What other artists are like Infected Mushroom?

TheCreamFilling

One thing I've noticed about my my favorite tracks by IM is that they all have VERY distinguishable melodies. Tracks like Dancing with Kadafi, Bust a Move, Shawkawkaw, Prehistoric Goa Mood, etc...

I want suggestions for another artist that uses melody some promenantly, BUT hold on, don't go throwing out suggestions yet :). Often when I ask people this question, I get a list of artists that are supposedly "melodic", but when I listen to their music, either all the tracks are just rythems with a few melodies thrown in that are too fast paced to even recognize, or are just thrown into the track for shits and giggles (it seems). This isn't an "i love infected mushroom" thread, I just want to use them as a reference point for suggestions. Often times, it SEEMS as though IM uses the melody to build a song, not the beat, which may be the reason they are so.....distinguishably melodic.

Thanksfor the help.

No one is like Infected Mushroom...however there are some people who are resembling them lately. Try these albums:

Talpa - The Art Of Being None

The Misted Muppets - From The Legend

Beat Hackers - System Error

If your looking for Melody based psy-trance you must go back to GOA. Try these albums:

Astral Projection - Another World

Pleiadians - I.F.O.

Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet Corp.

Yahel - Waves Of Sound

Yahel is defintitively a good suggestion.

I'd also recommend to check out the Man With No Name, I especially think of the track The First Day right now as this track always reminded me a little of Infected, but I don't know why...

As already mentioned, it is hard to find any artists who sound a bit like Infected Mushroom, because they are so unique.

But Violet Vision (Erez Aizen did the mastering on their debut album)

BUT, this is not hardpumping psy-trance, this is chill-out I think! (Psyshop says world)

Take care now, bye bye then

I've ordered the Misted Muppets album some days ago and I'm really curious about it. Everyone here around is writing how good and how IM like it is. Hope it can match my high hopes!

I happen to have this album, and I dont think it's like IM (I'm the original thread author)

I really like The Misted Muppet - From the Legend, but not in the same way that I like Infected Mushroom. From the Legend is dark and has really original and creative ambience, but there's hardly any climaxes because the music is pretty much the same intensity for the entire duration of each track. or hard melodies to give me goosebumps and get my heart pumping like IM's music. As a matter of fact, I think my favorite track on the album is the first one, entitled Defender of the Past, which is a 2 minute ambient/chillout style track with a strong melody lead by a piano. Beautiful little track, but now I'm talk'n about a whole nother genre of music, lol.

• 19 years later...
On 9/7/2004 at 11:04 AM, Tatsu said:

I've ordered the Misted Muppets album some days ago and I'm really curious about it. Everyone here around is writing how good and how IM like it is. Hope it can match my high hopes!

I bet it did not match your high hopes, bcs it did not match mine.. I totally get the comparising to old IM but the debut Albums of Talpa and Nystagmus comes a lot closer to t h a t IM like thing, IMO

For sure Terrafractyl :D I was listening to his newest album again yesterday and hear so much IM in it it's funny (like from the Return To The Sauce album). Terrafractyl was also a big fan of Nystagmus ^^.. And the latter is working on new music that Might be released, on Terrafractyl's record-label Kinematic rec. !

55 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

ive not heard nystagmus, any tracks to start with?

From the Label, & it's Free:
https://sundancerecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-immaculate-perception

Or from the Artist himself, also Free: 
https://anahatamusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-immaculate-perception

Also this: ) ..butnotfree: 
https://kaliearth.bandcamp.com/album/vibrations-e-p