Infected Mushroom : IM the supervisor

Ale

34 members have voted

1. 1. Infected Mushroom : IM the supervisor

• Buy
    • Don't buy

I like all 4 albums between 1999 and 2003, is this new worth buying or pop crap?

Since you like all 4 albums I can guarentee you'll like this one. Why ask everyone elses opinion when it's yours who matters most...

Listen to the samples at: Infected Mushroom - IM The Supervisor there are 4 minute samples of each song. I think within 4 minutes of hearing a song you'll know whether your liking it or not. Judge for yourself and forget others opinions...

If you want mine though... BUY IT!

Since you like all 4 albums I can guarentee you'll like this one.  Why ask everyone elses opinion when it's yours who matters most...

Listen to the samples at: Infected Mushroom - IM The Supervisor there are 4 minute samples of each song.  I think within 4 minutes of hearing a song you'll know whether your liking it or not.  Judge for yourself and forget others opinions...

If you want mine though... BUY IT!

199073[/snapback]

[SIZE=7]CHEESY

Each one who considers Mushrooms to be among the best artists with their previous albums has to buy this one. I`ll bet that most of you who feel disgust by now will understand it later.

i dont know...this is a bit off topic, nothing to do with the new album, but a friend of mine in europe just told me the other day that he saw an infected mushroom video clip on the equivalent of mtv???? is this true? im stuck over in asia so i have no way of confirming this...anyways my friend was saying how infected are a disgrace to psy trance, that theyve sold out, that they earn way too much money to even be respected as psy trance artists..

i on the other hand completely disagree...if a psy trance artist can make it on that level, and get that kind of exposure, then i'm gonna be right there to pat them on the back and congratulate them...finally some decent music on tv, some music with quality. personally id rather turn on the tv (not that i watch a lot of tv) and see an infected video than the same hip hop video with girls shaking their asses off...and come on, just cuz ure on tv doesnt mean uve sold out..not at all....this way infected have enough cash to keep doing what theyre doing, keep running infected studios, and keep helping upcoming artists with their production..

i dont know, im not infected's bigger fan, there's something almost too synthetic about their new music..it lacks a lot of feeling, but as far as production goes, these guys know their stuff better than most producers these days...

even if their new album isnt great (havent had a chance to listen to it) they deserve support and so i'll keep doing so as long as they keep dancefloors grooving all over the world..

and come on, who wouldnt want to be infected, with shows in a different country every couple nights??

sorry to go off on a rant..but yeah, just my two cents..

About MTV and IM: As much as I know, it is not uncommon that IM is played in the Isreali MTV. The Isrealy psytrance as Astrix and IM seems to be very hip there, but as much as I know not in the rest of Europe. I've never seen anything like IM on MTV. But I would really appriciate it to be hones. I mean I like their music and if something like this is on MTV it is ok for me.

And if they make a lot of money with it, so what?! I congratulate them and if I will also like their future releases, I'll buy them (and if I don't like them, of course I wont buy them). No matter if they are on MTV or not. It would be good for MTV to bring some new fresh styles. I mean anyone remember British MTV when they used to play all the new rave/dance tracks at the beginning of the 90ies? MTV used to be so cool then, underground stuff like the Shamen (who entered the charts after), Messiah, Altern8 and so on. Damn, those were the days... It could be the same with IM.

I don't think theres anything to congratulate if Im makes it to MTV because of cheesy psy. I would congratulate some dude at MTV if they actually choosed to plyay good psy on a shitty channel, not shitty psy on a shitty channel.

:/

I bought it, and I'm listening to it in loop. And I still can't figure out why people keep saying this is pop music ! :blink:

It's pure infected sound to my ears...

I'm wondering : is it all because of this clip story on Israel MTV ? Hey, a track is pop because it sounds pop, not because it appears on a pop channel, at least for me.

J.

personally i dont think psy trance will ever be pop, no matter how hard anyone tries...mm..perhapy it will be "pop"ular...but will never equal the pop crap on tv these days...wutevers, i respect infected for what they do, and as ive studied sound engineering and make music myself, ive got to say infected are the best....not that i like their music the best, they just have such high standards of production...if u want to compare their production values to mainstream hip hop, id say ok, because they spend a lot of time and money on what they do...im not saying this is better than other music, i mean i make music with practically nothing and i can still trip out on it, its just infected are perfectionists, and their precision is like none other ive ever heard, even if other kinds of music...id compare an infection production to old pink floyd, where every sound has its place and where quality is the foremost priority..

personally i think will all this production some of the "organic" feel is lost...and the music seems almost steel cold, but production wise i cant complain..

infected have a set a standard in psy trance and producers within the genre and within other styles of music will continue to listen to their music for production inspiration...that i guarantee...

How can you say their production is good when all their new tracks sounds dead, empty and plastic. Altho, that is only my oppinion. One that has very good production is Deedrah. Wooha his music really comes out alive.

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, Infected has really broken some serious boundaries in creativity and quality in their production. Seriously, I doubt there is another artist in any electronic genre that can get their sounds to come out so clean. Even really big mainstream electronic artists like crystal method, prodigy, or say chemical brothers can't touch IM in terms of production in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I would be willing to go as far as to say that I believe all IM albums to be among the best produced and engineered records to date. I think the reason I have such a strong opinion about this is because I have been producing and engineering recordings for many years in my studio out of my house, so it amazes me a little more from that perspective to hear such clean and punchy recordings, especially from a couple of guys doing this stuff out of a small setup like theirs.

Anyways, I think the new record rocks and highly suggest it to anyone who likes these guys. You won't be dissapointed.