X-Dream - We Interface

psy structure

Finally the new X-Dream sound and evolution went beyond all perspectives , and this month we can hear the new directions of the gods of psytrance and is simply one of the best albums from 2004 or should i say the only best, just the change many X-Dream fans were expecting for years! Order when it comes out before it's too late and becomes unavailable.Here is the tracklisting :

Posted Image

1. The 1st

2. We interface

3. Superintelligence

4. Try to save your song

5. Ultratube

6. Quantum Lab

7. Virus

8. Distresser

9. Slim Drum

10. X-Ray Eyes

11. The 1st (Fluke rmx)

You can buy the album here :Psyshop

Released October 26 on Solstice / G+ Worldwide!

Good luck with your orders! :)

Great! I will be one of the first people to order this album, as long as its available on psyshop... period!

Also, I don't give a shit what anyone says. I LIKE THE FIRST TRACK SOOOO MUCH! Although it sounds NOTHING like X-dreams IRRITANT or the twisting-dark style of Radio, some songs sound really catchy. The sound altered voices and melodies are really cool too, like in Bio-Tonic's new 2004 album, which has several super catchy songs with altered female voices. I recently made a thread in the general forum on Bio-Tonic, asking what you ppl thought, and I posted the link to psyshops samples... but like no one responded. :(

For the record, this X-Dream album is VERY DIFFERENT from every X-D album before it... and it appears to have some REALLY GOOD, if not GREAT tracks from the samples I've streamed off psyshop.

Fans who expect ANYTHING close to "Radio" will be disappointed. This style is different and there are female voices and probably some full-on psy songs too I'd hope, but this album seems like its leaning more toward tech-trance with some cool melodies and some psy-influence here and there.

Whether its considered tech-trance now, or whatever X-Dream has become, it is VERY COOL that they've finally released a new album! I've always enjoyed their music.

I think some people will really like and dislike this newer style, which may sound more minimal, but there are melodies and voices, some of its just "different" and I think some of the samples / songs are actually very cool.

I think a sequel to Radio or We Created Our Own Happiness would be unnecessary because those albums are classics that should be left alone in glory, to continue to appreciate!

There is a more contemporary sound and unique style I feel in their new album. Its not crazy and stomping, dark like Radio or crazy-full-on dark-wicked like The Delta's first and only GOOD album.

I AM SURE that some people will totally not agree with my positive impressions because they too really dig X-Dreams earlier styles, or style and may find this album less strong compared to heavier more full-on stuff, but its a different style and time now. I hope it turns out to be really good and I think this album might be a surprise... however, I truly hope it turns out to be a good or great album with more than just two or three great tracks and innovation!

:rolleyes:

quantum lab = eh, alright... its pretty catch but nothing that really makes my head bang to it.

the 1st = bleh...

i have their live act at the drugless festival which im pretty sure they used some tracks from their new cd, and some tracks are very catchy, yet sound sorta.. euro trancy for some reason.. dono... just my opinion

I'm not that impressed. First of all, what the hell is it with psy artists and corny, embarassing vocals these days? First IM and now X-D. What's this supposed to be, robot-rap? Uh.

Anyways there are some really good tracks too like Try to Save Your Song or Virus, but overall I'm a bit disappointed. Then again I'm sure everyone will disagree since Radio is my least favourite X-Dream album and everyone else seems to think so highly about that. On the other hand I really liked the powerful Irritant album as well as the two first so...

But if you want a new album from old masters, get the new Juno Reactor instead. :)

I'm not that impressed. First of all, what the hell is it with psy artists and corny, embarassing vocals these days? First IM and now X-D. What's this supposed to be, robot-rap? Uh.

Anyways there are some really good tracks too like Try to Save Your Song or Virus, but overall I'm a bit disappointed. Then again I'm sure everyone will disagree since Radio is my least favourite X-Dream album and everyone else seems to think so highly about that. On the other hand I really liked the powerful Irritant album as well as the two first so...

But if you want a new album from old masters, get the new Juno Reactor instead. :)

199564[/snapback]

you mean download?

Agreed!... I could stand with that the music isn't especially interesting and that it just doesnt fit my taste. But the vocals is just silly. Just namedropping alot of lame "cyber" words. There has been alot of good examples how vocals can be used in trancetracks but this is not very good at all.

I have listened to the album many times but comes up with the same conclusion.

Take Superintelligence for an example. A pretty good track.. then at the end they just throw in a silly voice repeating "Superintelligence" a couple of times. Destroys alot of that track.

Check out the "Meller" album for something really progressive in my ears. Good use of vocals there.

Without a doubt the new X-Dream album leaves the other 2004 releases down! X-Dream owns! Their music evolution deserves respect! That's what some people doesn't want to understand, but they know that X-Dream always are looking for a way to stay out of the same boring psytrance and their changes are awesome! There is more future for X-Dream and this album We Interface leaves no boundaries! This music is not for everyone, it catch the attention of people that knows what good music is about.

This music is not for everyone, it catch the attention of people that knows what good music is about.

200267[/snapback]

<_< Yeah right... there's something called difference in oppinon... and anyone can say that this album catches the attention of people who like crap music... none would be correct since it's subjective...

The album was alright on first listen but nothing special... I agree about the pointless "cyber" vocals. There are some good moments music-wise... but rare and often mis-used IMO...

"We Interface" would've been a nice track if it had lyrics that didn't seem like they were just thrown in. There are a few other tracks that are Irritant-like, but none of the really stand out for me... "Try To Save Your Song" is probably the one I like most... it's pretty much dark electro.. I like electro...

it catch the attention of people that knows what good music is about.

200267[/snapback]

In other words if you don't like this one you don't know what good music is about? How about just having different tastes... Personally I can only wonder how many star trek and babylon5 reruns you need to watch before you no longer find the vocals here corny or outright embarassing. "...digital delight, desire in megabyte..." Jesus H Christ, spare me...

Just got it and hmmm... At first I thought it was very promising, but after ive played it about 5 times I was ready to strangle the robotvoice!

But after all X-Dream use to show other artists "the way" and all ways that leds away from the Full-On Highway is a good way go :P

About the cover...

Posted Image

It looks just like the cover from Wizzy Noise album Cyclotron from 2002...i wonder if it's just me who realise this...

Posted Image

200948[/snapback]

:o

HOLY SHIT, YOUR RIGHT!!! Look at the similarities. What the hell is up with that??? Why did X-Dream do something so, er... something that already was done? What, why..?? That is so freekin strange. Both covers look the same but with different people, same concept and overall idea with a guy and a girl, and a speaker, and how they are positioned. just wierd man... :unsure: