my dj sets

kabamaru

hi all,

I am currently fooling around with MixMeister, you can download the "results" here:

ftp://131.211.222.32

so far I have 3 atmospheric drum & bass sets and one dedicated to Infected Mushroom (Infected music all the way through). enjoy!!

also, you can check out this little page:

http://www.demostreams.com/app/ds/bio.cfm?userid=spinnet

right now it has only one atm. d&b set uploaded (streaming) but I intend to upload more. next I want to do an ambient/dub set...

I'm not letting MixMeister to do the mixes automatically, I am carefully "orchestrating" them manually! The "cheat" is that I don't have to manually beatmatch the tracks (MIxMeister is spot on) as I do when I use decks so I save some time there! Anyway, beatmatching is only a very small portion of what a good mix is, IMO. You have to pick the right tracks so that they actually sound good together, not out of sync, and create the right "flow". And of course timing is very important as well... All these things cannot be done without human intervention (not yet, anyway) regardless of what software program you use.

I will check out Traktor, though. Thanx for the tip!

Also, I just ordered Hercules DJ Console. There is a dedicated MixVibes version for it (really nice software).

Looks like a really fun toy :D