Filteria - Sky Input album released

mars

:lol:  Absolutly crazy melody ("navigate" most of all at first hear) weldone Filteria hope there will be more! Btw do you go to present this in eastern europe?

205848[/snapback]

Thanx man :)

I was in Finland last week and alot of russians were at the party.. They know how to party :) .. If i get invited to play in eastern europe i will be more then happy to play.. Its always up to organizers..

And there will be more stuff for sure :D .. I am taking a small break right now from music, getting ideas, inspiration and some new gear :)

Oh, and i want to thank all the people for the good words, emails and so on.. I am very gratefull (i wrote this on the homepage aswell..it means so much when people apreciate what you are doing:))

Take care / Filteria

EDIT: there are 3 extracts in the homepage of 3 new tracks (made during the time i made the album) http://www.filteria.com/site/?page=downloads

1. Feel-Tear

2. Creating Realities

3. Aqua Society

my personal opinion is that overall mastering is a bit bad on this cd.

a little bit of overuse with the reverbs.. the builds of the tracks may be needing a little more structure, not just full-on "machinegun" :blink: melodies from start to finish..

the melodies are a bit too unfocused. there is not really one melody on this cd that i can feel i will "remember" for the pure perfection and beauty, the auditorial communication of feelings, like tracks that alcyone makes me feel.

i would prefer more structure, and feeling, rather than un-cordinated chaotic melodies and twisted layers. i dont recommend copy pleidians TOO MUCH, make it more original.. a copy can never be better than the original!!! one has to find one's own way. inspiration is good, but it becomes boring fast if one just tries to sound exactly like another artist. just listen to melodic trance, or fullon.. its the same shit, no matter wich artist u listen to.. how fun will it be with a "pleiadians" genre? pleiadians-trance? ... it would suck and drag the pleiadians to the dirt!

also there were some scales on this album i didnt like.. sounds too weird, than good. perhaps its not scales, but the structure of the melodies that is important.

my personal opinion is that overall mastering is a bit bad on this cd.

a little bit of overuse with the reverbs.. the builds of the tracks may be needing a little more structure, not just full-on "machinegun"  :blink:  melodies from start to finish..

I feel the same at times, but you need to build up to it. I finished a set with "Galactic Rays" a while back and thats where these tracks belong. Keep that in mind.

the melodies are a bit too unfocused. there is not really one melody on this cd that i can feel i will "remember" for the pure perfection and beauty, the auditorial communication of feelings, like tracks that alcyone makes me feel.

True, but how many goa trance melodies are really that memorable? I don't know about you, but memorable melodies are not what I'm primarily after. Most tracks with very clear and distinct melodies feel flat and too simple for me. I want dense layers of sound, swirling patterns that sense of being exposed to an organic force. The melodies you remember are often simple, and I don't like things that are too simple.

And you're comparing it to Alcyone... well, did you honestly expect this to measure up to that? While I think Jannis isn't far off at all (and that the overall arrangement of Alcyone isn't that special) he has only said he has been inspired by the italians, and then everyone else start making a direct comparison between this album and I.F.O... Which is completely uncalled for.

i would prefer more structure, and feeling, rather than un-cordinated chaotic melodies and twisted layers.

Then this album isn't for you, I guess. I mean you don't go see a Woody Allen movie and expect explosions and impressive digital effects, right? Same thing here...

And this HAS feeling, just maybe not the feeling you were after. Don't try to tell me this album isn't emotional... just compare to ANYTHING else in this genre from 2004.

i dont recommend copy pleidians TOO MUCH, make it more original.. a copy can never be better than the original!!! one has to find one's own way. inspiration is good, but it becomes boring fast if one just tries to sound exactly like another artist. just listen to melodic trance, or fullon.. its the same shit, no matter wich artist u listen to.. how fun will it be with a "pleiadians" genre? pleiadians-trance? ... it would suck and drag the pleiadians to the dirt!

You're the one saying he's trying to copy Pleiadians, Jannis himself never claimed to be doing so. And I know for a fact that he isn't doing that... This IS original! It's so much more original than anything else in this genre and you're complaining about copying... And creating a "pleiadians genre"? Yet again, it's the people in this thread calling it a Pleiadians clone. And even IF that would happen (how can a genre consist of a single person?) it would still be so much better than the current "GMS genre" etc...

Now I'm not saying you're not allowed to have those opinions - I myself am sick and tired of the lack of critical reviews in this genre and we need people to voice negative opinions as well. However, I think you're judging this record based on erroneous assumptions. It's NOT trying to be a Pleiadians clone, it's just that comparing it to their sound is easy, which is why you see that in a lot of the reviews.

I too can feel that a more restrained approach to the buildups could work well and that the individual melodies could be used to greater effect, but if you're going to do something as storming as this, you can't hold back. It's not a perfect album in my view, but certainly doesn't deserve being called a bleak copy of Pleiadians... it's much more than that.

Oh, and what's wrong with the mastering?

True, but how many goa trance melodies are really that memorable? I don't know about you, but memorable melodies are not what I'm primarily after. Most tracks with very clear and distinct melodies feel flat and too simple for me. I want dense layers of sound, swirling patterns that sense of being exposed to an organic force. The melodies you remember are often simple, and I don't like things that are too simple.

For me it's also not about catchy melodies ala britney that i want in melodic goa trance.

But when you start going down a certain type of melodic path you have to follow it up.

You can make simple melodies that is genius, but when you want many layers of melodies to work together to form a track there needs to be more structure and progression.

Thats what made this album a bit of a dissapointment for me.

The melodies does not lead anywhere and it more seems like a relentless assembly of notes without a story.

I sure can't remember any pleadians melodies of the top of my head now when I haven't hearded them for years, but I remember that there many tracks wich had a lot of good melodic contents.

That kind of contents I cannot hear on this album, it just sound like a lot of melodies but they don't leave you where they promised.

They are somehow unfullfilled without any real progression.

Obviously a lot of people here feels otherwise and taste differs.

I'm obviously agains the stream again as usual :)

You're the one saying he's trying to copy Pleiadians, Jannis himself never claimed to be doing so.

Sure, no-one says "hi I am a musician and is trying to copy band x", but maybe there is a reason that Moai is actually not the only one making the parallel with pleadians and this album.

Almost every one in these threads mention IFO in their comment.

I must agree that to me it sound too much inspired from them to be at comfort for me.

It would not had sound original some 10yrs ago, and in my ears anyway it sure doesn't now. Compared to other current releases it does, but I partied too much in the mid 90's and was getting bored with this sound already then to get excited about it today.

I don't know about the mastering, but the production is so-so.

It's very hard to get a production at the same level of most stuff nowadays using analogue. And if you even want to try only top-notch analogue equipment will come close.

It seems to me a lot of people like the sound of hardware for nostalgic reasons, but to get the clarity and depth you can get with digital nowadays is really hard and expensive with analog, thats why most producers is going more and more digital.

I don't think production is everything myself, but I have problems calling the production excellent on this album.

The qualities is not about fat, punchy, clear or warm but about nostalgic it seems to me.

Sorry for being so winching, but with all this hype, and talk about how this should show the way in to the revival of old-shool it makes me personally a bit scared of the future.

I was winching about there being to little dark night music a few years ago. It came, but I found that it became fashion and people started imitating eachother and most night music bores me nowadays.

I have been hoping for old-shool to make more of a comeback for a while, but much thanks to this realease I'm already starting to fear that future.

Goa trance for me was always about experimenting and mixing styles.

So in that sense this album in it's spirit is typical of trance today rather than the pleadians. Just like the darkpsy clones this is another...."hey, like make some tunes that sounds like ..." in my ears.

Again...sorry for any offence to all the fans and to Janis, but I had to let it of my chest.

I feel the same at times, but you need to build up to it. I finished a set with "Galactic Rays" a while back and thats where these tracks belong. Keep that in mind.

And this HAS feeling, just maybe not the feeling you were after. Don't try to tell me this album isn't emotional... just compare to ANYTHING else in this genre from 2004.

You're the one saying he's trying to copy Pleiadians, Jannis himself never claimed to be doing so. And I know for a fact that he isn't doing that... This IS original! It's so much more original than anything else in this genre and you're complaining about copying... And creating a "pleiadians genre"? Yet again, it's the people in this thread calling it a Pleiadians clone. And even IF that would happen (how can a genre consist of a single person?) it would still be so much better than the current "GMS genre" etc...

Now I'm not saying you're not allowed to have those opinions - I myself am sick and tired of the lack of critical reviews in this genre and we need people to voice negative opinions as well. However, I think you're judging this record based on erroneous assumptions. It's NOT trying to be a Pleiadians clone, it's just that comparing it to their sound is easy, which is why you see that in a lot of the reviews.

I too can feel that a more restrained approach to the buildups could work well and that the individual melodies could be used to greater effect, but if you're going to do something as storming as this, you can't hold back. It's not a perfect album in my view, but certainly doesn't deserve being called a bleak copy of Pleiadians... it's much more than that.

206175[/snapback]

I agree this could be mixed into a set and be at the chaotic peak of it, but i myself like tracks with a bit more story and progressive mystery into it.. when tracks are setting a deeper mood and build up an atmosphere in wich you are encapsulated into. for example: Just like when i'm getting the mood of the snuggling snail's excellent intro it's ended abrubtly and then comes new stuffs.. i dont have the chance to sink into it enough .. there is not a smooth arrangement enough!!

well this is only my personal taste and i dont claim to be objective how a track should be.. after all this may just be The best album in the universe for some, and it might be perfect to put into the craziest moments at a party!! :)

it's just that if i hear this on a party i wont think "aah filteria" .. i will think "Pleiadians" !! and dont think im alone!

just like you i'm into a sense of psychedelic layers / versus melodies that together organically propell you into higher states of awareness, and create a symbiotic feeling that is so much better and deeper than just "a clear melodie". it's just that i personally think jannis could have sometimes worked a bit more carefully of the melodies [as pleiadians hehe]. 3-4 GREAT "killers" are better than 8 so-so/good tracks.

melodies are not bad (well sometimes they seem weird, other times really great, have to admit), but often a bit confused.. i mean the general feeling of the melodies sometimes feels like its not structured and thought through enough.. maybe it's just me.

well with mastering i mean, there were some tracks that had good mastering, but most lacked in a too much reverbs, and synths that sounds too loud.. maybe some fx too. well maybe its just me there too.. i'd like a bit more finetuned EQ on the synths. they sometimes hurts my ears!!!!!!! i like to listen loud without it being too much noise. The loudness and noise of the melodies doesnt determine the effect!

and this "Pleiadians TM" synth is ALL THE TIME.. in every track! the melodies would have More effect if this cool lead wasn't Overused! use more unique sounds, create new patches. i love this pleaidans synth too, but after listening to this album, im about to get tired of it... not even pleiadians use this sound this much.

only when at the peaks of their trax, they unleash hell ! Jannis unleash it from beginning to end! well that is one thing that makes this album original if anything.

I agree this is not a Pleiadians clone, but not very far away.. Just listen to the FX, melodies, and sound of choice!! this is HEAVILY INFLUENCED by pleiadians sound.

Well maybe original if look at the rest of psy-scene, but not original if you have heard pleiadians.

progress is usually the intention with inspiration, but somehow i dont feel there is enough progression. I hope there will be more unique and interesting elements in his forthcoming tracks.

Feeling yes, =P just not the feeling im spoiled with ;) ..

maybe i'm being too hard comparing with the greatest of the old school, but

thats what happens if you have them as your source of inspiration.

best luck to Filteria!

I just wanted to give a little bit of critisim since

i didnt see anyone else flaming this cd ;)

just my personal thoughts and how his music

could be improved!

For me it's also not about catchy melodies ala britney that i want in melodic goa trance.

But when you start going down a certain type of melodic path you have to follow it up.

Now I see what you mean here and I agree, but playing the devils advocate for a bit - wouldn't "follow it up" mean the same as "conform to established rules of musical structures"? Breaking these rules is what makes most music interesting! But yeah, I do agree... just had to say that bit too =)

You can make simple melodies that is genius, but when you want many layers of melodies to work together to form a track there needs to be more structure and progression.

Thats what made this album a bit of a dissapointment for me.

The melodies does not lead anywhere and it more seems like a relentless assembly of notes without a story.

I felt the same at first too (but have in mind that I had heard Jannis stuff long before the album release), but depending on when I listen to this, sometimes I just suddenly "get it". I still think there's plenty of room for improvement in the storytelling department, but this is still so much more of a story than just about everything else released these days, at least to me.

Me and Jannis are working on a track that will be vastly more restrained in its buildups than the album tracks, so we'll see how that turns out... And his early stuff was, believe it or not, even more frantically blasting =)

I sure can't remember any pleadians melodies of the top of my head now when I haven't hearded them for years, but I remember that there many tracks wich had a lot of good melodic contents.

That kind of contents I cannot hear on this album, it just sound like a lot of melodies but they don't leave you where they promised.

I felt that way about I.F.O. in 1997 too - I didn't hear the flow at first and it felt like it's trying too hard. It took me a while to really get into it but now I think it's a classic. And seeing as the Filteria album was released less than a month ago I think some people are a little fast to judge. I think something as complex as this actually is needs some time to sink in. I'm not promising you will all think this is the best album ever a few months from now, but this isn't really something you can give a fair review after listening to once or twice I think.

They are somehow unfullfilled without any real progression.

Obviously a lot of people here feels otherwise and taste differs.

I'm obviously agains the stream again as usual :)

Sure, no-one says "hi I am a musician and is trying to copy band x", but maybe there is a reason that Moai is actually not the only one making the parallel with pleadians and this album.

Almost every one in these threads mention IFO in their comment.

I must agree that to me it sound too much inspired from them to be at comfort for me.

Certainly the I.F.O. parallell is the easiest to spot, but judging the album only on grounds of how well it manages to copy/imitate I.F.O. is looking at this from the wrong angle. I've made the I.F.O. comparison myself (on another forum) and am thus also to blame... but when everyone is comparing it to I.F.O. and nothing else, you miss the point. The comparison can be made to describe the sound (which I think is quite fair) but not to judge wether the album reaches its "goal" or not, since the goal never was to equal I.F.O... Thats just in the eyes of some of the reviewers.

It would not had sound original some 10yrs ago

Oh come one, yes it would. Nothing sounded like this in 1994. In 1995 we got what was the roots of this branch of "goa trance sound", but this is still taken so much further that I think it would have stood out very well in both 1995 and 1996.

, and in my ears anyway it sure doesn't now. Compared to other current releases it does, but I partied too much in the mid 90's and was getting bored with this sound already then to get excited about it today.

Too bad, but I see your point. I've been around for quite a while too, and in 99-01 I was completely sick and tired of this style of melodic trance, after listening to the "goa" sound from 94 and on. But the new directions the music took failed to impress me and I became increasingly bored. Only when I started to hunt older stuff I missed back in the days my interest in trance music was revitalized - suddenly I found the emotions and staqtes of mind I had been longing for. Todays psytrance has lost the aspects that got me into the scene, but with this album some of them are brought back. I think many people agree, and thats why some of the reviews for this are so full of praise.

I don't know about the mastering, but the production is so-so.

It's very hard to get a production at the same level of most stuff nowadays using analogue. And if you even want to try only top-notch analogue equipment will come close.

It seems to me a lot of people like the sound of hardware for nostalgic reasons, but to get the clarity and depth you can get with digital nowadays is really hard and expensive with analog, thats why most producers is going more and more digital.

I don't think production is everything myself, but I have problems calling the production excellent on this album.

The qualities is not about fat, punchy, clear or warm but about nostalgic it seems to me.

To me, it's much more than nostalgia. In fact, the sharp separation of sounds of todays mixing and the almost sterile productions completely washes away that organic, pulsating feeling I can find in lots of older music. I want it all to feel like a weave of sounds swirling around eachother than three separate lanes of sound (lo/mi/hi) that never touch or interact. Also, when people have no knobs to turn (and even if you do have some on your midi keyboard, do you really turn them during recording? my ears tell me noone does), any filter sweeps (if there are any!) are automated with LFOs which completely kills the feeling for me. Listen to old Etnica or green nuns or whatever, and pay attention to how much the track buildup is made with hand-made filter sweeps alone. I want that back! I've been begging for that for years.

Also, there IS a certain warmth to analog synths that is very very hard to reproduce digitally. For example, I've spent many many hours trying to make fat, analogue basses with software synths and filters, but it's nearly impossible. Everytime I think I've made it I listen to some Organic Noise track and realize I'm a million miles away. And it's not just me, because no new stuff has that wobbly, organic feel to it. It becomes sterile and dead. I for one don't want a mechanical trip, I want it to be organic.

About the production of this album - Jannis' technique has evolved at a staggering speed but I agree there is work left to do. Let's also remember that this is much much harder to mix than a kick and a bass with some fart noises on top =)

Sorry for being so winching, but with all this hype, and talk about how this should show the way in to the revival of old-shool it makes me personally a bit scared of the future.

I was winching about there being to little dark night music a few years ago. It came, but I found that it became fashion and people started imitating eachother and most night music bores me nowadays.

I have been hoping for old-shool to make more of a comeback for a while, but much thanks to this realease I'm already starting to fear that future.

Goa trance for me was always about experimenting and mixing styles.

So in that sense this album in it's spirit is typical of trance today rather than the pleadians. Just like the darkpsy clones this is another...."hey, like make some tunes that sounds like ..." in my ears.

Remember that this is just one album. Compare this to the tidal wave of generic, mass produced releases coming out in full-on and the new trend of "night music". I don't think there's much danger of this becoming the next trend. I don't think todays laptop kids could come near this even if they were to try.

But to reply to what you're trying to day... yes goa trance in 93-95 was much more experimental, mainly because the genre was just being born. The musicians all had experience from other bands and styles of music from before, bringing a wide array of influences with them. Most of todays (psy)trance producers are brought up on that music, not metal or industrial or classical or whatever. This scene is dangerously inbred by now, and even if Jannis too is a young guy with mainly trance in his record collection this is a step in the right direction I think. See, I've said for many years now that someone ought to go back and take the GOOD bits from older goa/psy trance and follow that trail instead of the one that lead us to todays full-on, psy-pop remixes, et cetera. This is doing just that, this is taking the path that has been forgotten for much too long. I can't swear it will lead us to paradise but I'd much rather explore this one than to go further along the one that has led me to nothing but disappointments for years.

goa? no. this is intense in-your-face-full-on-pleiadians-style-melodies music from start to end. imagine a full-on trip that will never end and you get the idea!

it could be called the "real full-on" ...

this is not for you if you like goa!

:P

goa? no. this is intense in-your-face-full-on-pleiadians-style-melodies music from start to end. imagine a full-on trip that will never end and you get the idea!

it could be called the "real full-on" ...

this is not for you if you like goa!

:P

206258[/snapback]

Its obvious you cannot make everyone happy.. As someone in the rewiev section said: You are comparing this with I.F.O.. At that time the italians had been music since 91 or something and been in the scene for quite some time. This is my debut album.. With this i am not saying, i will ever be as good as they were, but you should think about that this is a debut album..

But i respect everyones opinion and tastes..

For me I.F.O. is the best album ever. Only that you are comparing Sky Input with IFO is more then enough for me..

Moai: you said i was influenced by Pleiadians. And yes, that is true (as i wrote myself in the homepage).. But i take those ideas even further with more climax. So i don't see myself as a clone. And i have different melodies from Pleiadians (like it or not) and the build-ups as you already noticed..

This is not a way to defend myself.. As i said, everyone have different tastes and opionions..i am happy that most of the people liked it and got some flashbacks from the old good times..

Its obvious you cannot make everyone happy.. As someone in the rewiev section said: You are comparing this with I.F.O.. At that time the italians had been music since 91 or something and been in the scene for quite some time. This is my debut album.. With this i am not saying, i will ever be as good as they were, but you should think about that this is a debut album..

But i respect everyones opinion and tastes..

For me I.F.O. is the best album ever. Only that you are comparing Sky Input with IFO is more then enough for me..

Moai: you said i was influenced by Pleiadians. And yes, that is true (as i wrote myself in the homepage).. But i take those ideas even further with more climax. So i don't see myself as a clone. And i have different melodies from Pleiadians (like it or not) and the build-ups as you already noticed..

This is not a way to defend myself.. As i said, everyone have different tastes and opionions..i am happy that most of the people liked it and got some flashbacks from the old good times..

206277[/snapback]

the last post was just a joke! i hope you dont take offence!! :lol:

(even if i think your music is too intense too often.. the greatest parts cant have the same effect then)

Well i know it's your debut album and all.. thats really tight music and i would love it 1000 times over any full on that is released today!! Still, i just saw everyone praising this album like it was the best ever produced in the world! I just had to give my opinoin about that!

I clearly hear you are influenced by pleiadians/crop circles. and for me comparing your album with one of the greatest in goa history should be a praise, even if it comes to negative/constructive critisism. I am pointing out my likes/dislikes so you can further evolve your music.. i hope someday your tracks will be as unique and groundbreaking as pleiadians..

I can draw a paralell, Infected mushroom's first album was heavily influenced by other musicians with their first album.. there was really no originality but they went on a safe train on a secure sound that they knew worked and took it even further. but their second album classical mushroom is when they created something original.. ;)

This album is one big Peak imo. You take all the best stuff and you make one Big HAPPY cd. This album really makes me smile day after day. If you put it on it's always like a big party where ever you are and you are tempted to put the volume way up to give you that happy party feel. If everybody had this music you wouldn't see so many boring or unhappy people...

I place this album next to the great ones like hallucinogen, pleiadians and so.

Maybe he didn't have that much structures but does this album need it????????

I actually love it more then IFO because this really gets me moving round and round.

Anyway , maybe nexttime a few songs with more story for the critics but just keep making this insane stuff. Because I'm tempted to keep playing the same 5 albums over and over because I don't find stuff that comes near...

*Jumping and flying around the world*

Greetz and keep it up, cya in Belgium

I'm happy to read all that.

There are no real bad critics on this album.

And sometimes, critics end up on comparing Sky Input with IFO, which is something any label manager would dream of :P

I have 4 things to add :

- We put LOTS of efforts producing this album, so please all of you guys be so honest as to buy it. You can get it through lots of stores, and also on suntriprecords.com

- We are trying to summon new forces to produce a compilation next. Hard stuff, believe me...but i guess there will be some Filteria on it :) and many surprises !

- We are organizing a (private)label-party with Filteria in less than 2 months. Other great Djs will be here too. I'll update you about it, but you should come, even if you're far : It will be a fucking blast ;)

- We are looking for nice organizers round the world to invite Mr Filteria and our other artists.

Bom !

mars / Psynews+Suntrip

I'm happy to read all that.

There are no real bad critics on this album.

And sometimes, critics end up on comparing Sky Input with IFO, which is something any label manager would dream of  :P

I have 4 things to add :

- We put LOTS of efforts producing this album, so please all of you guys be so honest as to buy it. You can get it through lots of stores, and also on suntriprecords.com

- We are trying to summon new forces to produce a compilation next. Hard stuff, believe me...but i guess there will be some Filteria on it :) and many surprises !

- We are organizing a (private)label-party with Filteria in less than 2 months. Other great Djs will be here too. I'll update you about it, but you should come, even if you're far : It will be a fucking blast  ;)

- We are looking for nice organizers round the world to invite Mr Filteria and our other artists.

Bom !

mars / Psynews+Suntrip

206348[/snapback]

Hehe bought it from Anoebis and idd it's worth.

thx

To Filteria and Mars,

Hey guys!, how are you! Its great so see your album finally released and I've read mostly very positive feedback on it! Its also nice to see you communicating with some of the posters on the forums, exchanging ideas, opinions, feedback, questions, etc... I've ordered this album several weeks ago and its already arrived at the location I plan on being at over Christmas. I'll finally be hearing soon it and I look forward to giving you my thoughts and feedback. So far I've only heard samples that filteria posted before and the ones off psyshop. In the mean time, I had several questions for you that I found good and interesting to ask. I'm curious to hear and learn what you think and why, and I'm sure some others are to. Please take the time to go through these at your convenience.

Mars: Is Suntrip Records your own record label? If so, thats great. With the established connections that you (and if anyone else is involved) has, can we look forward to seeing and hearing new, creative goa/psy talents and debut albums in the upcoming years though Suntrip Records?

Filteria: Has there been any other artists you've been inspired by other than Pleiadians? If there are, can you list any?

Filteria - Do you have enough great tracks that you might put out a second main album in 2005, (like Transwave once did, releasing two albums within a years time) or will it probably take longer?

Mars and/or Filteria - What exactly makes Pleadians psytrance and not goatrance, or vice-versa? I've read that you're music brings back some classic goa sounds. Some say its goatrance while others say its really melodic psytrance, which one is it? What really qualifies it to be one over the other? And do you consider your album psytrance or goatrance, (or do you consider those the same thing) and why? And if I straight up knew the answer to this I wouldn't bother asking it.

Filteria - I thought this was an interesting question because you've been inspired by Pleiadians, a group which has only released two albums to date, both with mature and intricate, yet different styles for the most part. What do you think of Pleiadian's Family of Light album as a whole, the style? FOL has created lots of debate, and I too wondered why Pleiadians never followed-up with a second album based on this beautiful, detailed, fast, and innovative first style.

Fileria - Can you give any ideas (estimates) how long it has taken you to produce/finish the production of this album? I realize you've probably made many tracks, some which didn't make the cut on Sky Imput. Can you think of any track(s) which have taken you the longest and the shortest to finish? I have a friend who makes Hiphop back beats professionally. He can make a "HOT" beat (with melodie (s) in anywhere from 25 minutes to 3 hours on average. HOWEVER, hiphop beats are obviously so simple and repetitive, they're quick to loop and rare to morph into another rhythm or beat. I realize goa and psytrance music is much, MUCH more involved and ellaborate, hence time-consuming and I can relate to certain "concepts" so I'm curious. Can you estimate how many hours more or less its taken to do this album, and do you have any idea which tracks on your album took the longest to finish? Can you imagine how many hours went into finishing those tracks?

Mars and Filteria - Do you guys have any idea how many album COPIES a good (like Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen) goa / psytrance album sells about? What warrants good sales with this type of music? I mean, has IM or Hallucinogen ever sold over a million copies? Or is a hundred thousand copies really good? I have always found this question interesting because people buy these albums from all over the world, and yet they're so not as mainstream, but that makes them all the more interesting... because of the work and talent that goes into creating it, it only appeals to a certain crowd, but oh what music, and what a cool crowd. Any ideas, thoughts, and / or numbers you can give?

Mars and Filteria - Do you have any favorite tracks on Sky Imput? It seems like all the tracks are good to say the least, any particular favorites?

Anyway thats all the questions I could think of right now that I found really really curious. I look forward to hearing your stuff soon. Cool looking cover too. It grabs my attention. I have always found certain covers so cool and interesting looking, like Halluciongen and Transwaves covers for example. Anyway, thanks!

of course I can't answer the questions for Filteria, but some questions I can answer (and well, you could find all the info on our homepage www.suntriprecords.com)

so, Mars is 1/2 of suntrip records, together with me, both taking care of different things, but we fit together very well for that I think

Our aim is just to release quality music which is not full on, altough our main taste is melodic goa trance, we are interested in all kinds of other music as well as ethnic, ambient, progressive (morning) trance,...

So everyone interested in releasing something, or maybe our opinion, please send a mail to Anoebis@suntriprecords.com or Mars@suntriprecords.com or send us a promo (addresses on the website)

and well, I think saying Sky Input is "goa trance" or "psychedelic trance" is just a definition thing... let's call it psychedelic goa trance :D :D Naah, for me goa trance is just the floating, melodic, psychedelic music, but someone else that definition can be different of course, but we can't deny our first album was inspired by the good "old school" period... and we will release a compilation in the future with some more tracks at least in that style ;)

About cd sales, well, Hallucinogen used to sell alot of albums, untill the market collapsed because of MP3... We are véry véry far from the sales of 1997!

My favourite track on the cd must be Navigate, i've been playing it for months now on belgian parties and it kills, everytime again :D

Bom!

Filteria: Has there been any other artists you've been inspired by other than Pleiadians? If there are, can you list any?

I am inspired by lots of music (not only Psychedelic).. From the Psyartist, mostly Pleiadians/Crop Circles/Etnica, but to be hounest pretty much everything from the golden years (95-97)..Green nuns, Transwave, UX..you know that gang

This gives me also a good oppurtnity to explain why the music isn't as "floating" as the oldschool trance. When i was younger and listened to Psy-trance, I was always waiting for the big finale (the climax).. Many times i would fast forward thru the track to listen to the ending.. I was searching for something with lots of climax.. Then came pleiadians.. And i was so happy that i finally found what i was searching for.. When i started playing around with synths, my first thaught was: Make something mad, more mad then pleiadians, with tons of climax.. and thats what i did.. atleast i tried :)

Filteria - Do you have enough great tracks that you might put out a second main album in 2005, (like Transwave once did, releasing two albums within a years time) or will it probably take longer?

This question is really hard to answer.. I can say I had BIG troubles with picking out the tracks for Sky Input .. The whole thing ended with Mars, Anoebis and me voting for which tracks should be in, since we had a hardtime with the selection. So the people who liked sky input will like the other tracks i made.. And yes, i do have some tracks which are softer and are more floating..

Personally I think i have 5-6 tracks that easly could have fit in Sky Input. But i am saving such tracks for compilations and for Live-acts.. To finally answer your question: There will be a new album in 2005 (if everything goes as planed with the label and sales) but i prefer making new tracks, for a new album...

Mars and/or Filteria - What exactly makes Pleadians psytrance and not goatrance, or vice-versa? I've read that you're music brings back some classic goa sounds. Some say its goatrance while others say its really melodic psytrance, which one is it? What really qualifies it to be one over the other? And do you consider your album psytrance or goatrance, (or do you consider those the same thing) and why? And if I straight up knew the answer to this I wouldn't bother asking it.

I can only answer for myself.. Pleiadians for me was Psychedelic Trance.. Etnicas first CD was goa-trance.. But all this categories doesnt really matter, as long as someone enjoys the music.. I am getting very confused with all these sub-genres, so i rather stay out of it..

But i guess, Psychedelic Melodic Trance (or something :))

Filteria - I thought this was an interesting question because you've been inspired by Pleiadians, a group which has only released two albums to date, both with mature and intricate, yet different styles for the most part. What do you think of Pleiadian's Family of Light album as a whole, the style? FOL has created lots of debate, and I too wondered why Pleiadians never followed-up with a second album based on this beautiful, detailed, fast, and innovative first style.

I think I.F.O. is much better.. Yet FOL is somewhat more mature, but that doesn't make it better. FOL is a kick-ass album, but its hard to follow up something like IFO..To be hounest i prefer the sound of IFO.. I like the dirty sound :)

The reason why they didn't follow it up? i can't answer to that question.. making something like Maia is harder than to make something like Universe 13.. On the other hand is Headspin very very complex.. so it leaves me wondering aswell..

Fileria - Can you give any ideas (estimates) how long it has taken you to produce/finish the production of this album? I realize you've probably made many tracks, some which didn't make the cut on Sky Imput. Can you think of any track(s) which have taken you the longest and the shortest to finish? I have a friend who makes Hiphop back beats professionally. He can make a "HOT" beat (with melodie (s) in anywhere from 25 minutes to 3 hours on average. HOWEVER, hiphop beats are obviously so simple and repetitive, they're quick to loop and rare to morph into another rhythm or beat. I realize goa and psytrance music is much, MUCH more involved and ellaborate, hence time-consuming and I can relate to certain "concepts" so I'm curious. Can you estimate how many hours more or less its taken to do this album, and do you have any idea which tracks on your album took the longest to finish? Can you imagine how many hours went into finishing those tracks?

I Seriously have no idea.. I have spended pretty much all my free hours in the studio.. I've sitting and making sounds, making melodies at night (i tend to work better at night, when it comes to melodies).. Some of the synths were bought 3-4 years ago, and i've been making sounds on them, which have been slighty re-modified and used in tracks.. One melodie in one of the tracks is like 6 years old.. so you see, its impossible to say..

I can say, from the album, Galactic Rays took 3 days to make (the arrangment and so on), 6 days to mix. BUT, the melodies took days to gather.. That was the one which i made on least time..

Navigate took most of the time (like one month to make).. The first half of domestic modulator took 2 weeks.. Then i went on vacation for 2 weeks.. Came back and one more week for the other half.. So aprox: 3 weeks.. Usually it take about 1-2 weeks (melodies made at night counted in), if the flow is right..

I am working kind of strange, melodies at night, making music at days.. So its hard to say exctaly how long it took...

But from March 2003 i worked with tracks that could have been in this CD (and Stars is from that era, but remixed)

Its also kind of important to mention, that after almost 2 years, you learn your equipment and can work easier and more effective. I know, music shouldn't be effective, but its easier to work when you want to do something, and you know HOW to do it..

Mars and Filteria - Do you guys have any idea how many album COPIES a good (like Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen) goa / psytrance album sells about? What warrants good sales with this type of music? I mean, has IM or Hallucinogen ever sold over a million copies? Or is a hundred thousand copies really good? I have always found this question interesting because people buy these albums from all over the world, and yet they're so not as mainstream, but that makes them all the more interesting... because of the work and talent that goes into creating it, it only appeals to a certain crowd, but oh what music, and what a cool crowd. Any ideas, thoughts, and / or numbers you can give?

Mars is the guy to ask.. I have no idea..

Mars and Filteria - Do you have any favorite tracks on Sky Imput? It seems like all the tracks are good to say the least, any particular favorites?

One thing i am really proud of is that everyone have different favourites and that it might shift with the mood.. I have a softspot for Stars, Ultimator!, Galactic Rays & Domestic Modulator.. Operation Pulse leaves me wondering, I don't know about what.. But this can change from time to time..

The Cover is made by Ukiro here on the forum. I am very happy with it.. He did an excellent job..

It was fun to answer to the questions, even if some are very hard to answer to..

Take care / Jannis Filteria

Thanks Filteria for the thoughts and answers. I really enjoyed reading them! I too found I.F.O. much better than FOL, and I wonder why other tracks on the FOL album were not in that similar insane style; why they were not brilliant and/or as detailed and intricate as Headspin. FOL has really grown on me after 3-4 years, and I still strongly feel that I.F.O. is unquestionably better. I found I.F.O., both style and music ... style super innovative, and I found their first 6 songs so INTRICATE, DETAILED, WILD, impressive, melodic, imaginative, catchy... and phenomenally well done for its time and still is. I look forward to hearing you're album soon, over the holidays!

Take care and thank you!,

-JC

I was browsing around on the Isratrance forum and stumbled over the Filteria topic. In that topic there's a very interesting post from Etnicanet:

"Giannis is a very dedicated artist and you will listen to a lot more strong tunes out of his monster(very analogue) studio in sweden in the near future!

He is invited at the etnicanet studios in January."

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/50413/forum/9

Is there anything you could tell us about this visit?

I was browsing around on the Isratrance forum and stumbled over the Filteria topic. In that topic there's a very interesting post from Etnicanet:

"Giannis is a very dedicated artist and you will listen to a lot more strong tunes out of his monster(very analogue) studio in sweden in the near future!

He is invited at the etnicanet studios in January."

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/50413/forum/9

Is there anything you could tell us about this visit?

207946[/snapback]

Not much more then whats being said there.. I am invited, and i am going to ibiza in the beggining of januari.. I will be there for one week and we will see what the joined forces can make :)

That's all for now :)

Take Care / Jannis

Not much more then whats being said there.. I am invited, and i am going to ibiza in the beggining of januari.. I will be there for one week and we will see what the joined forces can make :)

That's all for now :)

Take Care / Jannis

208180[/snapback]

hope you convice the Pleiadians to be the Pleiadians again. :)