Artists you dislike but most people love!

Ormion

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow some one that openly say he don't like posfords music!

I never was a fan of his stuff either.

I remember seeing him live in london sometime 95, and I though it was really boring, but most people was so excited about his stuff...

198060[/snapback]

I love this topic! Anyways, I like Some of Simon P's early stuff, but hes not my cuppa either. But I have to admit to I do love Shpongle, that stuff is just so cool. Very well produced, very well thought through. He sure knows how to master his stuff.

X-Dream kind of was good in the beginning, but then drifted into some kind of boring blurry techy trance that I could not play out.

Etnica was good, I mean I love the first album, but everything after that didnt impress me much (Dont get me wrong here, I dont mean that they are making crap music, because the production is very nice, its just not what I like in this genre of psy)

IM and AP are just plain boring, and everyong else seems to be copying GMS a lot these days. I like some of the Full On stuff, but I am getting more and more into techy-trance with nice basslines, housy beats and cool tweaked melodies. Ticon, Son Kite, Krueger and Coyle, Dj Nukem... those kind of artists really apeal more to me for their will to create a new sound.

The scene seems to have stood still for a while...

Well, just my 5 pence (I could write more, but I am working at the moment, and the calls keep coming)

>>> Flaming begins here <<<

Infected Mushroom. Theirs sound like they were all done with software synths and software effects. Very tinny sound. The melody is also very conventional - nothing wrong with that, except I look for different types of melodies/keys for goa/psy music. The jazz/classic infusion was fresh for a while, but after all this is psy, not pop jazz, right :-)

Well, from the beginning i must say all you people are WRONG, i mean X-Dream is one of the best bands in the psytrance genre (so does : Midi Miliz, The Delta, and side-projects) and are the few bands that still have love for the psytrance scene, now speaking of commercial psy bands i really hate i should list them as this :

-GMS

-Skazi

-Alien Project

-Infected Mushroom (from 2003 to date)

-Astrix

-Penta

-Eskimo

-Alien Project

-All the new artists / projects from 2004

My favourite bands still are : X-Dream, MidiMiliz, The Delta, Xenomorph, Juno Reactor, these are REAL psytrance bands that still make GOOD music, c'mon people open your eyes! Maybe you'll never realise the quality a band like XDream has, by the way i can't wait for the new X-Dream album : We Inteface that is going to be released in October this year and of course is in my buy list.

Well, from the beginning i must say all you people are WRONG, i mean X-Dream is one of the best bands in the psytrance genre (so does : Midi Miliz, The Delta, and side-projects) and are the few bands that still have love for the psytrance scene, now speaking of commercial psy bands i really hate i should list them as this :

-GMS

-Skazi

-Alien Project

-Astrix

-Penta

-Eskimo

-Alien Project

My favourite bands still are : X-Dream, MidiMiliz, The Delta, Xenomorph, Juno Reactor, these are REAL psytrance bands that still make GOOD music, c'mon people open your eyes! Maybe you'll never realise the quality a band like XDream has, by the way i can't wait for the new X-Dream album : We Inteface that is going to be released in October this year and of course is in my buy list.

-GMS

-Skazi

-Alien Project

-Astrix

-Penta

-Eskimo

-Alien Project

198233[/snapback]

I agree with you to a point of view, but you can't decide which genre is great and which aren't. psy structure pls don't take this the wrong way, but music is a individual taste, some people like onekind of music and other people like other kind of music etc.

Take care now, bye bye then..

I agree with you to a point of view, but you can't decide which genre is great and which aren't. psy structure pls don't take this the wrong way, but music is a individual taste, some people like onekind of music and other people like other kind of music etc.

Take care now, bye bye then..

198238[/snapback]

Exactly my kind of thinking, it's all about taste...

@psystructure:

I understand what you mean, but don't you mean it's a bit arrogant to say ALL the bands and project from 2004? For me there was a lot of good stuff released this year. And I doubt that you heard every single comp or album that came out so far.

And to get back to the topic, here some stuff I can't get into:

Saikopod

X-Dream

Planet Ben (the Trippy Future Garden Album didn't touch me at all, maybe I should give it another try)

new Etnica stuff

all the Midi Miliz, Spies, Delta and so on stuff

And to get back to the topic, here some stuff I can't get into:

Saikopod

X-Dream

Planet Ben (the Trippy Future Garden Album didn't touch me at all, maybe I should give it another try)

new Etnica stuff

all the Midi Miliz, Spies, Delta and so on stuff

198251[/snapback]

Hey Tatsu, if you didn't like PLANET BEN - TRIPPY FUTURE GARDEN maybe we can arrange some trade or selling. ;) I long for that album ! Been looking for it for ages. I find it extremely TRIPPY !. Hope to hear any response from you soon... :lol:

- Etnica (Some nice tunes... rest soo boring)

- Pleiadians (See: Etnica)

- Hallucinogen (Some killer songs, the rest is really overrated, though i'm

interested in his new stuff)

- Sandman (Not my cup a tea)

- Son Kite (and other dull progressive stuff)

What does bother me here is that almost noone seems to like the Full On that's around nowadays?.. there is plenty of full on which isn't cheesy Israeli and has great melodies too :)

@ seraph:

I have to listen to the Planet BEN album again, I can't exactly remember how it sounds. I just can remember that I wasn't that impressed when listening to it the last time. But I guess I won't sell it anyway for the collection worth of it... Otherwise I'll contact you.

• 2 weeks later...

Another band I don't dig is S-Range. I bought their album 2001 when it came out and was really disappionet. Some days ago I've listened to it again and i have to say, that I still don't like it.

Cosma ..the most overrated artist in the whole fucking scene

GMS ..don't like their early, mid or new stuff

X-Dream ..don't like them at all, however their live was brilliant @ transit so I'm sort of looking forward to the new album

Psycraft ..the latest album sounds like copy & paste old shit to me

Sub6 ..boooooooring

by the way the topic was "artists you dislike but most people love"

no one likes Infected Mushroom these days, it's like a trend to dislike them or something.. anyways I like em :)

and you can't go wrong with buying a twisted records release :)

mmm...lets see..

like a lot of u, i fully agree that etnica has gone down hill, the last time i tried listening to their more recent stuff i almost fell asleep..good production but the music didnt lead my mind anywhere...

wut else wut else..i really dug the first 1200 micrograms album (i know most of u disagree), but it wasnt so much the tracks, but the quality that impressed me..but the second album was shiat..

so yeah, bye bye 1200 for me..

infected is another band who i respect for their quality but ive never been able to get into their music..

logic bomb, alien project...

i could go on and on, but seriously, i respect all these people as musicians so i dont want to bash anyone too much, i just don't like their style..

• 3 weeks later...

The artists I was thinking about when I saw the topic have already been mentioned and I am glad to see, that there are other's sharing the same view.

:mellow: Hallucinogen, Spongle, GMS, Skazi, Astrix, Eskimo, IM, AP, X-Dream, Kindzaza, SonKite, are all overrated imo.

Some artists that I really can't get into their music or their music doesn't work for me are:

- Atmos

- Infected Mushroom today (comparing to their old classic albums, their music today is really funny)

- Most of Skazi stuff (this man obviuosly wants to turn psy trance into heavy metal music or something)

- GMS today (they really got into hyper-production)

- X Dream last album (I don't like all that electro stuff)

- Wizzy Noise (I like some of their stuff from last album, but mostly I don't know why people like them so much... They also have that "electro sound")

- 1200 Mics (trying to make psy trance a commercial music that could be played on MTV or so.... NOT GOOD!)