GMS - Any new projects?

Slyde

no...but thats a good thing! I hope they finally realized that they have to come up with some fresh ideas. Maybe even themselves got bored of the "GMS" sound!  :D

201562[/snapback]

Haha, thats the same thing that attracts me to them, is 'their' sound. It is just so different.

But yes, change is a good thing, so I am eager to hear something new, regardless.

Hello slyde! Can you tell me how do you record your sets to the computer? Thanks :-)

201565[/snapback]

Hello :D

I use an RCA to MiniJack cable from my mixer to my PowerBook. From there I just use a simple audiorecorder. :D

You conect the cable directly from the mixer and not from an amplifier? And powerbook, what's that? Sorry......

201574[/snapback]

Say I am playing a show. I have cables going from Master Out --> Amp. That is what the crowd hears. Now, in order for me to record my set without all the crowd noise, my mixer has an additional Tape Out, that I connect to my PowerBook (http://www.apple.com/powerbook/). Then I use a program that records the audio into a wav. You can use the tapeout to connect to anything. DAT, MiniDisc, MP3 record, laptop, etc.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Damn! My mixer doesn't have that tapeout thing! Is there any other way? Sorry for the trouble.

201577[/snapback]

Well, do you just want to record a set for fun, or is it going to be during a show?

If you are just chilling and spinning, just use your Master Out. That will work fine.

wwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! I've got it, i conected from master out to computer as you advised and it works!! Thanks a lot my friend. :-) But the only program to record i've managed to get from the internet is the wavelab2 demo. Could you recomend me a good (and free downloadable preferably) program? Wich one do you use?

well i bet there's like a new track or two popping out every other day on the mafia places and ummm the new 1200$$ is almost out and well.. what a rip off they did with the high paradise!! metallica is so going to sue them :D:blink::blink:

well i bet there's like a new track or two popping out every other day on the mafia places and ummm the new 1200$$ is almost out and well.. what a rip off they did with the high paradise!! metallica is so going to sue them  :D  :blink:  :blink:

201692[/snapback]

I haven't heard any news on the new 1200mics. Any links?

wwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! I've got it, i conected from master out to computer as you advised and it works!! Thanks a lot my friend. :-) But the only program to record i've managed to get from the internet is the wavelab2 demo. Could you recomend me a good (and free downloadable preferably) program? Wich one do you use?

201690[/snapback]

I use some Mac OSX software, so you are probably going to have to search downloads.com.

Oh, doesn't the default windows sound recorder work??