set....

ouroboros

Hi there

Is it possible to have a list of the tracks in the set?

For some obscure reason it bugs me to listen to set/mixes at home without being able to identify all the tracks.

Peace

198195[/snapback]

I would also like a setlist, or atleast to know what the first track is? it's great, i don't know how to describe it but i like that kind of a kick and bassline, somehow more.. deep than an badass fullon kick.

I don't know technically anything about mixing so i wont comment on that, but i liked the overall feeling in the mix much, the beats and bassline were nice and fitted good with other tracks from what i experienced after a pretty fast listening through it..

Hi! IMO, the beatmatch needs work and the mixes are too small. Cheers.

198149[/snapback]

hhmm.....

well ok, i do need to work on beat matching, but i dont understand what you mean by "the mixes are too small"

do you mean the amount of time the tracks overlap?

if so, well thats something i kinda do on purpose. i try to get as much of each track in by itself as i can. the reason is that i feel the artists make intros and outros for thier tracks and probably want the listener to hear them, so i try to get as much of the song to play by itself as i can.

basicaly, my goal is not to make the track change unnotacable, but rather make it noticable and smooth at the same time. no one stops dancing because they hear the track change, unless its a train wreck.

track list:

track - artist

polaris - organic noise

a situation - opsis

nova - vibra

collaboration - penta

running time -plastyk elephant

1000 tabs - mr peculiar

balojax (rinkadink rmx) - deviant species

sorcery - nomad

die nagmerrie - twisted system

matheminimal - pixel vs. intelbeam

spray - altom

if so, well thats something i kinda do on purpose. i try to get as much of each track in by itself as i can. the reason is that i feel the artists make intros and outros for thier tracks and probably want the listener to hear them, so i try to get as much of the song to play by itself as i can.

I do the opposite, I mix as long as I can on purpose. Fuck the artists (I do respect them offcourse ;) ) If I want to hear the music as the artists want us tho hear I go to his/her liveshow or listen to his/her cd. But when I go to see a dj I want to hear the dj's interpretation of the artist's music. My goal (with 2 cdj's) is to mix the tracks in that way that when track 1 is finished the midlle part (usually the best/most intense part) starts. But that just personal taste.