1. KINDERLIED PT.1

2. KINDERLIED PT.2

3. HYPERMETRICAL

4. DELIBERATION

5. TURN AROUND

6. SYNCHRONISM

7. THE ORANGE THEME RMX

8. INDAKASA

Here is the first album by well known german trance producer A.C. Bousten aka Cygnus X.

He released famous singles The Orange Theme and Superstring which were his biggest hits.

He released this album back in 95 and beside one average song others are pretty amazing.

He started the album with pretty weird KINDERLIED, which means child's lullaby. On the contrary of the name, song is pretty fast and wild and pretty good. It has two parts with almost unhearable transition between them.

HYPERMETRICAL goes to another realms, more drummed and tribal and it is pretty good too. Then comes one of the best on album, psychedelic piece DELIBERATION which is one of the biggest hits from the album, also wild, and pretty hard, it almost sopunds like psychedelic trance. it is very energetic and concrete.

TURN AROUND is the most melodic one on album and somehow I like it most, it is perfect. It has hypnotic melody that slides and goes and goes, entrancing you more and more.

SYNCHRONISM is pretty good one, he also mad eit slightly psychedelic but it could have been done better actually.

THE ORANGE THEME RMX is almost as good as original, slightly more progressed and longer, third best on album with the same melody there but stretched pretty much.

INDAKASA finishes the album as the only one ambient, it is pretty good too and a bit funky.

All in all, this is good album, but he could have done it slightly better as a matter of fact.

He could have made more songs like SUPERSTRING which was mindblowing piece of artistic trance music...8/10

In thruth a great album, some however would call it cheesy. Its just one of those albums you either love or hate.

I had my copy stolen 7 years ago and just reaquired it this year, my first reaction when putting it on after all that time was that it still sounded, I dont know, fresh in a way. Very clear sound for an album that old.

Favorites: Turn Around, Hypermetrical.

Oh and one other thing, the artwork of the cover is great.

-Peace

Awesome oldie. The orange theme is such a classic acid trance. The sharp, arpegiated acid lines are laid out in a imperceptably smooth-progressing, soft melody. It demonstates the term "trance." Gee, this is such a snooty description. It's so good that it makes me type silly-sounding thing like this.

Yes, it is, the main melody is melody by Purcel that was made much before film but was used in the film. I think that title of Purcel composition was Funeral For Queen Mary...

Matthias Hoffmann (aka A.C. Boutsen) very long time worked with Sven Vaeth from Organisation For Fun (O.F.F.) project.

Matthias programmed second OFF LP named "Ask Yourself" ('89 BMG Ariola):

http://www.discogs.com/release/67872

199058[/snapback]

Hey Klaxer, dont forget Mosaic. :)

It is a sideproject from 1989 and by Sven Vaeth, A.C. Boutsen and Stevie Be-Zet (later B-Zet). Vocals was by Zion or Zyon (it is the same one). ;)

A.C. Boutsen self, got a Side-Project, called "Brainchild" and he released with Sven Vaeth, on Harhouse, Metal Master - Spectrum.

He wrote and produced, the first Odysee of Noise single "Wake Up", the last Odyssee of Noises single "The last Caprioles", Vernon and Zyon with Ralf Hildenbeuten and Stevie Be-Zet. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Klaxer, dont forget Mosaic. :)

It is a sideproject from 1989 and by Sven Vaeth, A.C. Boutsen and Stevie Be-Zet (later B-Zet). Vocals was by Zion or Zyon (it is the same one). ;)

A.C. Boutsen self, got a  Side-Project, called "Brainchild" and he released with Sven Vaeth, on Harhouse, Metal Master - Spectrum.

He wrote and produced, the first Odysee of Noise single "Wake Up", the last Odyssee of Noises single "The last Caprioles", Vernon and Zyon with Ralf Hildenbeuten and Stevie Be-Zet. :D

199062[/snapback]

Of course i knew about it.... :P:D:lol:

No. :)

It's Klaus Munzert aka Silicon Dream - he is influenced on Sven's early tracks

(for example bassline in Electrica Salsa track (O.F.F.) was taken from Marcello the Mastroianni track by Silicon Dream.

He is a legendary sampler-man.

He is connected around himself some various collectives like as

Bomb the Bass, M.A.R.R.S., O.F.F., Hithouse, OK and very others...

Silicon Dream DJ's still alive. =))))

... He is connected around himself some various collectives like as

Bomb the Bass, M.A.R.R.S., O.F.F.,  Hithouse, OK and very others...

200837[/snapback]

That would qualify him as a geezer. ;-)

Long live the acid house...

• 6 months later...
Guest Kai-Q

No. :)

It's Klaus Munzert aka Silicon Dream - he is influenced on Sven's early tracks

(for example bassline in Electrica Salsa track (O.F.F.) was taken from Marcello the Mastroianni track by Silicon Dream.

He is a legendary sampler-man.

He is connected around himself some various collectives like as

Bomb the Bass, M.A.R.R.S., O.F.F.,  Hithouse, OK and very others...

200837[/snapback]

A little correction:

for example bassline in Electrica Salsa track (O.F.F.) was taken for Marcello the Mastroianni track by Silicon Dream.

Off - Electrica Salsa released 1986

Silicon Dream - Marcello the Mastroianni released 1987