3. FILL 25

4. LANZAROTE

5. EXTRUMA

6. THE OIL ZONE

7. TREATMENTS

8. FILL 17

9. G SPOT

10. GROGNO

Here is one of the best ambient albums from the mid nineties, when music was all about feel, expression and idea. This album is one of the best Speedy J efforts to date. It is mellow, fresh, gentle, at some stages even faster but overall smooth, perfect release from one of pioneers of electronic music. I can easily see the similarity in ambience and atmosphere as Earth Nation - Terra Incognita album. Very solid and sophisticated structures with alien sounds and utopian melodies. There are 2 faster songs : Ping Pong and G Spot, both very intelligent and to the point. Rest is mature ambience, perfectly mixed and mastered. I like all songs but the best ones are : PING PONG ( ! ), EXTRUMA, THE OIL ZONE ( ! ),TREATMENTS, G SPOT, GROGNO ( ! )...10/10

i think i remember this... my gf played in her car a few time... it was one of those mixed in album where the whole album was a mixed set (bit like orbital's brown album). if it is, yep 10/10.

Hehe, Speedy J is a very creative man. You can also check out other projects by Jochem Paap at discogs.com. You will see that hes been releasing on some of the major labels like Beam me up, Plus8 and Warp, just to mention a few.

My personal favourites are Ginger (the album) and pepper (12" to the album). He has done everything from ambient, trance, house to techno and drum and bass. Most of the things that he touches becomes very good :)

Yes, he has that certain delicacy that very rarely someone has. His structures are very smooth, delicate and to the point. I like that feel of experimental alien atmosphere and sophisticated pads. I haven't heard Ginger yet, but Pepper is one hell of a song. I haven't heard his house projects cause I am not at all interested in such genre.

Yes, he has that certain delicacy that very rarely someone has. His structures are very smooth, delicate and to the point. I like that feel of experimental alien atmosphere and sophisticated pads. I haven't heard Ginger yet, but Pepper is one hell of a song. I haven't heard his house projects cause I am not at all interested in such genre.

203215[/snapback]

house back then and now is a complete diffrent thing hehe. Ginger is a very nice trance/house album. Like the backside of pepper is, very housey :)

i think i remember this...  my gf played in her car a few time... it was one of those mixed in album where the whole album was a mixed set (bit like orbital's brown album).  if it is, yep 10/10.

202453[/snapback]

I just dug out the Live cd (Harthouse) and it is frikkin amazing :)

• 2 weeks later...