Why do you think minimal is dead?

Guest L25

I was remembering my old days back in 98 when i started to trance here in Brazil, and that even thou i was really enjoying the music and all about it, i was missing a more lay-dow- minimal -dark-or morning kind of psytrance, but that wasnt been played back them, i was just "missing" you know?

But right after i got on my hands X-Dream- Radio and i thought it was great! kind of i was looking for, and them a LOT of good Prog/minimal started to come about 99 to 2002. To me those were the days.....

Anyway........ now the minimal scene is almost gone and i just cant find good minimal releases nowadays... Only a very few ones

But still there is light in the darkness, like Minimal Criminal, AKD, Ron lyner, and some others, and somehow i think minimal may "comeback" ( not in a Pop way, you know what i am talking about it...)

And what about you? What do you think about the minimal scene?

I am glad it is over!

For me the time around 2000 was the descent of the psychedelic trance scene so far. I remember that I hardly got a few hours of dancing together, because everywhere was minimal being played, which just doesn't keep me moving.

I agree, that there where good tracks produced in that genre, but imo it is not dancefloor music and I think, that the mass of people has found that out by now as well and that that's why minimal has disappeared.

My two cents :)

I also remember those days, I'm glad they are over... ;) To be hones I never liked minimal and I also don't like progressive too much. So there were a view times I was quite disappointed at a party because they didn't play "my" music. But of course I feel also sorry for you now if you don't finde decent parties.

Here in Switzerland there are still enough parties with minimal/progressive psy played. The DJ have started to mix psy minimal with techno/house minimal and create a new flow in their sets. So I personally don't think minimal is dead.

I guess I know what you mean... But the psytrance scene is not dead at all, in fact it has tendencies to getting bigger and commercial. And I think this is what disturbs you: the scene and music is not going into a direction that suits you. Or did I get you wrong?

I guess I know what you mean... But the psytrance scene is not dead at all, in fact it has tendencies to getting bigger and commercial. And I think this is what disturbs you: the scene and music is not going into a direction that suits you. Or did I get you wrong?

200586[/snapback]

underground will never die!!!

my reasons for not liking minimal is just that. theres not enough going on. sounds too simplistic. it doesnt stimulate my mind enough. just just a personal opinion and doesnt mean i think its bad. just not my cup of tea. im sure that there are lots of people who love it.

the scene and music is not going into a direction that suits you. Or did I get you wrong?

yes i think thats quite well put.. actually in fact imo theres no direction.. just recycling the same ideas.. (not all but i would say 90% or more)

ohh suits you sir

I´m with you L25, I really love the dark pounding minimal sound as well. But I enjoy some other psy genres as well, so it´s not a really dramatic problem for me. There´s no use being depressed about it anyway, maybe the number of minimal releases has decreased, however it´s not necessarily the worst because back then almost every stupid fuck produced some minimal because it was cool or in to do so. They flooded the market with lots of crap, just like it´s the case with full on now. Nowadays only the ones who really are into the minimal sound do produce it. And that´s good, if you ask me. Maybe you have to look a bit harder for it but you can still find some rocking minimal. :)

i m sorry about that, but minimal is dead!

i have a broke heart when i say " i m sorry "

because i have discovered the minimal's style very late :(

now i listen to minimal ...old minimal... when i m home

thats right, yumade and all his gang now playing housy stuff.

i m a big fan of triplex and the old shaman

i have seen that some new stuff comes out sometime ...but ...it is light

If it's dead, then I'm glad it is. In my opinion it was the most useless genre of them all. If anything, right now is the comeback time for real goatrance. Bring on the Filteria. :D

200582[/snapback]

How can someone be glad that a genre of psytrance is over, like Redeemer and eleria said. I think they need to learn some things first......

I´m with you L25, I really love the dark pounding minimal sound as well. But I enjoy some other psy genres as well, so it´s not a really dramatic problem for me. There´s no use being depressed about it anyway, maybe the number of minimal releases has decreased, however it´s not necessarily the worst because back then almost every stupid fuck produced some minimal because it was cool or in to do so. They flooded the market with lots of crap. Nowadays only the ones who really are into the minimal sound do produce it. And that´s good, if you ask me. Maybe you have to look a bit harder for it but you can still find some rocking minimal.  :)

200603[/snapback]

You are right lumpi, and just like you, i enjoy some other psy genres as well, like prog and Ambient, so i am not really depressed about it, in fact i saw some few minimal acts this year. And i am looking harder to find good minimal since the old days

And you also mentioned a good point of view. Minimal today is for those who love it, and is much better this way, musically talking especially, but i just dont understand how minimal was forgotten so fast.

But just like many forms of art " the best stays hidden"

Minimal and minority rocks!! :lol:

I thought minimal sucked back in 2000, but now its replaced with Full-On wich i thinks sucks even more :blink:

For me Psytrance died in 98-99. Hope it will rise from the dead soon. I've got some vibes that it does ;) Ex. Filteria, Ethernal... Keep ut the good works mates :D

How can someone be glad that a genre of psytrance is over, like Redeemer and eleria said. I think they need to learn some things first......

Well, obviously I'm not happy that you are loosing a genre that you like. Back in 2000 it's just kind of felt that the minimal wave killed everything I personally liked about goa & psy, but I guess it's wrong to blame minimal for that. It's just how it felt back then... So don't get me wrong, I'm just hoping for the good days before minimal to come back. :D

I never said it's "dead", i wrote "I am glad it's over" and used the word "disappeared". There is still minimal music being produced, but it is not present on the dancefloor anymore and yes, I am very happy that is that way, imo it was overpresent and dominating the scene more than long enough.

I don't mean, that minimal hasn't got the right to be, there is a place and time for all kinds of music, but imo it hasn't got much to do on a psychedelic trance dancefloor.

Ah... and L25 may I ask you if you have experienced psychedelic trance before the minimal wave? If not it might be you that has got something to learn ;)

Sorry, again edit.

Your old days was in 98 as I can see....for me that was about when I started thinking now it's over....

I never said it's "dead", i wrote "I am glad it's over" and used the word "disappeared". There is still minimal music being produced, but it is not present on the dancefloor anymore and yes, I am very happy that is that way, imo it was overpresent and dominating the scene more than long enough.

I don't mean, that minimal hasn't got the right to be, there is a place and time for all kinds of music, but imo it hasn't got much to do on a psychedelic trance dancefloor.

200639[/snapback]

do you think that the party organizer are crazy

u know reading

read the fly ... if u see minimal stuf ..its ok ..dont go to this party

i scare when i read some extremist stuff like that

"hasn't got much to do on a psychedelic trance dancefloor".

i m sd that a so PLUR people are like u!

u dont want to listen ?, so dont go

people like it a lot !

and stop the " psykedelik sect"

scare me a lot !please

@lass22: "u dont want to listen ?, so dont go", sorry, it is not that easy, because there was hardly anything else than minimal available for some years, that's what I call extremist. And now we got the same situation with full-on.

There are a lot of people that like psychedelic trance (and I am sorry, if it is not PLUR for you, but I don't consider minimal as such), do you suggest all these people should just not go to parties anymore? Of course they will speak out.

Well, and it seems that there are actually not so many people likeing minimal anymore, because as even you minimal lovers have noticed it has disappeared. :P

and stop the " psykedelik sect"

scare me a lot !please

200640[/snapback]

hehehe...welcome to the psychedelic trance scene

For me it's also boring with minimal music in a party, and i also don't think it belong on a psychedelic dance floor.

I can't be part of the "PLUR" then and is faschistic as well?

Well sorry, then I rather share some good old Peace Love and UNDERSTANDING...instead of that KIND of Peace Love and UNITY.

Pll have opinions, some think minimal is boring on the danceflor, I'm sure there is a few styles you don't normally enjoy either. To start calling ppl fashitic because they don't appreciate same type of music is nothing short of...faschistic.

No-one can have an opinion for the sake of unity or what.....what a crazy world we live in sometimes.

@lass22: "u dont want to listen ?, so dont go", sorry, it is not that easy, because there was hardly anything else than minimal available for some years, that's what I call extremist. And now we got the same situation with full-on.

There are a lot of people that  like psychedelic trance (and I am sorry, if it is not  PLUR for you, but I don't consider minimal as such), do you suggest all these people should just not go to parties anymore? Of course they will speak out.

Well, and it seems that there are actually not so many people likeing minimal anymore, because as even you minimal lovers have noticed it has disappeared. :P

200642[/snapback]

of course it disapear ..

and im hate the word "plur"

u choose a party for the artist?

i do !

i look at the fly ...

"hoooo eskimo!!!it is shit so i dont go!"

"hooooo triptych ! i go!!"

"hooooootriplex ! i gooo"

"hooooo muse rapt!! i stay at home !!"

"hooooo son kite !! i gooo"

thats the way

dont say that u undergo minimal then!

and for years ago ...minimal wasnt so much present!i m not agry!i m not ok with u!

hehehe...welcome to the psychedelic trance scene

For me it's also boring with minimal music in a party, and i also don't think it belong on a psychedelic dance floor.

I can't be part of the "PLUR" then and is faschistic as well?

Well sorry, then I rather share some good old Peace Love and UNDERSTANDING...instead of that KIND of Peace Love and UNITY.

Pll have opinions, some think minimal is boring on the danceflor, I'm sure there is a few styles you don't normally enjoy either. To start calling ppl fashitic because they don't appreciate same type of music is nothing short of...faschistic.

No-one can have an opinion for the sake of unity or what.....what a crazy world we live in sometimes.

200643[/snapback]

i think it is " fashistic " when people said thats minimal should never exist

i hate full on and psyké

and i dont say thats is a shit... no generality !

and i insist :unity is bad !

@lass22: You should maybe read peoples posts a bit more carefully, before you start calling them "fashist", mind your words!

1) I never said, that "minimal should never exist" on the contrary I wrote "there is a time and place for all kinds of music". Got that, or should I repeat it again?

2) I also never said " thats is a shit", I stated my opinion and that's not a generalization . Got it?

3) You mentioned PLUR, didn't you? That's the only reason why I used this word in my reply to you, I usually don't! So please don't shout at me, that you "hate the word", when you brought it up yourself.

"u choose a party for the artist?", well, I didn't used to that, this is a phenomenon, that happened quite late in the psychedelic trance scene and comes from the rock/pop culture, which imo is very different from the psychedelic culture.

Before people were going to parties to dance, to create an energy together, where you can feel completely free and loose your ego and that time there was no seperation between artist/Dj and the rest of the people. The dancers are as important to a party, as the artist/DJ, don't forget that.

There was no big stage, that puts the artist/DJ on a different level, everybody was the same. There was no "live acts", where all the intention is focused on the artist. We didn't need stars to look up to, at that time we were all stars.

If you got in contact with the psychedelic trance scene only in the late 90th, then you didn't have much chance to experience this and I don't blame you for that, but you should maybe listen a bit better to people that did make those experiences, so you can understand from which point of view they are talking.

Have a nice day :)

oh yeah, can sure remember those parties back in the days, when parties just had small homebuilt dj stands in the middle of the dance floor.... but I must admit that it is nice, that this ended, and there are proper dj gear and places to stand now a days, it frikking broke my back many times hahahaha :) But for the feel its not as nice, as you are not one with the crowd anymore :(

I dont know about minimal, because I never got really into it. I like the way things have evoluted from it though :)

Anyways, good luck in finding out why it is "dead" :) Maybe you should try and throw some minimal parties, trying to produce the music, then you maybe get to know more of your kind :) (Oh, im just sooooo waiting for my flame now haha).

@lass22: You should maybe read peoples posts a bit more carefully, before you start calling them "fashist", mind your words!

200653[/snapback]

sorry for the fashistic ...but i have read a post very hard

i have notice your point of vue thank u

I am somehow glad those years are over cause minimal started being produced in the best years of psychedelic goa ( 99, 2000 ) when Goa and psychedelic trance progressed and took the genre onto another level. Then, suddenly happend that bunch of hot shots are bored with music and they decided to make new outfit which I personally don't mind, just that it didn't hit so strong ( half of 00-01 releases were minimal ) and the previous genre was almost dead. By the 2002 standard goa and psychedelic trance died and clash between minimal and full on started. I think that no matter how many quality releases ( Delta, Spirallianz etc ) was released those years, trance genre and culture degradated and turned into constant desire for evil, nasty drums, crazy rhythms and pretentious darkness. I am not for that, i like dark stuff and gloomy atmospheres but to be negative, evil for nothing then it is lame...There is no opinion why we should think minimal is dead. There are still some minimal releases but to be honest such genre was impossible to last long just cause of its strange, noisy structure...

Ah... and L25 may I ask you if you have experienced psychedelic trance before the minimal wave? If not it might be you that has got something to learn ;)

Sorry, again edit.

Your old days was in 98 as I can see....for me that was about when I started thinking now it's over....

200639[/snapback]

Of course you may ask eleria. I have experienced psychedelic trance before the minimal wave, but just for a few period of time. And here in Brazil 98 means "old days"

And i believe that minimal is great dancefloor material, much better that any oldschool goa wich i know a lot about it. And i find it MOST of the oldschool goa material very childish, silly music like Astral projection for example ( to me they are kids).

I also know that many will disagree with my opinion, but thats the way i feel as many others that dont like happy music

Of course you may ask eleria. I have experienced psychedelic trance before the minimal wave, but just for a few period of time. And here in Brazil 98 means "old days"

And i believe that minimal is great dancefloor material, much better that any oldschool goa wich i know a lot about it. And i find it MOST of the oldschool goa material very childish, silly music like Astral projection for example ( to me they are kids).

I also know that many will disagree with my opinion, but thats the way i feel as many others that dont like happy music

200720[/snapback]

Holy... well, without them you wouldnt even HAVE minimal psy probably. All them artists that did oldschool psy contributed to what is there today, you cant just slag them down. A little bit of respect would be in order.

You can dislike something as a personal taste, but to call it childish music, is a bit harsh, and also a bit imature imo. How can you call them kids?