Filteria - Sky Input

tbe

This kind of music has the potential to be the ultimate goa trance. It's good, but not completely IT.

The sounds are very powerful, awesome! The melodies are good, even great (not brilliant).

However the tracks lack distinctive character, subtle moments and proper build ups.

It's still a great rush though.

This kind of music has the potential to be the ultimate goa trance. It's good, but not completely IT.

The sounds are very powerful, awesome! The melodies are good, even great (not brilliant).

However the tracks lack distinctive character, subtle moments and proper build ups.

It's still a great rush though.

Completelly disagree about that

BTW this album still is a 11/10

It will never grow old, never!

• 2 weeks later...

10$ to anyone who can sit still through an entire listen of Navigate.

Are you kiddin??! This song is so fucking awesome, let me listen to it once and I'll give you a blow job for free.

I'll even spit on it.

And I'll swallow!

No. :D

Are you kiddin??! This song is so fucking awesome, let me listen to it once and I'll give you a blow job for free.

I'll even spit on it.

And I'll swallow!

I think what he meant is that the track is so good, that you can't sit still through it, but you get up and dance...

But if you want to give him a blowjob, go ahead... :blink:

;):D

I think it was this word. People read still sit which would sound really negative like before it was bearable but now is unbearable. But he wrote sit still as in have to move your body :)

I find it very hard to sit still when listening to this album as well with heliopolis :posford:

I think what he meant is that the track is so good, that you can't sit still through it, but you get up and dance...

But if you want to give him a blowjob, go ahead... :blink:

;):D

Oh oops. I read it wrong. Damn. Now everyone knows what my night job consists of, j/k. :D

No problem, now about that blowjob...

Enough! Enough about the blow job! ;p

• 2 weeks later...

Update: This album is like a super energy pill to listen to (especially to drive/dance to at nighttime). I was listening to it again, lately. It's impressive how far Jannis pushed the limits with his debut. Yes I know it used many similar sounds in general. But each song (Operation Pulse, Domestic Modulator for starters) is so massive, powerful, and varied with ideas. It's rare on any album that every other song is so strong too. Sky Input is the most maximal album I've ever heard. A bit much to listen to straight through for me. But when it comes to high octane music Sky Input is virtually unmatched.

I've been really happy with the changes, fresh approaches (see Filteria singles on V/A - Apsara, V/A - Opus Iridium respectively) over the years. They've been great so far and I think we've really needed that, fresh approaches, directions. I'm really looking forward to Filteria 3 and/or the KOB debut. Whichever comes first. I think it's wonderful how Suntrip gives artists extra time to finish their passion project. The result is something most people find very special like Filteria's Sky Input, Khetzal's Corolle, Ra's 9th (for starters).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great Driving Music indeed.

I almost think that Filteria - Sky Input was playing in the background when the Big Bang occurred and the universe was created...or God it doesn't matter.

Such Ambition, such overwhelming drive...in its intensity...overwhelming at times and full of life.

That's a good way of putting it.

This album still impresses me, to this day. I rarely listen to it straight through though. Several tracks at a time, maybe a break every four tracks. It's still one of my favorite albums ever produced in the electronica genre.

Filteria 3 release date: March (sometime) 2009.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Filteria has his very own sound and i am in love with it. SKY INPUT is the highest rated album for me.

Favourite tracks are The Snuggling Snail and Sky Input. I've played these tracks many many times at many many parties and people simply went crazy.

PURE ENERGY.

• 3 months later...

Posted Image

Filteria - Sky Input

01. Operation Pulse 10:34

02. Stars (StarStuff Remix) 09:42

03. Navigate 08:25

04. The Snuggling Snail 09:01

05. Domestic Modulator 09:04

06. Ultimator! 11:03

07. Galactic Rays 09:14

08. Sky Input 07:46

The Grand Masterpiece. The over-enthused words.

Operation Pulse

Beginning with low rattling synth and progressing higher, going up and down - 0:33 Birds are introduced - 1:06 the kick appears. More layers ensues at 1:35. 2:40 hits and... before you know it, we're on our way to space made of harmonic seas of colours and exploding suns. Epic amounts of layers together with melody work not from this world. The rest is a fascinating journey through places you've never seen before and it is not something to be be missed.

The perfect opening for the perfect album.

Stars (Starstuff Remix)

Stars... stars... stars.... we are star-r-rs. Crystallized soundscapes and grand melodies ensues. We are definitely going through a black hole right now and what I see is not black, but it is endless loops of beautiful blue and white fractal smashups and through the barriers you can see the stars far away. Safe to say, we aren't in the milky-way anymore.

Navigate

Starting with playful synths and acid lines with a hint of mystical soundscape. Not a long time passes by and we're introduced with the bassline and then onto main melodies. This one is just plain crazy. So many different layers which all are thought-trough throughly. There's not much to say other than... rtrtrtrtrrararararararrararararraraararrarararararararararaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA. Fuck yes. All I can see is twirling, ultra-sharp, fractals.

And not to mention that 6:50 key change that stops everything and then gives us this extremely funky revving sound coupled with a layer of psychedelia. Now that is awesome.

The Snuggling Snail

The best sample use I have heard. Perfect, just perfect. Look at the previous numbers and mix those with the word playful and you have snuggling snail. Traaakakakakaa tang tang tang traakakakakakaaaa. The rollercoaster, up and down, bassline accompanying the playful effects and melodies is just sheer perfection in chaos.

Domestic Modulator

Ultimator!

Galactic Rays

The next three tracks share the same exact awesome fucking wowsome epic and, might I say, über grand, melodies and soundscapes with sharp as hell textures. Galactic Rays being the pinnacle and highlight. ''We're tripping our balls off in this endless sea of fractals and stars, and don't miss home one bit.''

Most epic and spacey goa-trance ever, truly.

Sky Input

Takes things more slower, but to accommodate it, gives us more emotional, deep and down to ground melodies. This sounds like we've landed on a colourful, but calm, mysterious planet, coupled with a red sun and a blue moon. Great ender!

What a ride. <3

an Artists interpretation of Ultimator!'s soundscapes

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Galactic Rays being the pinnacle and highlight. ''We're tripping our balls off in this endless sea of fractals and stars, and don't miss home one bit.''

Most epic and spacey goa-trance ever, truly.

That's the most correct thing I have ever read in a review.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...