Artists you dislike but most people love!

Ormion

Bluetech is the one that stands out the most for me at present.

I've tried a few times to give it a chance but it hasn't clicked yet.

I'll still probably purchase the first 2 albums in the near future and play them every now and again and see if anything changes in my mind.

It's great to keep one's perspective fairly open. If I don't enjoy something right away it's fun to try and listen to it in a different way on the next play, or at another time of day, or focusing on different elements of the track/album to hopefully hear what the artist is trying to say.

Jon

Received Elementary/Materia about 2 weeks ago. Listened to Elementary Particles for the first time properly 2 days ago and it's fucking lovely. Balanced smooth flow and nicely varied. In fact it got half way through a second listen without me even noticing, I just let it keep going again. :drama:

Not listened to Prima Materia yet but just ordered Sines today! Almost purchased Divine Invasion as well but I'm doing my best to curb insane spending.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rreally-? I feel quit the opisate about Shulman, while I absolutely love and adore his two first albums, I found the follow-up 'Random Thoughts' to be utter beh. I fell so out of love with it that I didn't even bother to check out his newest contribution, 'Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart'. Maybe my loss, maybe that one would be more to my liking since the 'Random Thoughts' album wasnt a pure concept album like the first two. Again, the first two albums; 'Soundscapes And Modern Tales' and 'In Search Of A Meaningful Moment' wubbed me hugetime:)

I'd recommend Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart, it's really where Shulman came alive IMO :DReview

I'd put X-Dream as well. Hugely overrated. Thought their latest 12" is da bomb.

Most of the Full-on nowadays makes me wonder whether i'm in the right scene. Most of the Israeli output is same tune over again. Alien Project, Dynamic, and pretty much everything that is being released on Tip. World and Spun.

All the tech-trance mafia is overrated, and that includes: MidiMiliz, Delta and stuff like that. They were cool some years back ago but now it's just noise.

And Tristan also. Nothing personal but i can't find a tune by him that i actually like.

Wow, I had no taste in music back then :unsure:

What about artists we like but most people dislike?

I like Shakta's music, even tho most people don't seem to like his stuff - at least that's the impression I got. But I find his music cool. Particulary the newer stuff like Feed the flame, because that was one of the first albums I heard of him. Maybe it's not exactly psy, but it's psylicious to me. Hehe.

What about artists we like but most people dislike?

I like Shakta's music, even tho most people don't seem to like his stuff - at least that's the impression I got. But I find his music cool. Particulary the newer stuff like Feed the flame, because that was one of the first albums I heard of him. Maybe it's not exactly psy, but it's psylicious to me. Hehe.

I like Shakta :) Silicon Trip is also an excellent album!

And of course, the Deedrah remix of Lepton Head will always remain one of my favourites. The original - not so much.

Anyway, I have nothing to contribute with to the topic. Perhaps.. Skazi? But who likes him anyway.. :P

Everybody likes old Shakta, what are you talking about? :unsure:

Except his latest albums, which suck of course.

Logic Bomb's first two albums. They have way too many cheesy vocal samples.

OTT. He has superb production values but most of his music is too dubby for me.

jiva, try Shower of Sparks, Queen of All Everything and Smoked Glass and Chrome.

I still haven't gotten into Bluetech or Shulman - their stuff is OK, but I think there's better around. Perhaps I should give them more of a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

for me the top ones i dont like that most people do are:

infected mushroom

hallucinogen

astral projection

can i get some wine with that cheese?

I do like wine and cheese! I like those artists, but they are cheesy. My main gripe with Hallucinogen is that most others don't see the cheese fest there.... :ph34r:

• 5 months later...

Safi Connection

G.M.S. - possibly even more than Skazi.

Sesto Sento - They simply piss me off.

Nomad

Polaris

Dino Psaras - I seriously fail to see it, hear it, etc. To me, the most overrated name in the psytrance catalog. Needless to say what I think of Krome Angels.

G.M.S. - possibly even more than Skazi.

absolutely. once i hear one of their tracks for the fifth time, i'm bored with it. i've never heard music with less replay value. and their liveact was even more commercial and much cheesier than astrix.