what was the best live act you ever seen it?

Guest L25

yeah, element was nice indeed. except the singing parts...

200094[/snapback]

no it was imo the opposite. as As I was not prepared for real vocals in psytrance (never heard element before that live gig) it totally blew my mind. Couldn't have been better. So especially "Magic flow" (which is actually more wave than psy) was incredible.

But i know it seems I'm almost the only one out there who is really enjoying vocals in psymusic. That's why I love the new Haldolium so much :-)

Fohat

This weekend I saw Infected Mushroom and Silent Sphere live and it was overwhelming!! First was Silent Sphere, they are much better live than on their album (and I like their album). Much more twisted and full-on (but in a positive way). People enjoyed it a lot and I was dancing like crazy. Then came Infected Mushroom and the whole crowd went nuts. They played mostly new tracks which was a bit a disappointment for me (but I knew it before because somebody told me) but it was still a great experience. I like their new album and the tracks also sounded good live, I'd immediately go to a party again to see them.

Haven't seen many big live acts outdoor. I'd have to say X-Dream at city hotel in Sydney a couple of months ago was the best I've seen.

Closely followed by Wizzy Noise on the weekend at Gas nightclub.

I'm new to this forum, so hi to everybody :)

The best live I've ever seen was Penta. I liked his album, but it was nothing special till that crazy night. After listening to the act for 5 minutes I was like :o and the rest was omg :) I simply couldn't stop dancing.. amazing...

sorry guys, but i think mine takes the cake. 1999/2000 millenium vortex/alien safari party on an apple farm in cape town, south africa. Hallucingen's live set, he actually wrote the tune "Milloonium" for the Vortex party in South africa (for those of you who didnt know) and at 12 o clock all the sound went down and the "ticking" intro from that tune started. (they had an 80 000watt sound rig) and it just went mental from there onwards. insane and fantastic. best live set i have ever experienced. plus i was tr1pping my nuts off. so it was all gewd.

199899[/snapback]

Damn. I heard about that. Lucky bastard you are. :P

astral projection live act in 2001 in umatic,(athens,greece).just all the mindstorming tracks played one after another(i still remeber the tracklist).2000 people dancing like hell,really nice vibe and a great laser playing behind our backs creating an otherwoldly feeling!just amazing!

P.S if i went to pleiadians live probably(almost surely)i would have had a different opinion right now:) :P

This weekend I saw Infected Mushroom and Silent Sphere live and it was overwhelming!! First was Silent Sphere, they are much better live than on their album (and I like their album). Much more twisted and full-on (but in a positive way). People enjoyed it a lot and I was dancing like crazy. Then came Infected Mushroom and the whole crowd went nuts. They played mostly new tracks which was a bit a disappointment for me (but I knew it before because somebody told me) but it was still a great experience. I like their new album and the tracks also sounded good live, I'd immediately go to a party again to see them.

200804[/snapback]

:blink::blink:

OHHHHH you saw Silent Sphere live !!

You lucky B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Where ??? When ??? how ???? Tell me everything !!!!!!

No doubt about it. Hallucinogen sunrise set at Earthcore last year with fork lightning crashing all around (on the back of Infected Mushrooms set). I was totally blown away by Simons crowd mastery, his ability to play the crowd like they were an instrument. More than once i found myself lost in the dance and slowly coming back to reality at which point i would look around and see everyone staring off into nothingness in their own private trips. Then the beat picks up and everyone simultaneously snaps to and starts the dance again. Absolute mastery of his art.

And ill be seeing him back there in just over a week.!!!

In Psychedelic Trance, I will join the freaks that have already talked about the ZoOm 2000, it was really a special thing... But Tarsis there is the one I enjoyed the most..

;)

Then also the Delta/X-Dream combo @ Transit (without any blank)

But but but... the best live-act ever imho was not psyschedelic...

Chemical Brothers, my friends !! :D

Theeeeey spanked me as never.. It's simple.. None of all the psy-Live act I've seen could have reached their technical skills.. I mean, all the tracks are re-worked for the live.. They make INSANE and long transitions between the tracks, and the energy is unique..

An amazing experience, really..

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have a few:

~Dead Can Dance in 1996 for the Spiritchaser tour

~Front 242 in like 1990 or 91 for Tyranny For You

~GMS in 2001 in SF...OH MY GOD!!!

~Noosphere in 2001 in the woods...YUM!!!

~Deedrah in 2001 & 2003...He is AMAZING!!!

~Shakta in 2001 at the Fusion Festival....Kick the Baby live KILLED me ;)

~Quadra in 1998 in the woods...my first live set...he kicked our asses.

I saw Silicon Sound a couple of weeks ago, and he surely kicked some serious ass, his DJ-set were fantastic too..

203295[/snapback]

i saw silicon sound on the 25th of september in london. they played a live set and it was brilliant. really uplifting and energetic. they had a 80000watt sound rig. it was really good. CPU played after them and they took the place apart. hard as fcuk.

Hate to go with the crowd but Hallucinogen at Rainbow Serpent, Melb, Australia. It was and remains the best dance i have ever had... it felt as if he knew exactly where my head was at and wave after wave of music kept me glued to the floor and in my own amazing reality, no stops for rest, or a drink of water, or even barely a momment of interaction with others... just me and his genius music. I havnt experienced anything like it... not even at earthcore last year where he played again. :)

No doubt about it. Hallucinogen sunrise set at Earthcore last year with fork lightning crashing all around (on the back of Infected Mushrooms set). I was totally blown away by Simons crowd mastery, his ability to play the crowd like they were an instrument. More than once i found myself lost in the dance and slowly coming back to reality at which point i would look around and see everyone staring off into nothingness in their own private trips. Then the beat picks up and everyone simultaneously snaps to and starts the dance again. Absolute mastery of his art.

And ill be seeing him back there in just over a week.!!!

202471[/snapback]

He he he me too!!! Along with some other favourites mentioned here who I havent seen; Promethius, 1200 mics, Eat Static, GMS... :D:D

See you on the dancefloor... or maybe not in that ridiculously large crowd. :(

Nothing beat seeing Juno Reactor on the Shango tour. Nothing.

203304[/snapback]

uuum...Dead Can Dance TOTALLY blew Shango away...I saw both...& Shango was pretty good...but NOWHERE close to Dead Can Dance...TOTALLY live...NO ELECTRONICS other than 1 synth & microphones...9 intrumentalists...6 drummers...but, that's just my humble opinion...you have a different set of experiences than I do.