Artists you dislike but most people love!

Ormion

I have two.

First are X-Dream. although some tracks from them are in my all-time best list (ex. Imagine If The World Was On Trip...) most of their tracks sound to me really boring.

Next is Hallucinogen. Please don't shoot me! :) I don't hate his music. Tracks like Snakey Shaker, LSD and Shamanix are killers!!! but Simon was never my cup of tea. Tracks like Jiggle Of The Sphinx or Horrorgram, you know when he use these Celtic-kind melodies... nope I don't like them.

But this is just me!

Do you have any artists you dislike or hate but most people love them?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put X-Dream as well. Hugely overrated. Thought their latest 12" is da bomb.

Most of the Full-on nowadays makes me wonder whether i'm in the right scene. Most of the Israeli output is same tune over again. Alien Project, Dynamic, and pretty much everything that is being released on Tip. World and Spun.

All the tech-trance mafia is overrated, and that includes: MidiMiliz, Delta and stuff like that. They were cool some years back ago but now it's just noise.

And Tristan also. Nothing personal but i can't find a tune by him that i actually like.

I dislike "Full on". This has become like an insult to me when someone says "Full On" in front of me. Can't understand so many people still like the same overrepeating music after 3 years...

Recently i was a guy saying (about CPU) "ohh this is boring", then he took a bit of speed and immediately went on the dancefloor....................

Before psy was for people on acid, now it's for people on speed.

Infected Mushroom!!!! They've changed styles many times but I never liked a single one of their tracks!!! But I liked their live performance 4 years ago :)

I also agree with the Hallucinogen remark... I like his first tracks (LSD, Orphic Trench, Solstice...) but he just lost it since The Lone Deranger if you ask me... also I find Simon's other project, Shpongle to be highly overrated as well... some tracks are good, agreed but when you hear all the positive feedback on Shpongle you'd expect to instantly reach a higher plane of existance simply by listening to the CD or something. Actually the Shpongle CD I enjoy most is the Remix CD released last year...

Also don't have very kind words for Juno Reactor... he makes different music, agreed and I do like a handfull of his tracks but again from that to saying that he's some sort of genious...

Similar remark for Koxbox...

X-Dream is kindof hit and miss... I prefer Marcus' other side-project The Delta :)

i think astrix would be my first artist in mind,,, good but i dont think it have anything special,,, something good but not that good,,, i also think

sphongle is overrated,

i used to like, the lone derenger cd... now i hear it and i get bored,,,

mm jupiter 8000, i like 4 tracks and rest really get me bored....... nothing much to say about it.... im never bean a goa fan,... and it sometimes sounds like it....

and mars the thing is that for you it have been 3 years of the same sh1t but imagine for some 17 years old guy, having it first impression of psy music,, for them its real new and original, i dont know in your country, but here in mexico we have and invasion of very young people, with lots of pills on,, they just love it man.. of course that they will love that music, of because of them things are getter worst... but thats the way things are kinda going it may change for better... we will just have to wait....

All the tech-trance mafia is overrated, and that includes: MidiMiliz, Delta and stuff like that. They were cool some years back ago but now it's just noise.

198045[/snapback]

Some people, like me, still like them, and find their music to be very creative, because it is not that usual formula. It is something different. The new stuff from The Delta, such as the album Send In, send back, is not my cup of tea, but that is in my opinion.

And Tristan also. Nothing personal but i can't find a tune by him that i actually like.

198045[/snapback]

Tristan & Process - KV 23 , maybe you should try this one!

Take care now, bye bye then!

I dislike "Full on". This has become like an insult to me when someone says "Full On" in front of me. Can't understand so many people still like the same overrepeating music after 3 years...

198061[/snapback]

I agree with you. I don't even bother to check new releases from the "full on-labels" anymore. Luckily there is other artists that has come to my liking.

Hmm, I'm sure there's tons of them but maybe Hux-Flux, I hear absolutely nothing in his music.

And yeah also Shpongle, I love the track Behind Closed Eyelids but other than that nothing special imo. I do think Twisted is the best album ever though, much better than The Lone Deranger (which is still good). I think it's time for Simon to work on his better project for a change. :)

I also found the second Shpongle album hugely overrated. The first album and both “Mystery of the Yeti” releases where so much better.

From newer releases, I guess I must say The Misted Muppet, and everything from Chemical Crew (former Shaffel).

:rolleyes: id have to say skazi and Infected Mushroom...

Never liked there tracks...

You have to try really hard to get into them...

This may not be the right place but hey im Firewalker (Pyrovatis)...Im glad i found you guys!

(the saikopod project I do like)

198114[/snapback]

Saikopod is freaking great, I love them. Some niiiiiiice groovy shit we got here!

Another artist:

Some of Son Kite's stuff

and Synchro, some of his tracks I can't dig, don't know why? <_<

hallucinogen - yeah, I can definitely see the talent, but aside from a few tracks I never got much. everything after the 2nd album does nothing for me.

koxbox - aside from headlines ep, didn't do much for me

all "full on" artists - lots of people dislike them, nothing secret about that

x-dream - "radio" was great for me, microchip ep was excellent for me. all else was so-so.

total eclipse - i've got delta aquariads and total relaxation, or whatever the fuck its called. neither album does anything for me.

etnica & pleiadians - a few great tracks, mostly mediocre stuff.

never dug much from juno reacotr, space tribe, or IM either.