TALPA - " The Art Of Being None" RELEASED!

Psychosis

Infected Mushroom

Misted Muppets

both had great albums (though some would disagree about IM)...

BUT

Talpa has beat them out 100% ... by far the BEST album of this year. I have been waiting so damn long for this to get released it's not even funny.

Samples are at saiko sounds!!!

Those samples sound amazing!!!! I'll immediately buy this album...

And btw, I also like the new IM album. So seems we have the same taste... :)

Guest djnemo

Just listened now, I didnt know that there are more groups out there having the EXACT same sound as IM, the exact same technique and everything, are you sure these guys are not IM in disguise? They have to come from Israel atleast! Sorry, but this is nothing special, nothing original, and as for the production, they stole the technique.

@djnemo: Well, I disagree with you, but hey oppinions differ and that's cool ;) To answer your question, Talpa is one guy from Serbia... And it's true there's been a lot of talk about the Talpa/IM resemblance... but I think everyone should listen to the full album before making such harsh statements.

Anyway... most of the tracks on this album were made in 2002 and a few in 2003... since then his style has changed considerably! But it will all be heard in time...

Guest djnemo

@djnemo: Well, I disagree with you, but hey oppinions differ and that's cool ;) To answer your question, Talpa is one guy from Serbia... And it's true there's been a lot of talk about the Talpa/IM resemblance... but I think everyone should listen to the full album before making such harsh statements.

Anyway... most of the tracks on this album were made in 2002 and a few in 2003... since then his style has changed considerably! But it will all be heard in time...

199104[/snapback]

Sorry, but I did listen to the whole album. Engineering on this album is superb, do not get me wrong here. And like you say, there has been a lot of talk about the resemblance! hehe, i cant help that I dont like when I hear something that is too similar to something else. Besides that, I dont like IM either. But if you look in other posts that I have made, then I also say that this is about my PERSONAL taste, and not because IM are bad musicians, because i DO think that they are kickass producers. These guys too, but there is no originality over it, not for the creative part :(

@djnemo : Why is so important for everyone to sound different ? You, as a dj should know that if more artists use same sounds and effects in songs it would be great for mixing. With what you'd mix IM any ways if you don't have occassional similar artists ? Look how many artists use same sounds and effects and bass line in full on and a lot of people adore it. I don't mind if someone is using the same sounds as someone, I mind if the strucutures are same or melodies. So, I understand your PERSONAL taste but in your opinion I smelled cynicism rather than taste...Cheers

@djnemo :  Why is so important for everyone to sound different ? You, as a dj should know that if more artists use same sounds and effects in songs it would be great for mixing. With what you'd mix IM any ways if you don't have occassional similar artists ? Look how many artists use same sounds and effects and bass line in full on and a lot of people adore it. I don't mind if someone is using the same sounds as someone, I mind if the strucutures are same or melodies. So, I understand your PERSONAL taste but in your opinion I smelled cynicism rather than taste...Cheers

199109[/snapback]

Quite right mate :)

And yes, the samples sound really cool!

Of course it is all about personal taste. But I think it is a good thing when there are new albums that sound a bit like old IM. Even if the style is the same, I think that these albums still sound original and different enough. And I also prefere artists and albums in the old IM style than those GMS clones. I mean it seems to be a little trend to make IM like music, but there are still not that much releases in that style. It could even be more for me... :)

at psyshop it sounds very cool... but it always does on psyshop :D ... they know which part to put on line to sel there releases so I will hold on to hear the full release and then give an opinion...

still I've got no problem with goa artist who uses IM style...it's nothing new but I like it and I think lot's of people do... so why not give it a try... If 'not being original' is a reason to critizize new releases then I think a lot of fullon artist have a big problem these days... :P

Peace...

Okay I have listened to Talpa on psyshop, and the verdict is...

This album, like Misted Muppets, ROCKS!!!

Are there IM influences? YES, but it has taken those influences and modified it into some very, VERY intricate, melodic, CATCHY songs that have their own direction and unexpected sounds and rhythm!

Is it the best album of 2004? Ya know what? Fuck the sun and the moon. Who really knows. I like this album and I'm usually the critical asshole with the asshole. Sometimes people even call me an asshole, but so what?! At least I look good as one. Oh, and although this Talpa release (I think its only realistic to agree) is NOTHING GROUND BREAKING, and it is INSPIRED from IM like Misted Muppets, (Cut-off strings, some sounds, random melodic stuff, etc...) I like this album. If you like it, great.

If you don't, great. But it is a cool release with some VERY kickass, wild, amped-up, melodic layered tracks. :ph34r:

...Can't wait for X-Dream and Dark Soho's new releases this year! :rolleyes:

Hehe :) Im not cynic, and I will not try and defend this, because I will probably just end up getting flamed :) Anyways, I respect that yall like it. Meanwhile I am going back to bed again, since I have had a MAD night out listening to live Flamenco music, and it was aaaaaaaall improvised :)