Full ON vs Full OFF

Guest djnemo

Which of them you like most?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which of them you like most?

• Full ON (IM, Astrix, GMS etc)
    • Tech-Trance (Son Kite, Ticon, Krueger & Coyle, Atmos etc)
    • Tech-Trance (Delta, X-Dream and so on)
    • My Genre is not in any of the above.
    • Tiesto ;)

Well, just wanted to know what people in General are listening to. After reading "what artist do you hate that most people love" it just caught my attention and got curious.

I of course respect anyones point of view, and I understand that people have diffrent taste in music....

btw, there was some time ago a thread entitled something like: full on vs progressive

and the vote thing.. there are 2 tech trance categories... and imo, krueger and coyle, ticon etc are not tech trance... maybe housy prog trance, or whatever...

anyway.. full on is too noisy for me...

I like groovy progressive like Krueger&Coyle, buzzmonx etc, or some more powerful atmospheric prog like freq, etc... some prog/tribal house too...

and lately I´ve been listening a lot to chill out stuff too, like abakus, ott, etc..

I did choose Full On though I'm not (only) into the cheesy side of Full On.

My favourite producers are Eskimo/Quadra/Suria/Electric Universe/Space Buddha at the moment I guess and I like more and more.. Oldschool goa is great too.

Progressive is too boring and too minimal for me, though like in every other genre, I do like some of the songs :)

And there are guys here who disgust the Full On Israel 'cheese' (not me :)) but love the dark/horror kinda psy.. so the options were a bit narrow.

I also find options a bit narrow. I like practically all of the trance genres but there are ones I prefer than the rest : GOA TRANCE, PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE, Old FULL ON ( Passenger, Xerox & Freeman, Pigs In Space, etc ), but I do like lot of things from PROGRESSIVE and New FULL ON.

Obviously old-school goa-trance beats anything else hands down... From these categories I like maybe full on the least, although the first albums from those artists (im, astrix) were great/good. Tech-trance can be super boring too though, most of new music is, no matter which category really.

I like all the gernes of trance, some i like more and some i like less (that's obvious)

but i think nowadays there r too many gernes and sometimes i have problems to classify to which gerne a track belongs to...

i say: stop classifying tracks, start to listen to them and have a good time :)

IN TRANCE WE TRUST.....

This is what I am after! Because everyone seems to have a diffrent name for the same thing. Just as an Example, some people would call The Delta techtrance, but some would call it straight Psytrance, or even Progressive Psy. For me Ticon or Son Kite are totally diffrent from Krueger and Coyle, but yet they seem to be the same genre for many people.

Well, there are too many subgenres in this genre to actually do a full poll, or even an acurate poll. Maybe we should start with making a poll for each artist, what kind of genre it is hehe... that way maybe confusion could have been cleared. Sorry for not putting old school goa in there, but I thought everyone on here would love this anyways. I love it because I started with that, and I will always love it more than anything that came after that. Well, enough said :) Nice that you guys reacted the way I expected :)

yeah and what about downtempo/IDM/Ambient psy?

198221[/snapback]

My genre is not in the above. Sorry, I wanted to know what people like on the dancefloor. I use mainly ambient and downtempo to move slowly or not at all and chill to, sorry for my ignorance.

I voted for the Full On genre, but that doesn't mean that Astrix or IM are my favourite Artists (but I do like some of their stuff). But there is also a bit more creative Full On stuff available if you look close enough. And of course I like the old-school Goa!! And Tiesto sound. Well, basically everything with moving melodies.

I voted for the Full On genre, but that doesn't mean that Astrix or IM are my favourite Artists (but I do like some of their stuff). But there is also a bit more creative Full On stuff available if you look close enough. And of course I like the old-school Goa!! And Tiesto sound. Well, basically everything with moving melodies.

198253[/snapback]

Exactly!!! I don't think that Astrix or GMS are the great side of full on. They are actually the shit side. There is great full on out there. Creative, melodic and not cheesy at all.

i dont really like the full-on chaos psytrance, but i went to a party this weekend in london, and they finished off with ESKIMO - LET IT ALL OUT. this tune is stupidly fast (155bpm) yet the place was heaving. people were going mental. i must say its a very good full-on, bleeding-from-the-eyes, insane tune. 50k did it justice.

my favorite style would be something along the lines of silicon sound, uplifting, high energy, happy morning trance. but i do love it when they occationally bring out the nasty stuff, like eskimo or cpu.

I F**ked up, I agree! :( Well, atleast we had some discussion going on about what genres really are, and I think that we all can agree that we have diffrent perception on what we like, but call the same, no?

Anyways, yeah, it was kind of narrow, but I figured out that I cant mention every artist to every genre listed in the poll. Many many thanks for all the comments and thoughts about this though.

I will now go home and enjoy another 3 hours of work from there :(

Laters.