ETNOSCOPE!

RTP

Oh fuck.

I got hooked!

Hooked upon this beat-ific electronic-and-percussion-combination!

I saw them live at Earthdance.

They really rocked IMHO!

Now I really want something similar ... with the same pepper and with real percussion please! I'm sure some of you can help me!

Son Kite - Aiwana ... that's something that also fall into this category a bit IMHO!

Suggestions please!

Try out B.L.T.'s last album Anything U Want or Kiwa's Dreamtime Enhancer... not quite the same style, but they've got the good drums. Tegma - Encoded/Decoded and Son Kite's Colours have some solid drumming work as well, and are more on the progressive side (same label, in fact).

Hilight tribe...trust me ;)

http://hilight.tribe.free.fr/

Natural Trance is a patchwork linking modern culture with ethnic sound.The Hiliight Tribe, five musicians and one sound doctor at the mixing desk, play a live performance for the dancefloors of the 3rd millenium. Digeridoo, Djembe, Guitar, Congas, Drumset or Bass , among others, come in synchronization with the Drum kick. Travelling the world is part of the deal, that's how the band finds it's happinness, inspirations and way of life!

watch the "free tibet" video clip... my fauvorite song from the hilight tribe :) ...

Hilight Tribe ... yeah, this one is pretty good - but it lacks something - something that Etnoscope have and Hilight Tribe not.

Or maybe it doesn't lack, it's the other way round: it has something too much: it's too "tribal". Yeah, too tribal! I mean, it's all very nice and such and I will definitely watch them if they came near me, but it's not that I am infected like with Etnoscope. Etnoscope is ... smoother, more electronic, more tech-trancy, but still on a tribal level...

But many thanks for the suggestion :)

Juno Reactor, Medicine Drum ... mmmmmh ... yeah, they surely are good, very good bands, but ... again too tribal and too different from Etnoscope :)

ok, i think i have a better idea of the style you are looking for.

you might try Star Sounds Orchestra - Music For QiGong Dancing. I've only listened to saiko's samples of this, but they've got a proggy/goa/techhy trance thing going, and there are definitely drums melded into the tracks.

So, finally I've checked out B.L.T. ... at least their remix of Frogacult - All Seasons. It's great! I will definitely set B.L.T. on my list of good artists!

And Star Sounds Orchestra ... well, I definitely will check them out!

Thanks to all for the suggestions :)