South africa, racism and origin festival

Hood

Hi, i'm french and I would like to go to origin festival but all people say me "be careful, there are lot of racism in this country, you can't go out of your car in the big town etc..."

(i'm white)

Is it real ? :(

ok i am from Cape Town in South Africa and i can say whoever told u that is talking a load of bullsh1t.

i have lived in Cape Town for 21 years. (been in london now for 2 years) and i have never been stabbed, robbed or beat up once.

but the thing is, dont be an idiot. dont walk alone down into some dodgy alley in the city at 02:00 in the morning, as that would be asking for trouble in any city.

If you are going to Johannesburg, this is a much more dangerous city. i personally have never been (and will never go). Cape Town is beautful and its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Most of south africa's crime happens in Jo'burg, which is 2000km from Cape Town.

Appardheid was banned when i was still in primary school. so i grew up in multicultural schools where black white colourd indian asian, whatever all attended. and since i grew up with it, i found nothing wrong with it. i am not a racist and i dont know many people in SA who are. the problem is, people are predijuce and dont make up their own minds before they have experienced it themselves. If you are going to cape town (the best place for psy in SA), you will love it, you will love the weather, the multiculture of eveything and i seriously doubt you will be robbed or stabbed in your 14 day vacation, as have never had that done to me in 21 years. just use your brain and dont end up in Kayalitcha (a big dodgy squattercamp near capetown) and you will be fine.

• 1 month later...

excuse me, but wtf? i live in cape town i cant confirm any of that shit thats supposedly goin on..

see you in feb

200899[/snapback]

capetown is just really a fin place to live. its really great and has a fantastic psytrance scene, one of the best in the world actually. some of the best locations....(aahh...silverstroom, my first psy party) if you just want a fun holiday with lots of sunshine and good trance music. go to capetown. you wont be sorry.