V/A - Cyberdelica

DeathPosture

V/A – Cyberdelica

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Cyberdelica

Format: CD (jewel case)

Label: Trancelucent Productions (Israel)

Cat. #: TPCD 010

Distribution: Boa Distribution

Date: 26 October 2004

Track listing:

01. 08’40” Noga – Inteligent Species

02. 07’19” Bizzare Contact vs. Dooper Doopler - Hallucinating

03. 07’21” Aquatica – The Access Code

04. 07’31” Electro Sun - Vanilla

05. 07’24” System Nipple - Radiance

06. 05’53” The Misted Muppet – Night Wish

07. 07’44” Uriel - Discobles

08. 07’03” Pardigma – Isolated

09. 07’12” Visual Paradox vs. Bizzare Contact – Tarim Taof

Review:

Fluff fest!

This is the 10th release by Israeli label Trancelucent Production – a compilation cooked up by label boss Homsy… Trancelucent release albums and compilations in a steady flow, and I’m sure we all know their biggest smash: the hit album From The Legend by The Misted Muppets… That album is still among my fav’e released in 2004… Before that, the label released the little proggy gem Touch Ups by Etic – also an album I thoroughly enjoyed, though it was in a style not usually associated with Trancelucent… Anyway, here’s the latest compilation, and truth be, that by looking at the tracklist my eyes cannot seem to stray from that enchanted name: The Misted Muppets…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Noga – Inteligent Species [143 bpm]

Noga Sudai kicks things off with an alternative way of spelling the word ‘intelligent’. I’ve been pretty impressed with the two Noga-tracks I’ve heard so far – especially his track on the Magma Records compilation Speed Of Light, and sure enough, this track is pretty good… It’s definitely Israeli neo full on, though with hints of proggy elements… Well produced, but not ground-breaking in any sense… I do however like the floating, stabbing sound in the latter half of the tune – in fact, the last two minutes are by far the best… Ok track!

#02: Bizzare Contact vs. Dooper Doopler – Hallucinating [144 bpm]

And here’s the first of two collaborations with Bizzare Contact… DD I only know from the track on ZMA’s Monarchie IV, and I wasn’t practically impressed with that… Very cool intro though, with coughing noises and harmonic bliss… After a while a distorted sound is introduced leading up to some twirling little melodies... More coughing, radio static and naïve melodies over a pretty standard Israeli bassline… After the 3’30 mark, the track takes an interesting turn, unleashing a palette of full blown, full-on dancefloor fodder… Yeah, nice track with the coughing as a funny touch…

#03: Aquatica – The Access Code [145 bpm]

Aquatica I remember from the Gemstones: Amber compilation released on Maia Records earlier this year – that tune had very fluffy melodies accompanied by some bad-ass basslines and darkish percussion… And this track pretty much follows that formula, though the melodies here are hardly as fluffy… This has a harder edge, and I’m all about hard edges… Ripping! So yeah, best track so far!

#04: Electro Sun – Vanilla [145 bpm]

“Everything you've ever said, done or thought about doin', is right there in that file cabinet” Young producer Nadav Alkayam has his debut album coming out soon, and here he starts his track with a Morgan Freeman sample from the movie Bruce Almighty… The track itself is dancefloor friendly full-on with a slightly harder approach… Guitars go hand in hand with tight percussion work here – and create a nice little track…

#05: System Nipple – Radiance [145 bpm]

Again, I use the Gemstones: Amber compilation as a reference… System Nipple was involved in a very nice track on that compilation, so I’m hoping this will be just as good… And yeah, these guys sure know their way around a nice melody… This is 100% morning trance with all the uplifting elements you can think of... This track has epic-like qualities – very well-polished indeed!

#06: The Misted Muppet – Night Wish [149 bpm]

And now for the track I’ve been waiting the most for… The first new track from those evil horror muppets since their no less that magical album From The Legend released earlier this year on Trancelucent Productions… Man, that album was brand spanking magnificent, and I’m happy to say that this track continues in the same wonderful vein… The hard-hitting, medieval, spooky, trance inducing style we know from the album… A hands down perfect track! Way to go muppets!

#07: Uriel – Discobles [145 bpm]

Here’s Uriel Ginzberg with a pretty darkish track… Darkish compared to some of the fluffier predecessors at least… Nice incorporation of weird FX and strange voice samples… This track changes direction constantly and certainly has some interesting ideas, but I’m not to happy with the euro-trance like discoboles-samples… Ok track!

#08: Pardigma – Isolated [145 bpm]

“You didn’t think it was going to be that easy did you?” Pardigma is the musical alter ego of Toni Levi & Rafi Muader and this is my first encounter with their music… The good things about this track are the nice electronic percussion, the Kill Bill: Vol 1 sample and the cool electro-like synth action going on… But that’s about it… Decent track!

#09: Visual Paradox vs. Bizzare Contact – Tarim Taof [143 bpm]

Again a Bizzare Contact collaboration – this time with Visual Paradox… This track is actually not bad at all… Starts with a familiar space shuttle lift-off voice sample accompanied by a sort of build-up… The style is full-on Israeli morning trance with evident electro influences… It’s done in a stylish way though… Subtle, floating melodic pads + digital drops and fluffy crackling sounds… Nice track!

Right… I never quite know what to say when I review these neo full-on compilations… There is no doubt in my mind, that this kind of music has a large fan base around the world, and heck, I even find myself enjoying bits and pieces of most of the tracks here… But besides the Muppets track, there are no essential tracks here – much of this stuff is just too fluffy for my taste… I’m not too impressed with the cover-art either – and the spelling errors on the cover could’ve easily been avoided by an extra proof-reading before going into press…

But rest assured, I’m not saying this is bad. Most of the stuff is well-produced and basically does what it’s supposed to: Entertain the listener. And yeah, I guess you already know what you’re getting into, when you put on a neo full-on release nowadays… So this will definitely please the fans of lighter, modern, uplifting Israeli full-on – others will sound the cheddar alarm. Luckily tastes differ – and for that, I’m grateful! =D

Favourites: 3, 6(!!!), 9

DeathPosture

External links:

Trancelucent Productions: http://www.trancelucent.com

Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/trl/trl1cd010.html (Audio samples available!)

Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=4339

Juno Records: http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/IF161338-01.htm

Trance Shop: http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/prod...roducts_id=4189

Beatspace: http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=1626

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another amazing compilation...I just can't stop lisstening Aquatica and some other tunes....just (2 me) seems like The Misted Mupped don't feat in..... ^_^