Filteria - Sky Input

tbe

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just been giving this one a proper listen and it has really blown me away. I always vaguely liked Filteria simply because it's powerful, and sometimes a running theme in newer Goa is it lacks the sheer power of older classics like Teleport etc, but my god, this is probably the most powerful psychedelic trance album i've ever heard. Constant scream of beautiful melodies, that genuinely never become boring on repeated listens, and only very rarely border cheesey. Filteria maintains a hilarious amount of psychedelia with this album, something melodic newschool also lacks, often the storm of melodic power breaks down into a soup of mind-twisting sounds, to re-emerge even stronger. And underneath it all is a fat bass, swirling acid and a strange calming beauty when you allow the tracks to flow through you. Filteria has made something incredible here, and i'm off to give the rest of his output a solid listen!

9.5/10 (just falls short of the ten because it can begin to sound similiar, this is hardly a problem however when the sound is sheer beauty and power in trance form)

• 4 months later...

I sometimes forget why I loved this album in the first place.

Then I pick it up and play a track like Operation Pulse, Navigate, Ultimator, Galactic Rays and lo and behold I soon realize the fact that there is nothing else like it. So many melodies, that handle the groove, the power, the atmosphere - just about everything, and awesome, just awesome sounds. It certainly gets tiring faster than it used to, but in small quantities this album still manages to rekindle the light that got me seriously hooked on goa back when listening to Operation Pulse a million times over and having my whole body covered in chills endlessly, literally. The feeling of first time listening to this album with my goa-virgin ears; maybe it was the best album to start with, I mean you don't get more full-force melodic than this, you just don't. It's when those epic synths explode at 0:46, it's just orgasmic and breathtaking. Utter raw electric seamless power sweeping through the neurons in the human body. That transcendental grinding into the cerebral cortex. Filteria of 2004 doesn't exist anymore, but what it left behind was beautiful. Just fucking beautiful.

• 1 year later...

I swear, every single time I decide I'll have some of this afternoon delight, I cannot but to think what makes it so great and sets it apart from everything else. It's like one fantastic track after another. There is no filler here - just like Astral Projection - Trust In Trance.

It holds a tight grip on the line of cheese and non-cheese. The melodies and over-production are like dynamite. All of the sounds are so raw, it's almost as if other musicians couldn't bring themselves to use such over the top sparkly crystal leads with larger than life melodies. It's like days were spent creating all of these cool sounds. It's also odd to note the conventional 303 sound is practically non-existent, which makes me almost beg to stop the comparisons to Pleiadians nowadays.. theyre such different animals it's not even funny!

This album is just so far out there that I don't know what in the fuck is going on anymore. It's a grand experience like no other, ever.

One of these days I'll figure it out... one of these days..

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

What a rush!

FILTERIA!

Melt my mind!!

NAVIGATE me! Yes!! What a track!

I feel like I almost broke my neck just now listening to it!

Seriously, 9 years later and this record is still blowing my mind.

There is such a raw quality to these tracks, it's like nothing else. Domestic modulator 7:53 - Just listen to those phat fucking messy raw sounds merging together like butter. Christ.

I feel like I almost broke my neck just now listening to it!

Seriously, 9 years later and this record is still blowing my mind.

There is such a raw quality to these tracks, it's like nothing else. Domestic modulator 7:53 - Just listen to those phat fucking messy raw sounds merging together like butter. Christ.

I know what you mean :D

I think its that time of the year to hit Sky Input, Daze & Lost in the Wild in one go :o:lol: May be too soon! Its just Jan! :P But its fucking cold and I need to warm up :D

• 3 years later...

Such an incredible debut from Filteria.  Loaded with power and melody on top of melody.  It's relentless, overwhelming sometimes with it's raw musicality.  I mean there aren't enough adjectives to describe how perfect this album is.  It's such a bomb that perhaps it's this generation's IFO?  I dunno, but what I do know is that it is as spectacular now as it was when it came out.

Superb classic. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...