2. BURNING ILLUSION

3. TRIPMONX

4. INNOVATO

5. GATES OF DAWN

6. HIGHWAY 420

7. ACID MARIA

8. MAYA DEVA

9. GENERATION GAP

After finding out about this album, I had high expectations considering that Nick Barber aka Doof, Celli aka Earthling and Xavier aka Violet Sky were involved. First I thought that it would be some kind of psychedelic album and in fact it is not, it is pure progressive trance which I like also but I couldn't see that trio doing it. Nevertheless, this album is not bad, it is quite good and fresh in fact, but it needs something to be great. I really expected blast of an album and I got only fresh, new prog trance album. There are few things I mind, like not enough developed bass line and I can't hear Doof's melodies anywhere. There are his sounds, but no melodies. I think that anyone who likes progressive in general will like this album. Psychedelic freaks will hate it cause there aren't so many variations. All in all, cute album but that is it. Best songs : ATTACK AND RELEASE, BURNING ILLUSION, GATES OF DAWN, ACID MARIA, MAYA DEVA...7/10

One of the most underrated albums this year, and one of the best albums of the summer. I didn’t find it a pure progressive release, but a release with some of the best elements from progressive and full on, spiced up with catchy grooves, beautiful uplifting melodies and pads and high level of production.

My favourites are “Burning Illusion”, “Tripmonx”, “Attack And Release”, "Gates Of Dawn" and “Highway 420” (also released on “Dilation” from Nano Records) but basically all the tracks are of very high quality.

In my opinion this, and the BLT & Danni Makov album, are the best “progressive meets full on” releases yet. Unfortunately this didn’t receive the attention it deserved.

I didn’t find it a pure progressive release, but a release with some of the best elements from progressive and full on, spiced up with catchy grooves, beautiful uplifting melodies and pads and high level of production.

203611[/snapback]

I think this is an accurate description of the sound.

This one didn't get much hype but a real solid CD, especially for home listening.

Nice to see one of the old labels still issuing good cds.

• 6 months later...

http://www.discogs.com/release/304441

Look, I suck at writing reviews (nor do I have the time to write one). I just wanted to give the above album a mention. I think this releases really stands out from the last few years' crap. The tracks are thoughtful, upbeat, enough progression to avoid becoming boring, excellent (!!) production, very detailed, great melodies and layering, and some of the tracks have great energy. Nick Barber's touch is obvious in several of the tracks. This is not the same ol' fullon shite.

Most importantly this is really standing up to repeat listenings for me. That is quite rare these days. Took me a few listens to get into it, but that is often the case with good music for me.

Give it a chance if you haven't.

At the first couple of listens I didn't like this album, after a month or two I gave it another listen and fell in love with it completely. This is actually one of last years best albums.

I fail to see how some say it's not psychedelic, cause it is, all the way. Sure, it's not the in your face psychedelia a la Pleiadians, but it's the kind of warm and deep psychedelic vibe you would expect from anything Nick Barber (Doof) is involved in. This album does infact have Doof written all over it. If you're waiting for a new Doof album, you should give this one a chance. There's lots of good melodies (yes, good melodies!), warm atmospheres and depth through out this little gem.

• 1 month later...

This album is one off these which i don't know if it worth the buy. Today, i have not a lot off money, so i don't buy this but, maybe later. For me, only the 3 first track are great. My favorite track is Tripmonx, i like the progression beetween each pattern, and the work on the atmosphere, and Burning Illusion which host a very nice mélodie at the end, evolution off the little and simple melodie off the begining. I will give another listen for the other track and i tell you that.

It's absolutly not a progressive trance album, and not a full on trance anymore ... it's a pitch off psychedelick in lighty and luminous side, not rich and speed .. but relaxing psytrance :).

Pretty good album

Kiss