Juno Reactor - Lu.ci-ana

psytones

Luciana is boring. It has it's good moments, but it repeats too much. It'd go well as a ten-minute track, maybe 20, but no longer. Unlike the artists on Mystery of the yeti 1&2, Juno can't make good ambient this long.

I heard it was supposed to be a soundtrack for a art installation somewhere. That'd explain the repetiviness.

204059[/snapback]

Luciana is boring? For some people, yes. But if you listen to the whole track you will hear that it goes through many elements. Like the singing woman.. Dark animals or whatever it is.. Spaceship? ect ect..

Interesting.. This track was supposed to be used at a art exebition? Or was it used?

Wonder what kinda art it was since the track is supposed to "reflect" the acctual art? Any one knows?

btw.

This is not a ambient track. Its more a piece of art or a experimental Drone track :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.. This track was supposed to be used at a art exebition? Or was it used?

Wonder what kinda art it was since the track is supposed to "reflect" the acctual art? Any one knows?

btw.

This is not a ambient track. Its more a piece of art or a experimental Drone track :)

205027[/snapback]

Read this comment here. I assume he's not just talking shit: LINK

And yes, it's a piece of art. Like Aphex twin. However, when music passes this fine line between music as music and music as art, I can't really appreciate it anymore. :(

Okay, have you all considered LOOKING FOR THIS ON KaZaA or any other downloading site???

I have been trying to locate this album on and off for YEARS.... The anticapation has been so much that I'll probably find it disappointing when I actually hear it, IF I ever hear it.

Anyway, why would this NOT be available to download somewhere?

If anyone knows where to stream or download it, post something so others know. I'd buy this album because I totally dig Juno Reactor and own all their other albums, but if its not available to buy virtually anywhere...

Any ideas? Any suggestions or sites? This has to exist somewhere? Someone has got to be sharing it somewhere you'd think, right? :unsure:

Okay, have you all considered LOOKING FOR THIS ON KaZaA or any other downloading site???

Anyway, why would this NOT be available to download somewhere?

If anyone knows where to stream or download it, post something so others know.

Any ideas? Any suggestions or sites? This has to exist somewhere? Someone has got to be sharing it somewhere you'd think, right? :unsure:

205182[/snapback]

Hmmm...? Have you read all of the threads?

1) Its easy enough to find on a download program.

2) >You can buy it at Ebay.com for a nice sum of money.

*POFF*

• 4 weeks later...

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/.../52604/forum/59

the guy is selling juno reactor luciana for 15 euro

Lu-ci-ana was released in 1994, before they where world known. This is their first release as Juno Reactor. So I think your comment about this track only beeing respected because its Juno is wrong!

Juno Reactor's first release was Transmissions from 1993, so this is not their first release. They released first single High Energy Protons and second one Laughing Gas in their beginning. And beside, it is complete pretentiousness for someone saying that people respect this album cause it is Juno Reactor. Bah ! Why don't you, not you psytones but whoever said that make ambient track one hour long and release it worldwide to see wheter is better. Pretentiousness is the worst critical weapon!

Juno Reactor and drone music?? Sounds interesting! :)

It's amazing how varied their music is. It can't be compared to 'psy', especially the last 3 albums and the matrix music. They're a seperate category altogether and they have their own unique, evolving style.

Ben Watkins recorded Luciana prior to Transmissions, it was a soundtrack that accompanied an installation art performance called "The Missile Project". It was released later on after the first album. I don't know what the fuss is about I've heard it before and I wasn't really impressed at the time... I think their other albums are better...

• 2 months later...

Ben Watkins recorded Luciana prior to Transmissions,

209661[/snapback]

yes, and while listening to Transmissions (the album) you can clearly hear sounds and fx used in Lu-ci.ana as well. Many great sounds in this album :)

Cinos, you still hate it eh?

Cinos,you should listen to Pan Sonic and Ikeda.

Anyway,that track is really weird.Not exactly ambient.Maybe the kind of ambient you enjoy to listen stoned on bed.But i'd choose something like Matthew Florianz for this occasion not this one....

juno reactor is maybe the most overrated artist imo .. havent heard that luciana tho

234493[/snapback]

I can respect that opinion Towelie. But would you care to explain why you feel this way? because in my opinion Juno deserves alot of respect for beeing pioneers in this psytrance scene of ours. And for making quality music.

Even thou it's not your taste. ;)

i,m not saying it sucks but most of tracks are just very mediocore and lack something .. and everybody just praise them into heavens.. they have jewels like pistolero but as a whole very mediocore and overrated,, i have heard all the albums except luciana

Lu-ci-ana was released in 1994, before they where world known. This is their first release as Juno Reactor. So I think your comment about this track only beeing respected because its Juno is wrong!

Juno Reactor's first release was Transmissions from 1993, so this is not their first release. They released first single High Energy Protons and second one Laughing Gas in their beginning. And beside, it is complete pretentiousness for someone saying that people respect this album cause it is Juno Reactor. Bah ! Why don't you, not you psytones but whoever said that make ambient track one hour long and release it worldwide to see wheter is better. Pretentiousness is the worst critical weapon!

209628[/snapback]

I think you are both wrong I have the Juno Reactor - Odyssey - 1992-2002

So their first release must have been in 1992.

I think you are both wrong I have the Juno Reactor - Odyssey - 1992-2002

So their first release must have been in 1992.

234946[/snapback]

First track yes, maybe. First album no.

Guest Astro Cortex

I just heard Luciana for the first time and if you ask me, it's pure otherworldly bliss. IMO it deserves every bit of respect for what it is, not just because it's by Juno Reactor. And yes, though it doesn't necessarily sound accessible to everyone who likes their other works, there's still a recognizable Juno feel in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered this. :) I can't believe I saw it first!

And yeah. This kind of punches my principles in the balls, (i usually don't buy music only for collecting) but with Shpongle & Juno Reactor I make an exception.

I just ordered this.  :) I can't believe I saw it first!

239770[/snapback]

You did? Wanna send it to me? :)

Edit: Can I ask how much you payed/what album(s) you exchanged for it?

Edited by psytones

You did? Wanna send it to me? :)

Edit: Can I ask how much you payed/what album(s) you exchanged for it?

239833[/snapback]

No.

Just kidding. 15 £ + 1.4£ postage. I should get it on wednesday or so.

It's funny how all the CDs I'm looking for sooner or later jump into my face. I guess this proves most every CD is possible to find. :)

Yup yup, I just got this - it's in mint condition even... now, I'll listen to it completely soon. We'll see just how good it is. :)

UPDATE: I posted a sort-of-review of it in the reviews section. READ!