Best bassline?

Dragonflier

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember most tunes by their baselines (so i can't tell squat which one's which ;-), but one shoots up in my mind:

x-dream: coming soon (at the beginning)

a beautiful beatbreak buster.

i remember most tunes by their baselines (so i can't tell squat which one's which ;-), but one shoots up in my mind:

x-dream: coming soon (at the beginning)

a beautiful beatbreak buster.

203619[/snapback]

Thats the one with the sliding 8th note rthythm, right? Planet B.E.N. has a few of those too, I love them. I think they're done with a sliding upwards arpeggio, but I'm sure there are more ways of doing it.

X-Dream's remix of Life Is by Koxbox has quite an amazing bit of bass work...

203628[/snapback]

Yeah their combination of hitting just the right frequencies and getting that thick warmth in the sound really makes a world of differance. I think this digital era of software synths have killed that style of bass - I've been fiddling with all sorts of plugins for adding warmth and analogue-style "life" to bass, but it's very very hard to mimic the sound ze germans had going there in 96-98, at least with software only.

best bassline that i like at most is in following tracks

neural rectifier syndrome - face of the comet

(va - contra polar activity ; ambivalent records)

[this is how it should look like!]

grapes of wrath - all your base are belong to us

(va - psychedelically yours 2 ; parvati records)

mr biscuit - slim shady

(va - psytelligence ; organik records)

[intelligent funky bassline which will make u move]

for worst way how to make a bassline ask following artists

melicia, beat hackers ..& thousands of fullon projects copying from each other :x

neuromotor- the brain forest. fekking sick bassline, also i like tikal - breath rmx's bassline, pretty full-onish, but in a more lighthearted way. i really like it.

cpu - thinking machines, pretty insane bassline too, heard it as a party and it nearly took the roof off the place.

Most intelligent bassline: Kindzadza. No one can compare to that dude's work

He puts aaaaaaaaaalll his energy in the bassline.

Dark Soho also has very good basslines. They are with 3 persons. One of them focusses only on the basslines.

Parasense managed to suprise me alot of times. If there is one artist which is very wellknown & still inovating in a respectfull way, it's parasense for sure.. Not falling in clichés or commercial sounds, They made a track lately, on a different name, Freaking-stick (fear psychosis comp CD), WWWWWOOHOOOOOW, killer bassline IMO, still parasense, yet, so different.