psytrance and spirituality

Tracy

Hello, I’m a university student from Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK. I love psytrance music and parties and am also interested in allsorts of spiritualities and methods of personal growth. For my university dissertation I thought it would be really interesting to look at the spirituality and identity of psytrancers from countries all around the world in order to see whether it truly is a global phenomenon. If you would like to take part in this research, please go to the webpage below: (The survey is in English)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=7183713552

The research is completely anonymous, but I would like to make the results available to everyone. If you would like to view the results please email me at: psyspirituality@hotmail.com and I will forward them to you.

Thanks so much for your time. Love and peace to you all, Tracy xxxxx

I've done it too. Took a little while.

I also think that it sounds very interesting.

The only thing I was wondering about is how many people that are not interested in spirituality will take the time to fill out the questionary and how much it will then represent the psyscene in general.

Still it will give some interesing hints about common ideas between psytrancers.

I am looking forward to the results.

Good luck :)

I'm also not a spiritual person and filled out the form. I'm curious about the results. Hope they will get published here.

Hello, I’m a university student from Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK.  I love psytrance music and parties and am also interested in allsorts of spiritualities and methods of personal growth.  For my university dissertation I thought it would be really interesting to look at the spirituality and identity of psytrancers from countries all around the world in order to see whether it truly is a global phenomenon.  If you would like to take part in this research, please go to the webpage below: (The survey is in English)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=7183713552 

The research is completely anonymous, but I would like to make the results available to everyone.  If you would like to view the results please email me at: psyspirituality@hotmail.com  and I will forward them to you.

Thanks so much for your time.  Love and peace to you all, Tracy xxxxx

202533[/snapback]

Hey Tracy,

I guess this is the same kind of survey form which i filled a month back which was given to me by Richie from New Castle for one of his friends.

So if its the same form do i have to fill this one again.

Love n Light ;)

I filled it out yesterday.

(then I somehow got lost on the web ... that's why I reply today :P )

I hope my answers could be of help.

Good luck for your dissertation :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Tracy,

I guess this is the same kind of survey form which i filled a month back which was given to me by Richie from New Castle for one of his friends.

So if its the same form do i have to fill this one again.

Love n Light ;)

202917[/snapback]

hi dexter, i would be good if you could fill it in again. when i gave richy the last survey i didnt expect him to give it to anyone as it was not finished yet. your answers were actually really helpful though and helped me to modify my final survey. thanks for your patience!!

to everyone else thanks for your comments. i hadnt really thought how the survey might not represent unspiritual psytrancers and might discourage them from answering, but am pleased that some still replied. the questions on clothes were just to see help to see how important they were as part of the identity of a psytrancer and had nothing to do with spirituality. i wanted to look at spirituality AND identity to see the nature of the bonds which exist between psytrancers from around the world. and to check the similarities/differences youve got going on!!!

my final results and analysis wont be ready till next year, but i will email people with them as soon as they are ready.

THANKYOU EVERYONE so much for your support, all my love tracy x

The only thing I was wondering about is how many people that are not interested in spirituality will take the time to fill out the questionary and how much it will then represent the psyscene in general.

202539[/snapback]

I'm not a spiritual person in general. But I concider my self to be a Spiritual Agnostic person ;)

The test has been taken by psytones :D

hi tracy!

nice to see someone elese doing academic research on our culture!!!

good luck with your empirical studies!

i myself just wrote my diploma thesis about the global psychedelic trance scene, psychedelic culture, mysticism, postmodernity, globalisation, resistance etc.

it´s written in german.

the approach is manifold, as the content is very pluralist:

-sociological

-psychological

-political

-paedagogical

-epistemological

if you (or anyone elese) are interested in it, let me know and i´ll e-mail it to you.

gérald

• 8 months later...

I know its been a bit of a long time since ive been in touch but hope everyone who emailed me their email address recieved a copy of my dissertation. thank you so much to everyone for their help. Psynews forum proved to be one of the most globally used websites in my survey (28 different nationalities completed my survey from this site)and your answers were great. thankyou. It has been pointed out to me however that i forgot to ask an important question - how long people have been involved in with psytrance. Im looking for 100 people to click on the link below just so that i can get get some sort of answer to this question - if you would like to help please go to:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=849881122321

and for anyone who would like to read the research and hasnt yet it is available at:

http://www.goatrance.nl/full%20dissertatio...t%20photos1.pdf

chapters 4 and 5 are the most interesting as these are the survey results but the full dissertation is available here to those who are interested.

thanks again for all your help. you are stars all my love tracy x

looks like i saw this thread a bit too late. :(

i guess you don't have "romanian" among those 28 nationalities, do you?

325754[/snapback]

afraid i didnt get any romanians in the survey but a few people had partied there! thanks for your feedback :P