Voice effects

basically u can make cool voice effects any way u want...u can use any combination of distortion, delay, reverb, phasers, etc. to manipulate voice's...but basically what i think u're aiming for is a vocoder...a vocoder basically takes two signals (usually a voice and a synth or drum) and modulates one ontop of the other according to specific frequency bands...vocoders are available many hardware synths, but can also be found in a bunch of different software configurations. for example, reason 2.5 now has a vocoder (truthfully i havent been able to get any sounds that i really like out of it, but other ppl surely have), and there is the well known VST plugin called Vokator, that i personally havent used, but again, my friends tell me its awsome. I'm sure there are plenty of other soft-synth type vocoders available, so just look around and im sure u'll find something u like..

but again, try just taking a sample, chopping it up, do a little time compression/expansion, rearrange it, any add any effects your heart desires as a final touch. i rarely try to mess with vocoders because i love the job of manually twisting and turning a normal vocal sample into something bizarre..

anyways, enough said, just try it!

peace

basically u can make cool voice effects any way u want...u can use any combination of distortion, delay, reverb, phasers, etc. to manipulate voice's...but basically what i think u're aiming for is a vocoder...a vocoder basically takes two signals (usually a voice and a synth or drum) and modulates one ontop of the other according to specific frequency bands...vocoders are available many hardware synths, but can also be found in a bunch of different software configurations. for example, reason 2.5 now has a vocoder (truthfully i havent been able to get any sounds that i really like out of it, but other ppl surely have), and there is the well known VST plugin called Vokator, that i personally havent used, but again, my friends tell me its awsome. I'm sure there are plenty of other soft-synth type vocoders available, so just look around and im sure u'll find something u like..

but again, try just taking a sample, chopping it up, do a little time compression/expansion, rearrange it, any add any effects your heart desires as a final touch. i rarely try to mess with vocoders because i love the job of manually twisting and turning a normal vocal sample into something bizarre..

anyways, enough said, just try it!

peace

200563[/snapback]

Hi, i have tried to use reason's vocoder - but like you, i can't get what i want out of it....but the thing with twisting a vocal into something bizarre manually sounds cool!! I just have to try that when i receive my new motherboard and xeon processors! Thanks B)

Whatever you use, please, please don't use this flange-like thing that Cher brought up and everybody's been copying, even in one or two psytrance tracks. It suxx bigtime.

That said, I always wondered why noone has come up with a sound input to some TB303 emu yet, I think it would be cool for a few things and not hard to implement. Like, instead of feeding a rectangular or sawtooth wave into the filters, just use a sample to make it squeak and roar :)