01. Gods Of Goa

02. Chandrakant

03. One N Only Sperminator

04. Roller Gauze

05. Horny Goa Teen Pimps

06. Chapora Nightlife

07. Mata's Medical Story

08. Kichiguy

09. Do U Read Me (Shakin' Spun-Sweaters)

10. Monkeywalium

11. T4P10L4

12. Bombaybooster

13. Raggare

I was impressed by the first Mandalavandalz album Hong Kong Nightlife in 2002 so I had to get my hands on this one. And, contrary to many second albums which are wated in high anticipation and end up dissapointing big time, this one is actually BETTER than the first!!

Gods of Goa shows that in spite the finn's reputation of doing wierd stuff, they are also capable of bringing back THEEEEE oldschool feeling! They already did this with their track 1995 on their first album. This one is more on the quirky side but maaan it sure brings back some memories :)

But contrary to the first album, that oldschool feeling runs throughout the album, it doesn't stop at just one track.

Roller Gauze is also one of my faves, it has a nice drive to it and of course the trademark quirkiness :)

Horny Goa Teen Pimps (what a name lol!) brings back again the oldschool feeling in full force.

The album-title track Chapora Nightlife brings some guitarish-synthlines which sound VERY much like the stuff Juno Reactor uses in his tracks! Also the track has a "movie-feeling" to it, just like Juno. Did Juno participate in the making of the track or is this a tribute to him? I don't know... Of course it has the finn quirkiness to it so I don't know if Juno fans will love it or hate it. Personally I never was a big Juno fan so...

Back to some oldschool with the finn touch to it in Mata's Mediacl Story oh baby I like this one a LOT as well!! Kindof disspointed by the track length... 3:56 in total WTF??? Most tracks don't even reach "full climax" by then...

Kichiguy shows us that finns aren't all about having fun in the morning, they also make some driving dark tracks for the night. Nice one but no oldschool touch in this one :( BTW One N Only Sperminator is also on the dark side.

Back to oldschool with Do You Read Me? this one reminds me of old Space Tribe .

T4P10L4 (award winner for the wierdest trackname ever...) is, as the name suggests, the wirdest track here. It has those symphonic-movie-epic moments that remind me of Mysted Muppet and Synsun's stuff (guess this is really a growing trend in psytrance these days) but it's MUCH wierder than their music. It's almost exeprimental and the tempo isn't really high, not downtempo but not uptempo either. I think this is one of those "love it or hate" it tracks.

Back to some more finnish trance with the oldschool touch in Bombaybosster although this is less good IMO, it's more on the cheezy side.

Raggare is NOT reggae influenced as you might think... it's a more chill-out track (although not exactly downtempo either). I don't like this track much either, I find it a little cheezy with the jazz influences and all.

Conclusion this album is BETTER than their first one!!! My only regret is that we don't get anymore breakbeat tracks, I really liked Ibiza for example... It's quirky (although much less than the first one) and most of all, it brings back the oldschool feeling!!! Some tracks on this album actually feel like tributes to oldschool artists' style but with a finnish touch of course :) I like this album a LOT and is actually currently disputing first place of 2004 with The Misted Muppet album!! Of course, as with all finnish stuff, people will probably either love it or hate it, although it's less "random" than what we usually get from artists frm this country. So if you're not a fan of finnish stuff at least try some samples to see if you like it or not before you walk away!!

10/10 from me!!

faves: 1 (!!), 2, 4, 5 (!!!), 7, 8 (!!)

first of all this is the 3rd album made by mandalavandalz. Second one is called kamakaze. This one is the best one (it has more good tracks than the others), many original tracks with an oldschool morning feeling. reccomanded for anyone who is into original non formulated fast (and sometimes cheezy) morning music

favorites :2, 4!!, 5,7!!, 9!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...