2. Virus

3. Off beat

4. Inside the sphere

5. Extreme circumstances

6. The race (pole position rmx)

7. OB 1

8. Salam

9. That is final

Once upon a time there was a period when you could ONLY hear stuff called "minimal"... very monotonous progressions, basically a beat and a highhat for 6 minutes and eventually an interesting sound in the background. A lot of people were dissapointed by this new "evolution" of psytrance so when a certain Christophe (half of former Transwave) came with a new record label 3D vision releasing VERY agressive stuff with sounds exploding in your face continuously throughout the entire track, everyone said it was pure genious. Then Christophe himself released an album under the name "Absolum" (Wild on TIP Records in 2001) but by then people kindof got tired of the "3D Vision sound" so it had limited appeal. That was back then... but in the last years the psytrance scene mutated considerably. The "big bass with sounds thrown in your face" has become rather standard and is called "full-on". Although IMO the 3D style is more "brutal" and has a more dynamic progression than your usual full-on, it does sound much like it. And now Absolum gives us his second album in the style... needless to say it will make even less ripples through the scene than the first one.

BUT it does have its value on the dancefloor!! Those crazy noises will make anyone go insane at a party. Especially Virus , The Race and OB 1 which are real dancefloor stormers IMO. My problem is that this album has been made ONLY for the dancefloor. Other than the harsh sounds (sometimes I even felt compelled to reduce the highs and high-mids on my EQ cause it was causing too much fatigue on my ears... but that can be a matter of the sound setup you have), there are almost NO melodies. Only ONE track has a few melodies, Inside the Sphere and that sounds like your typical 12-year-old-appealing israeli full-on melody, nothing special. Needless to say that this is LIGHT years behind Christophe's older work as Transwave... what a pitty...

One last comment on the last track That is Final which is downtempo but is horrible!! It really sounds as if Christophe played a usual 3D track with the pitch at -20%... definatley NOT chill-out...

Conclusion an album for the dancefloor and ONLY for the dancefloor. No melodies, only harsh sounds thrown into your face from the first minute to the last. Just the right thing to set the floor on fire but don't even think of appreciating this at home... On a positive side, it's much more dynamic than usual full-on stuff hence it's "dancefloor stormer" value. 9/10 if you're a DJ, 3/10 if you're not...

Well I disagree.

I think that this is insane stuff!

Don't you think that 3/10 is way to low?

I'm not a DJ or a party animal and I enjoy this very much at home also.

Anyway..

The Stomper 10/10

Virus 10/10

Off Beat 10/10

Inside The Sphere 10/10!

Extreme Circumstances 9/10

The Race 8.5/10

OB 1 8.5/10

Salam 9/10

That Is Final 4/10

Ormion (ex-X)

i didn't know absolum is the other half of transwave. i saw absolum's gig coupla weeks ago - the 3d vision sound (or perhaps absolum's sound) is, as you described, bit one-sided - it's the same baseline all the way thru. but entertaining night, nevertheless.

• 7 months later...

I dislike it, this might be the hardest psytrance album i have ever heard, and to my ears it is just noise...maybe 1 or 2 tracks are interesting, but seriously I couldn't stand this kind of music on party, it would be terrible to my ears...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

I understand what you two mean when saying it can sound like noise but for me that is just at times. I give this album a 9/10 cuz its so stunning with its constantly storming energy and uniqueness in sound that can only be Absolum. He finds a way to distort the hell out of a lead and then electrify it to your ears. raunchy, dirty-good psytrance 8)

I also never understood the type of comment where the music is best played outdoors or at a club.. I think it will always be best in such a situation to you get it loud and there is room for the sound to expand. unless you are in a cramped building with poor sound. But playing an awesome album at home will be even more awesome live.

• 6 months later...

CVMMOLr.jpg

Artist: Absolum

Title: Inside the Sphere

Label: 3D Vision

Date: January, 2004

1. The Stomper
2. Virus
3. Off beat
4. Inside the sphere
5. Extreme circumstances
6. The race (pole position rmx)
7. OB 1
8. Salam
9. That is final

"The company was hoping to solve this problem without involving a civilian, but obviously these are extreme circumstances."

Raw. Gritty. Razor sharp. Overwhelming. Now. We are playing. With power. Christof Drouillet has worn a lot of hats.

wC21FUb.jpg

Probably not that one. Half of goa legends Transwave, owner and founder of the 3D Vision label, and lawyer.

OBuVfHe.gif

How do you make that transition? And wouldn't you love it if you could do it? This was his second album and it will make your forget about his debut. Wild? More like...mild.

NclNxCy.gif

Thank you I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress. Remember when full-on wasn't a four letter word? It's hard I know, but back when we weren't overloaded with every 18 year old from the holy land with a bootleg copy of cubase. Well before the life was strangled out of that style, Christof blew the f*cking doors off. He put full on on the map and also became one of the godfathers of the twilight sub genre. Hell he was South African before South Africa was South African psytrance.

Wicked acid eruptions explode all over this thing before we even knew what that was. This is music with a chip on its shoulder. Music that punches your grandma in the face and skips away with here social security check. At almost 10 years old this will still leave blisters with its combination of future technology atmosphere, acidic napalm, and in your face power.

If the goal of psytrance is to be psychedelic and transport you to another world where we do naught but dance, well...For me this is one of the greatest psytrance releases. Ever.

oBiTWAL.gif

Mdk

• 6 years later...