Reason, how far can it get you?

You should not try that. Its as far as I know, pretty impossible to make a decent 303 sound on those synths. You can rewire it to ReBirth though, thats as close as you would get with what you want (to do it with Reason I mean).

201834[/snapback]

i dont agree , you cant get the original acid sound , but there´s so much 303 sounds out there that only your imagination is the limit , subtractor can simulate a 303 very well.

and here´s a teaser from my latest project fully composed on Reason , but still much work to do with it ...

Style? Goa-Trance of course :)

Poseidon - Poseidon (Teaser)

i dont agree , you cant get the original acid sound , but there´s so much 303 sounds out there that only your imagination is the limit , subtractor can simulate a 303 very well.

and here´s a teaser from my latest project fully composed on Reason , but still much work to do with it ...

Style? Goa-Trance of course :)

Poseidon - Poseidon (Teaser)

204630[/snapback]

Im sorry, but as a proud EX owner of a TB 303, I must say that there is only ONE thing that can really almost sound like the original, and that is ReBirth. I have made the Subtractor sound very similar, but not as warm or screamy as ReBirth.

There are so many clones (Hardware), but none of them sound as good as ReBirth either. Even people from Roland were astonished when this piece of software came out.

My dream is that they integrate it in Reason, that would be the BOMB. Or if they made a standalone VSTi of it for Cubase.

Im sorry, but as a proud EX owner of a TB 303, I must say that there is only ONE thing that can really almost sound like the original, and that is ReBirth. I have made the Subtractor sound very similar, but not as warm or screamy as ReBirth.

There are so many clones (Hardware), but none of them sound as good as ReBirth either. Even people from Roland were astonished when this piece of software came out.

My dream is that they integrate it in Reason, that would be the BOMB. Or if they made a standalone VSTi of it for Cubase.

204695[/snapback]

yes i agree on the 303 rebirth , they are amazing! ;)

How would one go about creating the 303 sound in Reason?

201830[/snapback]

you can actually get a big refill of TB 303 samples in all sorts of forms. its on the propellerhead webpage if you own your copy of reason. if not i have a copy. good for the classic distorted acid sound.

what most of us are doing here is trying to produce hq music with algorithms

and programs. the truth is that is very painful to reach pro sounds created inside studios with expensive synth just using a fast pc. i'm using FL Studio n i have the same problem feeling very limited.However i believe that in today's trance music

inspiration is more important than the studio u use.C YA! :)

you can actually get a big refill of TB 303 samples in all sorts of forms. its on the propellerhead webpage if you own your copy of reason. if not i have a copy.  good for the classic distorted acid sound.

205503[/snapback]

what about stop beeing lazy and tweak some rebirth? :P:)

I've been using Reason for about 5 years now. I've made a lot of music in it, but the plastic sound of it allways annoyed me. I've tried Fruity Loops, and I don't know how the new version is, but the old thing was more a toy than a music program. I've tried Logic pro, but that just feels too cold and hard, and way too complex. Music should be fun! I've tried Arturia Storm, Buzz, that E-jay crap, all not what I wanted. But then... there was Ableton!!!

--== Ableton Live 4.4 ==--

Build for performing live, it is the best sequencer I have seen since Scream Tracker. I could write down a huge list of all the wonderfull features this program offers, but it's late and I got other things on my mind. But just check out some of the movies on the Ableton website and you'll see. This is the ultimate music program.

Hey NEMO,

what are your experiences with that minikorg you have?? I consider to buy it....

what are the advantages and disadvantages on this little one?

206862[/snapback]

That post was about what The Prodigy used on their new album. I tested the Micro Korg for a while, and I was not so convinced by it. Thats why I bought a Virus C and not The korg and some Drum Machines. :)

I love the possibilities that the Virus is giving you, and now with the TI it will be even finer I think hehe :)

I've been making music for quite some time, been playing regular live sets, even a set in surround sound, all with music done in reason...

reason is an amazing piece of software, but somehow i find the only way to get a big "fat" sound. and not the dead, flat sound that reason produces by default, is to export the individual tracks to digital performer or protools and then do the final mixdown in one of those software programs..

i was just wondering if any of you reason users have experienced similar problems and if u know of any professional psy trance produced with reason..i know a lot of people use vst's, but ive experimented enough with the subtractor and malstrom that i can get all the sounds i currently need out of them...i know people like gms and infected use a whole studio full of outboard gear, but other artists like yahel have actually downsized to smaller studios using a program like cubase and other plugins are their main music making source...however...im sure that other, less well known artists who dont have as much financial support have to rely on computers...im just wondering if reason is ever an option for them..

dont get me wrong, but ive heard lots of bad ass music made with reason, hip hop, trip hop, all kinds of stuff..even my own music sounds alright..im just scared that if i stick with reason my music will never go anywhere...has anyone felt the same way or does anyone have any advice??

thanks a lot,

abn

198289[/snapback]

heyaaaaaa!

well reason cool program i use it for a wahil the sound was nice and soft but i dont think that reason is proffesional because you cant controll all the paramaters i mean in the mastering proses this is not the real thing like in cobase...

well im using reason in rewaire moad with cubase

the bigest problem of reason is that its not suport vst

by the way the latest album of prodigy was made with reason 2.5 ( as i heard) :)

for bigginers reason is perffect but im sure after you'll learn reason and see what cubase can do you will say

"way ! way ! way ! i spant all my money and my time on this softwar!"

lol

for real reason is simple softwar for music producion B)

Future Music, best and most reliable resource on the planet for electronic music. :)

198408[/snapback]

surely you jest??? More like the most informative catalogue? SOS all the way.

Ever notice how Future Music will more often than not review things 2 months in advance of SOS? cos they flatter rather than present an even handed review, at least in terms of the degree to which SOS constantly achieve this.

FM are deeply in the pockets of their advertisers, hence the perks of first dibs on new product reviews.

Ever notice how Future Music will more often than not review things 2 months in advance of SOS? cos they flatter rather than present an even handed review, at least in terms of the degree to which SOS constantly achieve this.

FM are deeply in the pockets of their advertisers, hence the perks of first dibs on new product reviews.

207123[/snapback]

I will take back my statement and say. FM, ONE of the best resources out there, SOS and CM are also very much the best all a long ;)

I dont want a discussion about this, and I am going to be very political and say, for me they are equal, and I love them both, but diffrently :)

207123[/snapback]

By the way, I was VERY disapointed with the Virus TI review from SOS, it didnt tell me ANYTHING what I didnt already know about it from the web :(

My 2 cents:

Reason is made by Propellerheads.

Steinberg bought Propellerheads.

Steinberg wants you to buy Cubase.

Hence no VST support for Reason.

Lame, but it's all about the money :angry: