V/A - Red

Lemmiwinks

Posted Image

1. The Infinity Project – Stimuli (Hallucinogen Remix)

2. Nissimyani Vs. The Melovskys – Fir Cough (A Raja Ram & Lucas Mix)

3. Logic Bomb – Datalinks (Remix)

4. The Inner Visions - #1

5. Astrix – Junosis

6. Sub6 – Program Flies

7. Dynamic Vs. Z-Machine – Energy

8. Xerox & Psy Craft – Adrenalin Rush (Melicia Remix)

9. Black & White – Froid

10. 1200 Mics – Mescaline (Live On Mount Fuji Remix)

Indeed after listeing to this I can only confirm the general feeling: the remix of Stimuli is great, listening to real oldschool after all these years brings tears to my eyes.

As for the Datalinks remix... well, to say the truth I never was into Logic Bomb , I know they sound different but I wouldn't say they sound GOOD. Anyway, it's nice to hear some variation to the typical israeli sound.

I also enjoyed the 1200 Mics remix, in spite what everyone says I DON'T find the first 1200 Mics album as "just another GMS project", I find it really had a lot of variation and interesting ideas. So as a fan of the original Mescaline I liked what they did here...

As for the rest... HORRIBLE!!! Israeli clones everywhere, no style, no substance, just the usual "random noises till minute 5 then bassline stops, catchy melody enters, bassline picks up again, then fade away after about 1 minute" formula which I can't stand anymore since it's used in like 99% of the psy songs made today!! So this compilation really feels like a scam: people rush and buy it mainly because of the first track and discover that there's nothing much except that... And what really pisses me off is that with this comp, TIP records totally killed off the legend which is the TIP Colour series!!! For shame!!! Imagine Rolls Royce started putting The Spirit of Extacy and the double R symbol on VW Golfs and try telling people that the car is the logical continuation in the line of Rolls Royces... Well that's kinda how it feels when you buy this comp... 2/10

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Lemmiwinks about this release simply not living up to the standards of the colors series. This is without a doubt the worst of them.

It is kinda sad, because for al lot of years the colors series has stood out as compilations that were really worth buying. As Lemmiwinks says: for shame.

There are only 3 tracks on it worth hearing, 1 great, 2 ok ones.

The great one is ofcourse Stimuli, a very well made remix of a classic track. It really captures the oldschool spirit.

One of the other ok ones are Logic Bomb - Datalinks. I allways liked logic bomb, and this track is ok, but nothing to write home about.

The last one is the Nissimyani Vs. The Melovskys track, I know a lot of people will be screaming 'Typical Israeli Fullon!', I cant explain why I like this track, it simply put a smile on my face.

Bottom line, if you have the cash to spend the price of a cd to get one good track then get it. If not then hope that the Stimuli remix comes out on another compilation where the rest of the tracks are higher than average or even mediocre.

Peace