Shpongle - Nothing Lasts

kabamaru

can't wait for this one...

the last album... I prefer artist who are honest with them selves and don't just keep on creating music without feeling... If they believe this is album should be the last then I respect that a lot...

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last one???

why why why???

199151[/snapback]

Because....by the time Twisted actually gets this one released (2015 or later), Raja will be too old to get anything done in the studio. ;)

Shit, with the way Twisted is so late on everything, the release date of this album might even be a few years after Simon is past his usefullness in the studio. :)

Well, if the really give up Shpongle, maybe Simon will at last find time to make another Hallucinogen album. :) But we'll see, I think they will make another chill-out project.

I truly hope that this album won't sound too samba/rumba like their last single, I think that it was actually Beja Flor cause I forgot what was its name from not liking it so much. Their first album was mind blowing and it is very special piece of tripping, where their second one was more like a fun ride around the world. I hope they'll progress the sound rather than add extra crazy voice samples and singing like in that single, but I don't know, I can't predetermine things cause there is still Simon's hand most involved in this project. I am just dissapointed in Raja Ram cause I don't find him serious anymore at all...

Their last album you say? Well, I'm ok with that. They are the ones who knows when its best to stop. [unfortunatly Infected didn't know :P] Three albums (if third one turns out good) of amazing quility and tracks that can be listened to again and again is not common buy one group. I don't think I will miss them coz they have already acomplished so much. I only hope they will make a fair farewell. Hmm...Don't you have the feeling to stop Sphongle-project after this one feels so right? I have that feeling. Think about it for a minute. The thought of never hearing new stuff from them gets me all excited and I will probably appreciate their albums more now (if that is possible). I hope this is their last one.

i have no doubt that the last shpongle album will be nothing short of fantastic. there other albums were of an incredibly high quality and simon posford is no amature either. i dont mind that its gonna be their last album, coz i know for sure it wont be posfords last album, he'll bring out something even better im sure. a 3rd hallucinogen album? we can only hope.

last album.....................we will see.............

But anyway the suspense is killing me, i really cant wait (although i have to) for this album. Both of their albums absolutley blow my mind, especially when i am shpongled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is music of such a special quality that i believe everyone in the whole world should listen to it...............well not really, but you know what i mean.

I first heard 'around the world in a tea daze' from TOTI after drinking some special tea (hahaha) and i thought that track was the most amazing thing ever. Then i heard DMT and all thier others and im so hooked on shpongle its not funny.

My Head Feels Like A Frisbee..........man ive been there a few times haha

This album WILL be brilliant, i can feel it, but the waiting is too much. I would rather they not tell us when it may be released, i would rather they just release it when its ready and suprise everyone, but no..... we must wait................and wait

You mean the 4th and maybe the final Shpongle album. From what I remember Raja said something like "We talked with Simon that this might be the last..." So who knows? Maybe they gather the whole The Infinity Project posse? I hear there's a Celtic Cross album in plans and a Dubtrees one aswell. And whatever happened to the Hallucinogen vs Eatstatic thingy? Uns2 should be out like next week if Twisted doesn't postpone it again. Anyone got the promo, yet? And the Twisted Chill thingy, that has to be good :) . Simon wrote a while back, like a few months or so that he feels like doing an album on his own aswell cos "we need more dancefloor killers" or something like that.

Anyways new X-Dream should be out real soon B)

• 1 month later...

Either wait for another big dissapointment from this cursed year, or wait for an amazing album that everyone is going to buy.

I really hope that this album won't ruin the shpongle sound, as it was one of the best ambient artists in the psytrance scene.

202654[/snapback]

It WILL be different, just as Tales was different from Shpongled. But Simon very seldom does outright bad music, so it's safe to hope for the best.

Anyway, the album won't be out this year, so if it's bad, the next year is cursed as well. I wonder if it's be delayed as all albums tend to.

Beja Flor was a very good track IMO...plenty of great layers, excellent production, nice progression...I'm expecting a lot from these guys this time around...

I hope they progress though...I think a lot of people won't like it just because it's not their first two albums which is a damn shame...

Why can't people just take things at face value instead of bringing in their opinions of previous works? I can see now: someone totally missing out on a great album because it sidestepped their expectations...I found an album just recently that wasn't good according to my expectations due to previous works but I gave it a few full listenings and, while it may not be my favorite of this particular group's works, it definitely holds its own. But imagine if I'd not set aside these things and given it a few more shots...I'd be missing out...

Beja Flor was a very good track IMO...plenty of great layers, excellent production, nice progression...I'm expecting a lot from these guys this time around...

202665[/snapback]

Beja Flor is actually first Shpongle track that I don't like. It has meny different parts whitch doesn't seem to have any connections... it's like there are meny mini-tracks put together to get one track. I also didn't like that guitar solo in the end... imo it's really tacky and it just wonders meaninglessly around. There were also other things I didn't like too much but I think I already said enough. Anyway I'm sure there is going to be tracks in the new album that I will like... just hope they would have left out Beja Flor. :ph34r:

It has meny different parts whitch doesn't seem to have any connections... it's like there are meny mini-tracks put together to get one track. I also didn't like that guitar solo in the end... imo it's really tacky and it just wonders meaninglessly around.

202714[/snapback]

I agree with you that it is like its made from mini tracks. but I still like the track very much. Though it is not one of my most loved tracks. Probably because of the serious absense of Raja and that beautiful flute of his..

-

So if we are getting samples soon that is god damn fantastic.

The biggest things I am waiting for is this album and a new DubTrees. And if they ever make another Yeti album that will be fantastical

I agree with you that it is like its made from mini tracks. but I still like the track very much. Though it is not one of my most loved tracks. Probably because of the serious absense of Raja and that beautiful flute of his..

-

So if we are getting samples soon that is god damn fantastic.

The biggest things I am waiting for is this album and a new DubTrees. And if they ever make another Yeti album that will be fantastical

203037[/snapback]

I haven't even heard the first Dub Trees CD. Is it any good?