Juno Reactor - Lu.ci-ana

psytones

Juno Reactor has this track called Lu.ci-ana / Luciana. It's a strange track that lasts for 61:20 (1 hour, 1 min and 20 sec) And its all about sounds and basslines.

its absolutely fantastic ... Since i have most of Juno Reactor in original i feel that this is my missing link. I got the track in mp3, but i would love to have it in original. Do you know where i can get it?

Most important: I'm also wondering what you think of this track? btw. i will not be supprised if no one here has heard the track, very few people know this track. And its a shame.. because Lu.ci-ana is a *strange* trippy track.

It's like ... a big ass ghost ship/tanker that travels from world to world. Sometimes it visits a beautiful place with humming and "singing" .. but some places.. things get kinda scary. But it never gets scary in a stressfull way. Its always very calm and floating. Just love the way the bass comes and goeas away. Luciana is maybe one of the strangest trips i'v ever takan. And it seems like they have used some of the sounds from the album; Transmissions (1993) ...

I want to buy the original god damn it..

I can see how people dont like this track.. But most trippers should love this adventure.

(Straight people will mostly nOt like this album/track.. But i hope i'm wrong about that... )

To see what track/album i'm talking about;

http://www.discogs.com/release/61352

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will not be supprised if no one here has heard the track, very few people know this track.

let's not go overboard here... a lot of people have been around the block for quite some time... I agree it's an excellent track, I wonder why Juno never did a follow-up? It reminds me of older electronic ambient by the likes of Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze :)

and no, I don't have the original either, sorry...

i have a few cds but never heard junos work,,, ive heard his name since many years ago,, what would be some good work from him??...

197780[/snapback]

First of al, its them not him. And maybe for a starter i would shooce 'Bible Of Dreams' or 'Shango'

And .. WOW.. I had this question posted at www.isratrance.com as well.. and i have been getting more positive responses here at one day, then there at 1 week. So i think i'm gonna come here more often. ;O)

And wOp ... Steal the album from your friend and send it to me.. hehe *kidding* Well he is extremly lucky. I would love to have the original.

And HELL yhea.. Luciana is a trip and not a track ;)

• 2 months later...

Luciana is boring. It has it's good moments, but it repeats too much. It'd go well as a ten-minute track, maybe 20, but no longer. Unlike the artists on Mystery of the yeti 1&2, Juno can't make good ambient this long.

I heard it was supposed to be a soundtrack for a art installation somewhere. That'd explain the repetiviness.

I hadn't heared Luciana until quite recently (thanks psytones for sending it).

I also think that it is a very good ambient album and amazing trip. A bit heavy for sure, but a powerful tool, if you want to explore these realms.

I can't say that I find it boring at all.

Luciana and Mystery of the Yeti are two completely different journeys and imo not compareable.

And to be honest I find the Mystery of the Yeti rather boring. But that's just a matter of taste. ;)

Indeed this is one hell of a release. I did a similar track once for an art exhibition, but not nearly as good as this one here. I should re-record it some day with the kind of resources I have now and include it in some future release :)

I remember Cubase dying on me several times back then haha :)

Anyways, back on topic. I think its a very hard record to get, and I wont sell my copy. I do have friends that have it as well though, and I can ask around a little bit, but I cant promise ANYTHING.

By the way, as amazing as this release is, I still like Pete Namlook way more when he does this kind of music :)

And to be honest I find the Mystery of the Yeti rather boring. But that's just a matter of taste.  ;)

204076[/snapback]

You can't possibly find it boring if you like Luciana! It's a journey of pure bliss, always something happening, constantly changing too, unlike L.

You can't possibly find it boring if you like Luciana! It's a journey of pure bliss, always something happening, constantly changing too, unlike L.

204198[/snapback]

It is of course a very subjective thing, what is boring and what not.

For me the slick, almost perfect production of the Yeti sounds flat and sterile. I don't get an authentic feeling of the inspiration, of the creative process.

The end product is something that is for my taste too designed.

The main thing, that makes the Yeti boring to me is that the space it creates is not interesting/challenging for me to explore.

Luciana and the space it creates on the contrary is interesting and challenging for me.

Please don't feel offended. I am not saying the Mystery of the Yeti is bad, it just isn't for me. :)

Yeah have heard the track and...uhm... extremely boring and monotonous <_<

I listen to ambient/dub/breakbeat/etc. stuff every day and I can rarely find something as bad as this...i really think that if this piece of music would be made by me (well i don't know sh*t about making music but still...) everybody would just ignore and dislike it.. but cause it's made by JR many like it..i think :huh:

my advice: for background music: brian eno - music for airports

for tripping: siniaalto - siniaalto (very relaxing)

about siniaalto: http://www.discogs.com/release/331391

i really think that if this piece of music would be made by me (well i don't know sh*t about making music but still...) everybody would just ignore and dislike it.. but cause it's made by JR many like it..i think  :huh:

204261[/snapback]

I think so too. The name "juno reactor" just adds that "aura of goodness" around it. The imagination can do wonders. If you think something is good, it most usually is.

IMHO, Juno aren't really THAT good, except on Beyond The Infinite. (please don't kill me for this comment)

I think so too. The name "juno reactor" just adds that "aura of goodness" around it.  The imagination can do wonders. If you think something is good, it most usually is.

IMHO, Juno aren't really THAT good, except on Beyond The Infinite. (please don't kill me for this comment)

204301[/snapback]

If Juno is THAT good or not is of cource a matter of taste. But even if you like their music or not you should be able to look at their work as one. Juno's sound is so rich and mature imo. I love it.. But anyhow..

Lu-ci-ana was released in 1994, before they where world known. This is their first release as Juno Reactor. So I think your comment about this track only beeing respected because its Juno is wrong!

And who are you to compare "Mystery of The Yeti 1 & 2" with Juno's "Lu.ci-ana" Cinos? No offence on your musical skills at all.. But look at this.

Juno Reactor - Lu.ci-ana = Drone music.. Drone music is supposed to be..

well you called it boring, I call it inovating.. (call it a trip through space or whatever) This is music that damands a better ear then with other music styles that just lets you have sounds and variation. Remember that commercial pop music is build on the principle that you love.. I also love good psy/ambien/chill music that "entertains" me.. I'm not ignorent or anything. But I also love and respect Drone music. Eventhough it can be a bit "hard" for some people to apriciate. But thats a good thing. Wouldnt want everyone to love my music. That would make me less special.. heheh. (kinda kidding here)

Anyhow.. I think its important to look at music in other angles then just whats entertaining and whats not.

Lu-ci-ana was released in 1994, before they where world known. This is their first release as Juno Reactor. So I think your comment about this track only beeing respected because its Juno is wrong!

204810[/snapback]

It wasn't before Juno got big that this release got the attention it has, I think.

And who are you to compare "Mystery of The Yeti 1 & 2" with Juno's "Lu.ci-ana" Cinos? No offence on your musical skills at all.. But look at this.

Juno Reactor - Lu.ci-ana = Drone music.. Drone music is supposed to be..

well you called it boring, I call it inovating.. (call it a trip through space or whatever) This is music that damands a better ear then with other music styles that just lets you have sounds and variation. Remember that commercial pop music is build on the principle that you love.. I also love good psy/ambien/chill music that "entertains" me.. I'm not ignorent or anything. But I also love and respect Drone music. Eventhough it can be a bit "hard" for some people to apriciate. But thats a good thing. Wouldnt want everyone to love my music. That would make me less special.. heheh. (kinda kidding here)

Anyhow.. I think its important to look at music in other angles then just whats entertaining and whats not.

204810[/snapback]

Have you heard MOTY? Its not "entertaining", it's in fact quite monotone, calm and droney. But the atmosphere it creates is just so great. It's definetly intelligent and subtle, not by the same formula as pop.

It wasn't before Juno got big that this release got the attention it has, I think.

Have you heard MOTY? Its not "entertaining", it's in fact quite monotone, calm and droney. But the atmosphere it creates is just so great. It's definetly intelligent and subtle, not by the same formula as pop.

204814[/snapback]

Oh.. Sorry man. I didnt see that. But that wasnt what I was trying to prove anyway. I just hope you see my point. The Luciana track is Drone music. Its not supposed to be variated and "entertaining" as "Mystery of The Yeti" i just think it was a bad comparesing to a great travell track ;)

peace? :ph34r:

Oh.. Sorry man. I didnt see that. But that wasnt what I was trying to prove anyway. I just hope you see my point. The Luciana track is Drone music. Its not supposed to be variated and "entertaining" as "Mystery of The Yeti" i just think it was a bad comparesing to a great travell track ;)

peace?  :ph34r:

204818[/snapback]

Yes.

But MOTY is still better for "travelling"! ;)

Yes.

But MOTY is still better for "travelling"!  ;)

204822[/snapback]

hehe.. ;) Well.. I ment both mental and the fact that the whole track seems to be travelling like a big ass ghost ship or something. Havent heard MOTY though.. But I promise i'll check it out.

And when it goes for "Lu.ci-ana"... Luciana is a track that needs big speakers that can move lots of air to be apriciated propper.. I my self got 15" speakers at home.. so they really makes Luciana WRRroooommmooorrroooWWRRRROOOooOOOmmmmMMmm :D

I listened to the track last night btw. Me and one of my roomies played chess and smoked alot of reefers. And I still find this track to be amazing. I'm so glad that its 60 minutes long. If this would have been a 15 min track.. I dont think I would apriciate it in the same way.