3. PHLOAM

4. ISOPROPANOL

5. POLYNOMIAL-C

6. TAMPHEX ( HEDPHUCK MIX )

7. PHLANGE PHACE

8. DODECCAHEEDRON

9. ANALOGUE BUBBLEBATH 1

10. METAPHARSTIC

11. WE HAVE ARRIVED ( APHEX TWIN QQT MIX )

12. WE HAVE ARRIVED ( APHEX TWIN TTQ MIX )

13. DIGERIDOO LIVE

I know that this is not nor trance nor ambient trance album but some rather hot, juicy electronica but I had to review it considering that i am listening to it right now and that still amazes me what kind of brain have done this briliant work back in 94. Richrad D. James is among the most creative, innovative and mad british electronic producers. After over 15 years of producing music and release of dozen of albums, this crazy, twisted fuckwit managed to penetrate our brains purely on sonic craft ways. After his brilliant Ambient works he did at the end of eighties and begininng of nineties, he started producing more demented stuff ever since I Care Because You Do crazy album before this one. Here, he is taking you onto another kind of trip, doing all sorts of musical manipulations, from minimalistic degenerated dementia to more naturalistic, profound art of noise. To me, this is one of his best works just because the level of harshness he developed here. All tracks sound experimental, especially mental. His alien or scientific titles of trax suggest trippy, mad landscapes this guy had in his brain. I like all songs on this album but the best are : DIGERIDOO ( simple but amazing ), PHLOAM, ISOPROPANOL, TAMPHEX ( mad, distorted crazyness ), DODECCAHEEDRON ( hypnotic, driving stuff ), ANALOGUE BUBBLEBATH, METAPHARSTIC...If you're looking for some creative noise and mess, this is the perfect album for you...9/10

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yea, Richard D. James album is my favorite, really great stuff there, the way he creates these original vibes from this melodies and drum works,

but the classics album, while great as the songs are, they really get old after a while, since all of them have little variation in them. Digeridoo, great track, but it lacks in variation...

o well, these are his old stuff, and as a producer in all he is great, the way he has changed and kept with his distinctive sound.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

It is good, but not THAT good... ;)

maybe it's just personal tastes.... but I really love that song,

that field of (insects ? jungle animals ?) noise on that fast

"trip hop" drum line ... no concept and just dance , well,

maybe to my tastes that's the best concept :lol:

Hm I prefer "Selected Ambient Works Vol.1" instead of this one... It's a really nice release though, but get Sel. Amb. Works 1 instead ;)

• 5 months later...