the above)

Psy - Trance in 93? don't be silly Techno only started around late 93/ early 94 and Psy was an off shoot of that as the sounds developed

duuuude I honestly advise you to shut up and not drag yourself further down... Please, go to the Reviews section of this site, look at the years of the first psy albums and comps (mostly this one ) and then start telling us how it was... Yes, it IS amazing that at the time when "silly techno" as you call it there were such gems going around but psytrance DID exist!!

Yeah, and not only Project 2 Trance comp, there were already Juno Reactor, Eat Static, Blue Planet Corporation and X-Dream started making psy at that time. There is even german label Gaia Tontrager that started releasing Psy Goa back in 93 too...so Psy did started back then but it was very rare and at beginning. Real expansion of Psy/Goa actually started in 1994. Techno actually started back in 1990-91 and that was a silly one but still very effective.

duuuude I honestly advise you to shut up and not drag yourself further down... Please, go to the Reviews section of this site, look at the years of the first psy albums and comps (mostly this one ) and then start telling us how it was... Yes, it IS amazing that at the time when "silly techno" as you call it there were such gems going around but psytrance DID exist!!

203964[/snapback]

I agree Lemmi - but not in Britain at the time...

of course Goa and the developement of Electronica happened much earlier with the Isreali DJ's (amongst others) and the Goa scene.

As I said - to the more knowledgable it did exist but was rarely heard in the club scenes of 90[91ish] through 93.

Yes in the smaller underground scenes but not in the main stream which is where I'm indicating really - Psy didn't really get going as such then till 95/96 onwards (as we know it) prior to that it was all hardcore, the apperance of Jungle etc around end of 91/92. Far as I remember anyway...I never heard any psy till late 94 early 95 and then rarely. Some was played in really good chill areas.. but again rarely heard in the main stream. Again thats as far as I'm aware.

I was leaving the scene around end of 92/mid 93 because of all the crap happening (shit substances etc) so yeah I agree I missed a few years but as I say psy was not really main stream untill a few years later.

Nomad

edit: Juno back in 93? interesting - never knew that, thought they kicked of around late 94/95 .. which album/track? out of interest :)

Infected Mushroom groundbreaking? ROFL! :lol:

IM are probably some of the most boring psy-trance out there, and I'm not just talking about their latest stuff. Every tune I've heard from them makes me sleepy. The only positive thing I can say about them is that they're not as bad as Skazi.

Psy - Trance in 93? don't be silly Techno only started around late 93/ early 94

203960[/snapback]

LOL. I want you to tell that to the Detroit gang :)

http://www.discogs.com/release/4675

That's one of the biggest techno tunes that broke out.

And hey, it's 87!

And don't get me started on Kraftwerk

My apoligies - I've just got of the phone with mentioned mate and it was magic mushroom he was involved with. Going by what he said they were later to become (or worked with) Astralasia.

So I was wrong on that one - getting names mixed up..My apoligies.

My main point though looking at it from the main stream view (Remeber I said I had left the underground stuff around end of 92/early-mid 93) was that Techno became more well known first and then the more intelligent forms developed from there. Sorry but thats the way I see Techno - it's allways made me bored - not saying I don't like it , it has it's place but over Trance - no competition IMHO.

Anyway as I say my apoligies for my mix-up.

Respects

Nomad

gawd that Av looks gak - where's me little computer dude gone - replaces back ... lol

Juno Reactor - Laughing Gas on Nova Mute 1993

Juno Reactor - Transmissions on Nova Mute 1993

The high energy protons mixes then came 1994 also on Nova Mute. Vodoo People and Orion remixes.

Eat Static released their first one (Inanna) on Alien Records 1991. Monkey man came the same year (I am not sure which one came first to be honest). The more famous Abductions came then 1992 on Promo and 1993 as a Official release.

Dragonfly had their first release in 1992 with the Dragonfly EP. Officially then released in 1993 (I have he promo and the retail).

Paul Oakenfold and Martin Freeland were involved in Electronic music WAY before that. If you look up Martin Freeland (Aka Man with No Name), you will find his old acid house projects on various compilations and also Ep's. Funilly enough, they were pretty psychedelic already then (Or should I say hypnotic?).

Acid Trance as it were in the beginning became more and more psychedelic and eventually they abandoned the 303 (not completely), and it evolved into what we now know as Psy-Trance or Goa. That is the SHORT story, there is a LOT more to the history of psy, but I do not have the energy to go through them all, and I might get mixed up at this point.

A person that would be good on this topic would be Ukiro, I havent talked to anyone that knows as much about this music as him!

And we should not forget the old EyeQ/Harthouse releases, they were big contributors to this scene as well.....

Anywaaaaaaaays.... off to bed, sleep tight all! :)

• 1 month later...
i might not know alot about psy music but i really liked infected mushrooms, i have several of the albums and whats nice is ..it doesnt all sound the same, they have experimented and reallly made some stunning tunes, cat on a mushroom, cities of the future, power of celtic, i like i like i like, and skazi seek and destroy ...yeah it might not be all psy and floaty, but it kicked ass the way it was mixed and refreshing to have some power cords in there and not twinkle twinkle twinkle all the bastard time

I really hate those "non-psychedelic substances in my body"

acts that think they know how to make real psychedelic trance.. <_<

A result of this, is that the marked is filling up with psytrance light, or psypop as some call it. Boom booom boom.. :angry:

By the way, I am a big fan of Elvis Presley! ;) (I even have him tattoed in the shape of Shiva on my arm haha).

yo nemo i would love to see that tattoo hahah do u a have a pic of it , if u do post it here somwhere , seems like a super cool tattoo , cheers B)

A Very Generalized Techno Tree:

Early-Late 70's = Kraftwerk -->

Late 70's = Disco (not naming names for this abomination...) -->

Late 70's = Early Industrial music (Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire)

Late 70's-Mid 80's = Synth Pop, New Wave (New Order, Depeche Mode) -->

Early-Late 80's = Industrial (Skinny Puppy, Front 242)

Mid-Late 80's = Detroit Techno (Juan Atkins, Derrick May, Kevin Saunderson) -->

Mid-Late 80's = House (see Disco...)

Late 80's-Early 90's = Techno (good stuff)

Late 80's-Early 90's = Trance (yikes, not the Goa stuff!)

Late 80's-Early 90's = Acid House (good stuff)

And then all hell breaks loose...

Early-Late 90's = Ambient (The Orb, Aphex Twin)

Early-Mid 90's = D'n'B

Early-Mid 90's = Goa Trance

Mid 90's = IDM (Autechre, Aphex Twin)

...And so on... Cross-pollination of different genres reaches total saturation during mid-late 90's... Tech-House... Drill n Bass... Psy-Trance...

Juan Atkins was in Model 500, making early techno-ish sounds around 1985.

Also should be noted is Psychic TV's influence in house techno and trance, especially around the later 80's, and especially with Acid House in the late 80's-early 90's.

"and probaly all gms/astrix/cyber cartel/Space Buddha/Saafi Connection,......... clones out there"

i think you ment to type all the GMS clones like astrix/cyber cartel/Space Buddha/Saafi Connection.

im completely sick of GMS but they command respect for how different they use to sound compared with anyone in 1998-99 and how how much influence they have had on modern psy.

im completely sick of GMS but they command respect for how different they use to sound compared with anyone in 1998-99 and how how much influence they have had on modern psy.

211010[/snapback]

They have hardly had any influence on the better psy artists.

right then - is this the official griping page?

B)

ok then, lets go!!

My choice for Psychedelic Antichrist is:

(drumroll...)

X-DREAM <_<

with their album "WE INTERFACE" 2004 AVATAR RECORDS

WTF? :blink:

WHAT IS GOING ON?

(This is not psychedelic trance - do not buy if you think it is)

I LOVED X-DREAMS FIRST ALBUM "WE CREATED OUR OWN HAPPINESS" 2001

IT WAS WICKED - AND BECAME AN ANTHEMIC ALBUM FOR ME DURING 2001 :D

NEXT CAME "IRRITANT"

I WONT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE I KNOW THERE ARE MANY here WHO LIKED THIS ALBUM :ph34r:

Is there anyone who liked this album - coz ive tried playing this again and again - and im just left slouching in defeat, holding the cd case and staring down at it - not so much as i paid some of my hard earned cash to get it but because everyone rates it as the future!

Am i the only one who hears this differently?

Please, am i the only one who sees this?

I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!

Hey senpsy, X-Dream album We Created Our Own Happiness is from 1996, not 2001. And, yes, their last 'effort' is surely not a big one. I can see it being made in few weeks, after the concept already being made...

Hey seraph - hows tingz?

Thanks for the year correction there!

:)

With regards to "We Interface" ,However, I dont think a few weeks is what we're talking here - if it was i could understand what went wrong. The production/mastering on the album is otherwise crisp and clear.

No - what im talking here is a complete breakdown, full tilt, of epic proportions - Its no way near psychedelic trance..

it sound like electro house yet its classified as psychedelic trance - a worrying trend thats appearing to gain more and more leverage in psy circles ive noticed

:unsure:

Maybe its just a change in direction, spinal tap style!!

(except spinal tap was a parody...)

Maybe its to do with money - to get more of a foothold in other scenes or something

Its just seems a confusing situation to me