Ott - Blumenkraft and Entheogenic - Entheogenic

Hellhammer

First of all, hello everybody! I have been lurking for some time now, but I have finally gotten around to registering and posting. I'll bore you all with some of my favorite artists and discs later. Right now I have a question that maybe you can help me with.

I have noticed this sample of a woman singing lyrics in a foreign language (ie. not English on numerous albums. The two that come to mind right now are Ott's Blumenkraft (track 9 at 2:16) and Entheogenic's Self Titled disc (track 3 at 4:30).

I know I've heard this on more than these two cds, and the vocal parts are always different, but it's still the same thing. Anyone know what I am talking about? Does anyone know what the lyrics are in English and what they mean? And why do so many different artists use this?

With that said, thank you for your time thus far!

Namaste,

Kevin

I know what you mean... I think it's from a sample CD or something... lots of people use material off sample CDs so you'll often hear different artists using same sounds... I think it's crap. I don't think it's in English... not sure.... my CDs are not here so I can't check now... I miss them :(

Isnt it possible that you heard it in projects that were from Simon Posford himself? Some of the vocals are made by Michele Adamson (which I believe is Simons Girlfriend), and I believe that the lyrics are in French and Spanish. And that she would maybe consider singing on an Enthogenic album wouldnt be impossible would it?

Not just some sample cd (for Entogenic I am not 100% sure, see above), I dont believe that OTT or Shpongle, Younger Brother would use just SOME sample cd, as they have far more resources than that...

"Shpongle are Simon Posford and Raja Ram. People who have also graced “Tales of the Inexpressible” are: vocalist Michele Adamson who is going to tickle your garbles with her sonorities, Hari Om who sang on “Around the World in a Tea Daze” and “Once Upon The Sea Of Blissful Awareness”, Pete Callard plays guitar and is regarded as an extremely serious musician by extremely serious musicians and can improvise like a bird in the mating season, there are also harmonies by the cellist Harry Escott, a Japanese percussionist whose name we cant pronounce...and the rest of the shpongoloids."

Google works great as always ;)

yes they are samples .. iv heard it in few athoer tracks too..

I dont believe that OTT or Shpongle, Younger Brother would use just SOME sample cd, as they have far more resources than that...

half of the second shpongle is samples.. they do use real instrumets but also too much samples.. last sample is spotted from shponle is the male vocals on "around the world in tea daze" .. if you didnt know the whole intro of that track is sampled too

.. starts at 7:09 .. the same vocal is in game called painkiller

200311[/snapback]

Nemo Wrote:

Hari Om who sang on “Around the World in a Tea Daze”

Of course they use samples, I use samples, samples of people that come to my studio... Anyways, I dont think that this is some "Uber Chillout Vocals" sample cd that you can buy in the store.

Every artist uses speech samples, but I mean the actual Singing in the tracks. That for a fact is done and sampled from live artists in the studio.

Did that clarify things?

no.. there really is those sample cds .. i dont remember what it was called but i think someone posted about it here long time ago .. and the intro of that track is paco de lucia..

"I would love to be able to say I travelled overland across Africa in an old Eastern Counties double-decker bus, with a Nagra-D, recording the sound of the Masai tribesmen in their ancestral homelands, but the truth is that it was sampled from a recording of Masai Tribesmen in a modest house in Somerset. " thats what ott said about the singing in track splitting an atom

no.. there really is those sample cds .. i dont remember what it was called but i think someone posted about it here long time ago .. and the intro of that track is paco de lucia..

"I would love to be able to say I travelled overland across Africa in an old Eastern Counties double-decker bus, with a Nagra-D, recording the sound of the Masai tribesmen in their ancestral homelands, but the truth is that it was sampled from a recording of Masai Tribesmen in a modest house in Somerset. " thats what ott said about the singing in track splitting an atom

200314[/snapback]

As you can see I was answering the question:

I have noticed this sample of a woman singing lyrics in a foreign language (ie. not English on numerous albums. The two that come to mind right now are Ott's Blumenkraft (track 9 at 2:16) and Entheogenic's Self Titled disc (track 3 at 4:30).

I didnt know about the tribesmen to be honest, but I was referring to the female voice.

but they do fit ott perfectly (imo)....

all the cd rocks big time, there isnt a single song I dont enjoy a lot! Brilliant tracks all the way!

and honestly, I dont care much where it was originally taken from.. If the final outcome works for me, that's all I need

Thank you guys for the replies! I have already learned much more than I expected. I'm pretty new to this whole genre of music, so please forgive my ignorance! I am mostly interested in what the female is saying. What it translates to in English, and what it means. There has to be a reason all these artists use it.

Ott - Blumenkraft is a disc I picked up about a year ago through the word of a friend. I had already been into Shpongle, Delerium, Hallucinogen and such. Basically, anything Simon Posford has a part of is amazing to me. This friend told me to check out out the Ott cd, so I went to the store and spent $18 on it having never even heard of Ott. I must say now, a year later, that I think this i my most favorite cd ever, of any style of music (I grew up listening to metal, and still do). This cd surpasses anything I've ever heard before in my life.

Info about Ott is hard to come by, it seems. I have found very little info about him or his releases online. Does anyone know of anything else he's released besides Blumenkraft and the Hallucinogen remixes?

Thank you again!!

Namaste,

Kev

EDIT: I agree with you guys about those vocals not fitting in very well with the Entheogenic song. That particular song is realllllly good, minus the vocals.

No, its me being ignorant here! I think I actually have that SAMPLE cd! Its called World Vocals, if I am not totally wrong. Those samples are mainly Hindi and Arabic, so I could not say what they are saying. Anyways, I am not 100% sure about if those are on the CD, but they do sound like they come from that CD :( I was thinking of a complete other set of vocals :( It has been long since I listened to the the OTT album (Doing it now hehe)

Sorry again guys!

LOL, I was about to call a mate that knows OTT and have him ask what it is!

Ok, I listened to almost all of them samples now, and its not on there. But some of them sound very close. I totally forgot I had this sample cd in the collection (Got it from a friend and it was in Sweden until 2 months ago hehe). Anyways, yeah those samples could come from any similar sample cd.....

Since we're on the topic... the vocals that begin around 6:40 on "Around the World in a Tea Daze" are also used in Asura - Lost Eden (throughout the whole song) and they are from the sample CD "Voices of Istanbul"... as you would've guessed it's Turkish and a friend told me it's an old Turkish "bar song" or something like that...

So much for originality <_<

Since we're on the topic... the vocals that begin around 6:40 on "Around the World in a Tea Daze" are also used in Asura - Lost Eden (throughout the whole song) and they are from the sample CD "Voices of Istanbul"... as you would've guessed it's Turkish and a friend told me it's an old Turkish "bar song" or something like that...

So much for originality  <_<

200378[/snapback]

LOL! I will have to get that sample cd too then ;)

Info about Ott is hard to come by, it seems.  I have found very little info about him or his releases online.  Does anyone know of anything else he's released besides Blumenkraft and the Hallucinogen remixes?

200332[/snapback]

You might as well check:

Gargoyles (Ott, Simon Posford, Nick Interchill, Michelle Adamson). 2 or 3 tracks released.

Umberloid (Ott and George Barker???) one track on 13th moon compilation.

Further info is here:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ott