Bio-Tunic - Divina

Jon Cocco

Bio-tonic - Divina - Has anyone heard of these guys?

I never knew about them before I sampled this album. Its a very melodic, cool release with several really good tracks, at least I consider it so! You can stream samples off psyshop.com! Just listen to track 2, 3, 5, 6, , and 9. I've listened to this twice, and I really think that Bio-Tonic - Divina is one of the best, albeit maybe not on the top ten, but for what it is... one of the best albums of 2004! The link to the samples is below.

I find the female voices and singing so very COOL, SEXY, and CATCHY! This is night time music for those who may have liked the different styles with cool female echoe's like those in Analog Pussy - Trance n' Roll. There are some dark parts in this new, third Bio-Tunic album and its full of fresh melodies and a different style with some very cool female voice, samples, and a some really good songs!

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sol/sol1cd012.html

What? ... Cheesy?

Ummm... No.

I don't think you've heard this full album or all the samples. I found several tracks a bit, err.. strange or "different" at first listen but later I found it more appealing and cool for its own style. Whatever this album is, it is NOT cheesy... Some tracks are fucking so damn kickass and those Saiko sounds aren't two-thirds as clear as the actual albums quality.

I've listed a handful of quality 2004 psytrance albums above just to show the types of psytrance music I find good. Does anyone consider any of those cheesy? No, cause I fucking hate cheesy stuff, and Bio-Tunic does have some experimental sound and voice parts, maybe one or two bits could come off as too clubby or whatever, but the majority of this album is not club-trance, its very cool, melodic stuff, and there are some really good tracks, good samples, and the female voices are so simple yet fucking great! Plus, I fucking HATE club-trance!!!

I bought the entire album and have already listened to it twice and overall, it rocks. Track 2 is fucking great! I think tracks 4 and 6 are the dark tracks and they both fucking rock!

There are NO bad tracks on this album.

Of course not everyone likes everything. The world would suck if that was so.

I'd like to here some other peoples opinions.

it's not more or less cheesy then all regular morning fullon that's been releasing at the moment...

if this is club trance then psytrance is dead and we are listening to straight club trance ;) ...

• 3 weeks later...

These ARE some of the Best Psytrance albums of 2004

*I haven't posted FREQ or X-Dream because I haven't heard those yet!

Ypsilon5 - Binary Sky - Yes! This album gets #1 for right now just because it has GOA written all over it. Well, not literally but.. This is the most GOA sounding, 2004 album I've heard all year, and its good, real good! This album reminds me of those lush waves of beautiful sounds and melodies from some of the earlier and final days of really good, great GOA music! If you liked Astral Projections earlier work in the mid-late 90's, RA - To Series, and this years very well done Electronic Universe album, I think it would be pretty difficult to not like this one! B+ / A

Space Monkey - Wow!!! This has many G-R-E-A-T, dark, catchy, full-on tracks! B+ / A

Four Carry Nuts - Mechanical Age - Dark, industrial, melodic, full-on (At most times) psy-trance at its best with several monster tracks. Lots of layers of sounds! (Track 1 and 7, just for starters) Can anyone say... ambitious? :)B+ / A

Talpa - Art of Being Non - Real amped-up, melodic psy-album, w/ IM influences. B+ / A

Electronic Universe - Cosmic Experiences - Very good, melodic release! B / A

Blue Vortex - Mirage - Some really good melodic, goa-ish tracks! B / A

Lemurians: Secret Message - Hell yes! Cool alien space psytrance! Phat production! Some super-cool, catchy songs! Good album! B / A

Psycraft - New Moves- (Very good release, dark and melodic, crazy and catchy!) B / A

Synsun: Symphonic adventure - One of the most melodic '04 albums! There are several very, VERY catchy songs which remind me of some of the goa-ish layers of melodies that seem to be so lacking or less epic in todays psytrance music. The second and last track especially I consider something very cool and special sounding. B / A

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth - Ahhh... yes. It's finally arrived. :) JR's first main album since their last album, Shango came out in 2000! Here's group that has always managed to juggle multiple types of electronic and non-electronic music, while just about always sounding totally catchy, involving tribal beats, drums, female voices, chants, etc. I like most of the tracks on this new album, although like most people, I've heard two of the nine tracks before on The Matrix sequels & soundtracks. The Mono Lisa Overdrive track on Labyrinth has more sound layers and actual, multiple female voices, as opposed to the version on the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack. I appreciate both versions for different reasons. This album starts off really well too. Although I've heard Nevras on the Matrix Revolutions soundtrack, it truly is one hell of a very cool, epic track! Also, the darker songs really compliment the lighter songs, such as the opening track; very peaceful, very calm... then bang! It begins! B / A

Bio-Tonic - Divina - Tracks 2, 6, 7, and the last one are really cool! Some track samples I agree may sound a bit cluby, but not much of it. Imagine a sexy female voice like Evanescense, but altered and without full chorsus, like the catchy, altered singing parts in Analog Pussy's 2004 release titled, Trance n' Roll, which had some good tracks. There are some VERY catchy melodies in Divina, at least I consider they are... and I LIKE catchy melodies! Track 2, 5, 6 and the last one is just really cool, something that slightly reminded me of what Juno Reactor did with the upbeat beautiful floating voices on the last track of their 1999 album, Shango. B- / A

Misted Muppet - From the Legend - Kickass melodies! Opening track is great; has IM influences. However, this album is nothing ground breaking, innovative, or truly great when you consider the fact that Infected Mushroom existed at least 6 years before. Nevertheless, fans of IM's style will really like Misted Muppet, while other fans find it lame for attempting to use someone else's revolutionary, and yes, at one point, incredible style. Regardless, this album has some very catchy, melodic tracks, but for the record, it is heavily influenced by Infected Mushroom. B- / A

Infected Mushroom's - IM the Supervisor Errr... where to begin. This DOES have some VERY GOOD tracks (TRACK 6 for example, and 2 & 3 I like very much) but its the weakest main album ever put out by Infected Mushroom to date!, and now I'm CONVINCED of that! This album is decent or fairly good at best I feel. When its good its great, but when its not, well... And I think the last track is very weak and disappointing, why did they end the 2004 album with such a weak, more clubby, generic track? Lastly, it seems that the sound takes less risks, thus to remain more generally appealing. There is greatness in this album, but the price of greatness comes with several surprisingly dissapointing tracks. C+ / A

Space Cat - Mechanical Dream - I personally found this dissapointing, but its actually a pretty good album. I think most, not all but many will appreciate his first and third album the best to date. There are some really good tracks here, however, this fourth album instantly sounds much more club-oriented than his other three main albums. Fortunately, its certainty club-friendly while certainly not club-trance. But there seems to be less risks in direction, style, and what he chose to do, rather what he didn't do this time around. C+ / A.

I have heard:

The Misted Muppet, Space Monkey, Four Carry Nuts, Electric Universe amazed me

I heard Talpa first track, singing cheesy, i don't have heard next tracks.

Bio Tonic and Infected Mushroom are crappy pop trance

I LIKE MIRACULIX AND TELLUS2

Dude, thats nice that you like those cds but guess what? Some people don't! Holy shit, it cant be true you have the best taste in music ever right? Wrong. You said why you liked the cds, they didnt like it, get over it. If you like it then it doesn't matter what other people think.

what s the fuck with biotonic ???

i remember really good album of tek trance pumpy...

god why they have done that :ph34r:

i have smell it at V/A before

they slide to the darkside of the full