Melancholic Tracks

Ormion

Here is a list of my favorites melancholic psy tracks (dance and chill out)

SFX-Butterfly Trip

Oforia-The Morning Song, Voice Of Delusion

Doof-Sunshrine

Tandu-Rodeo

Mushroom Band-Denmark Elephant Grey, Halfway Down And About To Fall

California Sunshine-Coming Home

LOS-Slime

KRONOS QUARTET - REQUIEM FOR A DREAM theme ( I know it is not trance but that was first song to fell on my head )

ART OF TRANCE - EASTER ISLAND ( CYGNUS X RMX )

TERRA FERMA - FLOATING

VIRTUAL SYMMETRY - THE V.S

COSMA - CUSANAM

DOOF - BLUE SUN SHRINE

EMUNA - ANGEL KAYA

EYAL BARKAN - L.D.M.S.

Jaia - Mai Mai

Eyal Barkan - Forever Love (hope this is not too cheesy for you)

The Timeless compilation from Utopia Records has something very sentimental for me (especial from track 3 on). But it's modern full-on, so I don't know if that does it for you.

i know it's not psy (or is it really?) anyway it's not trance and maybe not a lot of psy trance people will listen to it anyway as it is "dark music", but i love psy as well as many other things so ....enough of useless words as an intro..

if you ever come face to face (or ear to ear) with a band called DIE FORM give it a try...

i was just listening to it when reading the 'melancholic ...' topic and i was really synchronized ...

i know it's not psy (or is it really?) anyway it's not trance and maybe not a lot of psy trance people will listen to it anyway as it is "dark music", but i love psy as well as many other things so ....enough of useless words as an intro..

if you ever come face to face (or ear to ear) with a band called DIE FORM give it a try...

i was just listening to it when reading the 'melancholic ...' topic and i was really synchronized  ...

197797[/snapback]

by the way i didnt mean this picture to appear so biiiggg! not intentionally....but it is nice right? try to fix this!!!!

steptime - timecode (stoneage 2004, orebro freakfactory 3)

dark soho - the h (alchemy 2002; combustion album)

ibex - output it (balloonia 2004; va outsider)

gmt - negative gain (kukumi recs 2000; va-chapel perilous)

neoris - land of tears (horns & hoofs 2004; va-dissidents)

progus - trancezistor (horns & hoofs 2004; va-dissidents)

my fave melancholic psytrance tracks.

great production & great musical thoughts. real encyclopedia of moods :]

check'em out, hope you'll like it.

Steptime-Timecode? Hmm, strange... Does sound so sad to me. Anyway, here are some more:

Illuminati-Hope (Oliver Lieb rmx)

California Sunshine-The Deeper The Bluer

Infected Mushroom-Dancing With Kadafi

Luna Eclipse-The Return Home!!!

Sundog-Seven Minutes To Midnight

Digitalis-Kyphi

Non Psy:

Driving Faces-Liquid Child

Interactive-Koma!!!!!!

Fix To Fax-Meridan :(:(:(

Mmmh ... I can't contribute with psychedelic melancholic tracks (IMHO this doesn't really fit ... when I listen to psy I wanna be happy or at least not melancholic, but this is just my opinion), but I can recommend some non-psy tracks:

Aria One - Dido (Armin Van Buuren's Universal Religion Mix) is melancholic, but it develops to uplifting trance, I don't know if you like that. It's a great track though, I really don't like trance anymore, but this track is still good!

Plastic Boy - Silver Bath ... somehow the same as the one above, only I'm finding it not that great.

Wolfsheim is melancholic ... if you want it cheese-trancy check out "Wundervoll (Blank & Jones Remix)", if you don't want it that cheesy try the album version of the track, this one's far better IMHO. Other Wolfsheim stuff is very good too, like "In Time", "The Sparrows And The Nightingales" or "Find You're Here" ... but that's getting far from trance...

BTW, I would not call Digitalis - Kyphi melancholic...

@ RTP:

When speaking about Wolfsheim: the best track ever is Kein Weg Zurück. I could cry when listening to the lyrics of it. But it is not a trance track.

When speaking about Wolfsheim: the best track ever is Kein Weg Zurück. I could cry when listening to the lyrics of it. But it is not a trance track.

Yeah, this track is good too ... though I wouldn't say it's their best.

I had listened to some Wolfsheim in autumn last year, as I was in the military. It was depression to the third: first it was autumn, second I was at the military and third this melancholic music ... not the best combination if you have a loaded weapon in your hands, sometimes I already thought about how doing it...

Heh, Quark, Asterope is not melancholic at all, it is very bouncey and catchy. ;)

197893[/snapback]

I thought that melancholic was a "sad" track, was a, almost, tearbreaking element! Hope you understand what Iam trying to say.. :P

Quark!

Aria One - Dido (Armin Van Buuren's Universal Religion Mix) is melancholic, but it develops to uplifting trance, I don't know if you like that. It's a great track though, I really don't like trance anymore, but this track is still good!

Plastic Boy - Silver Bath ... somehow the same as the one above, only I'm finding it not that great.

197831[/snapback]

Aria "Dido" Armin Van Buuren remix is awesome!! one of my all time fave. "Silver bath" is nice. I add Aria one - "Willow" (magikal remake) don't know why i have a particular feeling with this one, and Shane - "C'est musique" (Armin van buuren remix) has a sad melody for me. Both are euro trance music (i have a LOT of melancholic euro trance : example Tiesto "theme from Norefjell" (magikal remake) what a track , i love it).

of course, The muses rapt - spiritual healing, and an old masterpiece underrated IMHO : Sfx - Y-Salem.