Artists you dislike but most people love!

Ormion

Shpongle are gods, and the ones of you who don't agree are crazy.  :P Nothing compares to them!

201629[/snapback]

your word come at the good moment for me, i didn't like and still don't like shpongle today ... maybe another listening ? i have to retry but i don't remember as a deep ambiant as i love usually ... boom :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinity Project. Their Mystical experiences is a bit TOO old, as is Feeling Weird. I can still listen to both, but I much rather replace them with Astral, Shpongle, Hallucinogen and even 1200 mics... :unsure:

• 4 years later...

Ticon, Shiva Chandra, some Vibrasphere but not all, the downtempo tracks can be really good.

But overall I think it's pretty boring music.

And Astral Projection.

.......No, just kidding, they rock(ed) not anymore now though, same with Infected, I can't believe what utterly shit they are producing now, it's unbelievable, it's their lives ofcoarse, but in my eyes they betrayed themselves.

It's pathetic, but I guess they chose to make a living out of the shit they are producing now, the corporate whores.

MFG

Never quite did it for me to be honest.

MFG has some good stuff that's true, but like Prana, most of the tracks irritate me quite a bit for some reason.

Funny things is, I was never that much of a MFG fan myself, but nevertheless, I'm going to their gig tonight. There is something about their sound that makes me reluctant to put on their albums. Truth be said, I can give "Project genesis" an occasional spin, but their debut and sophmore albums don't please my senses. I don't know, I don't find their tracks memorable...

Some other projects which seem to be generally loved, but mainly avoided by my CD player are:

Prometheus

S.U.N. Project

Shiva Chandra

Electric Universe

Infected Mushroom

Shiva Shidapu and every other possible, imaginable, known and unknown alias of theirs.

I really wouldn't appreciate if somebody misinterpreted my intention here, and started a hatred war. This is merely an interesting glance at some artists which have through time gained a certain status and/or cult following, but never quite captured my attention as much as I maybe expected.

Bluetech ...

sort of understandible, but one day I think you will change your mind. Or maybe you already see his music for what it is but you don't really connect to his feelings.

I dislike .. um.. uhm... that everyone seems to love

hmm..

Younger Brother - Flock of Bleeps

um

• 2 weeks later...

Shpongle ; I just don't get them for me they don't work on any level I just find their music too noodley and just pretentious. Bluetech; someone said earlier in this thread that they had never heard a track by Tristan they'd ever liked I feel the same about Bluetech his music just doesn't inspire me to anything else but to take out the cd. Tripswitch aswell I just get the feeling I've heard all his tracks done better elsewhere.

Astral Projection

Infected Mushroom

Astrix

Ott (he made some nice work on Twisted In Dub, though)

Pitch Black

Troll Scientists

Entheogenic

Tegma

Neelix

Also, although I'm a goahead to the bone, I could never feel Etnica's stuff. While IFO is probably the highest and the most essential achievement in goa music, and many good things can be said about Crop Circles as well, Etnica, on the other hand, had virtually nothing as near as that. Most of their work I find completely and utterly pale.

Bluetech is the one that stands out the most for me at present.

I've tried a few times to give it a chance but it hasn't clicked yet.

I'll still probably purchase the first 2 albums in the near future and play them every now and again and see if anything changes in my mind.

It's great to keep one's perspective fairly open. If I don't enjoy something right away it's fun to try and listen to it in a different way on the next play, or at another time of day, or focusing on different elements of the track/album to hopefully hear what the artist is trying to say.

Jon

Bluetech is the one that stands out the most for me at present.

I've tried a few times to give it a chance but it hasn't clicked yet.

I'll still probably purchase the first 2 albums in the near future and play them every now and again and see if anything changes in my mind.

It's great to keep one's perspective fairly open. If I don't enjoy something right away it's fun to try and listen to it in a different way on the next play, or at another time of day, or focusing on different elements of the track/album to hopefully hear what the artist is trying to say.

Jon

+1 for Bluetech, never was amazed by his style a bit cheesy commercial & not fully chill but somehow slow motion dream-trance.

Let me know how it was rino, although they have fully jumped in the (more commercial) full-on bandwagon ..

it was totally oldschoolish ....the only one fullon track he played was New Kind Of World rmx what would be released on their new album in short time from now and he played this track on the end of his performance .... the whole time he played was all best oldschool MFG tracks from The Prophecy and New Kind Of World albums .... and some old collaborations with Astral Projection and Xerox ..... ;)

anyway ... i want to mension that i dont like Spiritual Healing from The Muses Rapt what the most people adores , for some of them its the way of living ..... all respect to Juan and to his great win against his cancer but i cant stomach those hectic melodies .... they dont touch me ......