Best & worst Simon Posford projects

Cinos

My favourite is Hallucinogen for sure, the worst maybe is Beast (Spawn EP). Didn't like this EP too much. I'd also appreciate it if he would make more psy than ambient because I don't like ambient too much (but I have to agree that the first Shpongle album and Hallucinogen In Dub are masterpieces). But that's just my taste...

My favourite is Hallucinogen for sure, the worst maybe is Beast (Spawn EP). Didn't like this EP too much. I'd also appreciate it if he would make more psy than ambient because I don't like ambient too much (but I have to agree that the first Shpongle album and Hallucinogen In Dub are masterpieces). But that's just my taste...

202355[/snapback]

I haven't heard this one. Care to describe it? (and maybe link to something that lists all Posford projects?)

It's dark full-on psy, if I remember right. I've only listened once to the EP and didn't like it much. About a list with all releases I can only think about www.discogs.com

My favourite is Hallucinogen for sure, the worst maybe is Beast (Spawn EP). Didn't like this EP too much.

202355[/snapback]

Funny - for me, this is the best project Simon has had his hand in and damn near one of the best psy-trance tunes I've heard. ;)

I wouldn't call any of Posford's projects *bad*, but I've never really gotten into the Younger Brother stuff so much.

hallucinogen in dub sure isn't a posford project..

202368[/snapback]

Well. The sleve says "Written by Ott / Simon Posford" but also "Programmed, mixed, produced by Ott" so maybe he had a smal impact on the tracks. And he plays the guitar on almost every track. Wether it's not enough to call it a Posford project or not can be discussed.

Ok, I heard Beast Mentioned, and I ripped the vinyl for yall so you can have a preview of it and make up your own opinions. I dont think its too bad that release really....

but here they are (Non full tracks, im not going to incriminate myself here on this board) ;)

http://www.esknetlabs.com/mp3/beast_-_spawn.mp3

http://www.esknetlabs.com/mp3/beast_-_trouble.mp3

Enjoy! (Or not hehe) :)

Thanks for the samples! :)

They sound a bit better than I had them in my mind. But this project is still the one I like the last (which doesn't mean it is crap or something). But you people know which EP I love a lot and hasn't been mentioned here so far? Infernal Machine - Loin King / The Loins Sleeps tonight. Great, wicked and fast psy! Anybody knows and likes it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hallucinogen the best without a doubt! Dub Trees and Celtic Cross were the least special probably...

@subatomic vision: Dub Trees?

Hallucinogen sure as hell is a Posford project... perhaps you don't understand the concept of mixing? True OTT added new stuff, but most of it (as well as the basis of the whole project) was old Posford material.

Yes Hallucinogen is a Posford project, on the other hand Hallucinogen In Dub would be like 99% Ott. Not that I was there on the time of creation to witness it all but that's the picture I've got anyways. Ott did everything apart from the guitars and the bass

can't name only 1 best project that Simon is part of...Shpongle, Dup Trees and Hallucinogen are maybe above the rest...or maybe not :)

worst is...ummm...fly agaric i must say. that one song made by f.a. isn't really that good so...easy pick :)

can't name only 1 best project that Simon is part of...Shpongle, Dup Trees and Hallucinogen are maybe above the rest...or maybe not  :)

worst is...ummm...fly agaric i must say. that one song made by f.a. isn't really that good so...easy pick  :)

203500[/snapback]

While I might not agree with that, I sure agree with your avatar picture. :lol:

hallucinogen was defenitely the best worst i would say shpongle becouse of tracks that are the worst shit ever,,,, hallucinogen doesnt really have bad tracks, concidering also that it was made earlier than shponlge and still it have its power and freshnes,, hehe anyways that what i think..