hey one question,.,, whats scando trance?

dee#2

well, in fact that is all trance of Scandinavia... but there are several different genres in scandosounds

in Dark Night Trance => Battle Buddhas, Ka Sol, Puro, Steptime,...

in progressive => Atmos, Noma, Human Blue, S-Range,...

in Melodic goa trance => Subcouds, Miranda, Logic Bomb,...

well, in fact that is all trance of Scandinavia... but there are several different genres in scandosounds

in Dark Night Trance => Battle Buddhas, Ka Sol, Puro, Steptime,...

in progressive => Atmos, Noma, Human Blue, S-Range,...

in Melodic goa trance => Subcouds, Miranda, Logic Bomb,...

197598[/snapback]

Hi :)

Sorry mate but apart from Atmos you can hardly consider Human Blue and S-Range for progressive ;-) Human Blue is quite Full On now and S-Range have never been progressive. Just my opinion here from Scandinavia :-)

Actually there's not that many progressive bands/artists here anymore. Atmos, Frogacult, Phony orphants for sure and sometime Son Kite and afew more. It's a whole different matter when it come to Progressive House. We got quite a few nice artist on the rise :-)

Sorry mate but apart from Atmos you can hardly consider Human Blue and S-Range for progressive ;-)  Human Blue is quite Full On now and S-Range have never been progressive.  Just my opinion here from Scandinavia :-)

197611[/snapback]

Disagree although I'm not from Scandinavia ;-)

Why do you say that S-Range was never progressive? I think Anoebis meant progressive psytrance and S-Range fits in it. Ok not all of his stuff, but I can hear very clear progressive influences in his tracks, and some of them are pure progressive psytrance (depends on the own definition of prog. psytrance). For his newer realeases it seems that he is going the full-on path which is then another story.

Human Blue full-on? What's your genre definition about full-on? Come on E.P. you cannot say Human Blue is Full-On. Name it melodic, cheesy, commercial but he never used any of the receipts out of the Full-On cookbook (which has been obvisiouly written in Israel :-)

Just my 2 cents

Fohat

classic case of "splitting the hair in too many pieces"... and not really relevant for the topic IMO since the dude was asking for names representative of SCANDOTRANCE!!!

Personally I'd be inclined to say that Battle of the Future Buddhas and the whole Schlabbaduerst stuff represents the scando style... but others tend to say it's more stuff like Atmos so...

Sorry mate but apart from Atmos you can hardly consider Human Blue and S-Range for progressive ;-)  Human Blue is quite Full On now and S-Range have never been progressive.  Just my opinion here from Scandinavia :-)

Actually there's not that many progressive bands/artists here anymore. Atmos, Frogacult, Phony orphants for sure and sometime Son Kite and afew more.  It's a whole different matter when it come to Progressive House. We got quite a few nice artist on the rise :-)

197611[/snapback]

I think that S>Range is hard nut to crack, because with his first album it switches between the styles, but it is still a killer album :P

BooM! has released some compilations named Psychoactive Scandosounds, untill now it is an triology.

Atmos, Frogacult and Phony Orphants. For me these artists are the creme de la creme for prog.trance. All Atmos' stuff is brilliant, and Phony Orphants album Symphony, needs no introducing, this is thee prog.album! :) Frogacult's stuff is brilliant too, and I have read some place that they soon will release an album! Excellent..

Take care now, bye bye then!

Sorry mate but apart from Atmos you can hardly consider Human Blue and S-Range for progressive ;-)  Human Blue is quite Full On now and S-Range have never been progressive.

I disagree. Listen to S-Range's older stuff, like Micron Transponder, Illegal Software, Black Lotus, Complete Delete or DNA Trackers and you will hear that he has indeed once been pretty progressive.

Of course meanwhile S-Range's style has changed much, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents :)