Intelligent Dark Psytrance

Ladic

hi all dark trance fans who like to be scared a bit on the floor :]

i'm looking for some good dark tracks, which are still harder to find

here is some description of what it should sound like

- great rhythmics (hard and steady bassline with not a big range of tones (fullon types of bassline with many different short tones which shake with my stomach are annoying me). i like tracks with good percusions and many metallic samples which help the rhythmics to work like a heavy machinery that shatters all your bones.

- very dark, gothic, scary, horror atmosphere created with a good combination of melodic layers (who listened to scatterbrain's pads knows what i'm talking about. swedish project steptime works with mellody also very well)

- track development. track starts, and ends. you always know, which section of the track you are listening to. there is NO stupid repetition of simple acid lines for all six minutes. (ka-sol -trum drum and neural rectifier syndrome - face of the comet stand here for a good example)

i prefere tracks that are NOT focused on 'putting all the messy layers over and over and make the biggest noise possible. hm whattha hell i need to make a new track, so here i grab the bassline and kickdrum which i've used hundredtimes before, and now put some pseudodark samples above it.'(fungus funk, kindzadza, azax syndrome, psychotic micro)

now there are some examples of tracks that really impressed me. some of them are quite old - time has checked their quality.

Neural Rectifier Syndrome - Face Of The Comet (VA - Contra Polar Activity, AMBCD4)

my absolute number one since spring 2003, when it was released. the rhythmics is excellent, best one i ever heard. little bit breaks after the start of the track (different placement of snares and percussions),but then it's steady again and the snares get harder when you approach the end. this track developes also in a rhytmical way, very interesting fact. the mood here is very dark; industrial dark ambient pads makes you scared. that's what i'm looking for.

Ka-Sol - Trum Drum (VA - Őrebro Freakfactory 2, STONECD002)

not the best rhythmics (wierd samples of kickdrum and bassline.. but still acceptable). the strength of this track is in excellent development of melodic thoughts. more and more layers are coming throughout the track, where one layer helps to express the another. great cooperation, no noise or something that sounds messy. the end of 'trum drum' is just psychedelic opera. this track changes your mind about 'psychedelic trance'.

Ibex - Output It (VA - Outsider, BALLCD07)

quite fullon bassline (hopefully not so many high tones), but still the rhythmics and percussions are ok. what amazed me - melodic layers. great atmosphere.

Zerotonine - Sorgenschleifer (VA - U-Boot Berlin, SPAREP01)

very deep and hard bassline that pushes your head down to the ground. fairytale from sewage systems. all those echoed sounds rise from the underground tunnels in symbiosis with rhythm... and the melody near the end of the track is just impossible to describe by words.

Grapes Of Wrath - The Clit Commander (Insane Behavior Remix) (VA - Psychedelically Yours 2, PRVCD06)

the only track by GOW which i like from start till end. a bit different from thoughts mentioned above. actually, this one is not dark, but happy. when i first listened to this one, i thought that GOW are about to start producing house :) listen to the rhythmics, it's just like house :) this one has great ass-kickin rhythm, the track rolls from start till end. very interesting choice of samples which makes this one far different from other tracks.

Seroxat - Mental-Distorted (VA - Acid Mutants, DVRCD002)

here i like just first two minutes. the rest of track is just another pseudo-dark psytrance, easilly comparable with lots of others. nothing special.first two minutes are well created machine universe :) sounds like that all the machines of the world got angry just at you :) all those electronic samples make together some kind of strange melody.

---

soo, here is the description, if anyone thinks about some tracks that could help me with search for quality fear bringing and thoughful scary music, feel free to write some tips. please no messy posts, just serious recommendations from quite advanced listeners. thanks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check out :

kindzadza: waves from outer space (good cd IMHO)

scatterbrain : infernal angel !!!

va : psionic earth

va : nocturne

va : there is no tomorrow

va : deliver us from evil

va : örebro freak factory 3

va : schizm !!!!

va : true reality

va : matrix

va : est1 and est 2 (doof rec)

va : zen 1 and zen 2

Lepton:

this stuff is - in general - exactly that type which i dislike :] maybe i did not describe my fave tracks well. ok, there's ka-sol, gow and seroxat there, but that does not mean that all other _stuff-like-this_ must be good too... orebro 3 and scatterbrain rocks, of course, but i mentioned scatterbrain in my post, i already have original cd :] excellent release. thanx anyway.

Lepton:

this stuff is - in general - exactly that type which i dislike :] maybe i did not describe my fave tracks well. ok, there's ka-sol, gow and seroxat there, but that does not mean that all other _stuff-like-this_ must be good too... orebro 3 and scatterbrain rocks, of course, but i mentioned scatterbrain in my post, i already have original cd :] excellent release. thanx anyway.

196353[/snapback]

Dj Zik a.k.a Matutero

Dj Highko

Silent Horror

Bug Funk

Toxic

lots of em :ph34r:

personal really good dark psytrance tunes i liked:

Psychotic Mirco - Frankenstein

Skazi and Shiva - by the rivers

Manduya (might be spelt wrong) - Ketamine rmx

Exaile - give head

biotonic - 3rd link (not ultra dark, but good)

Skazi and Ami (could be Omi) - never again

derango-sluggy

menog-acid trip (rmx)

penta-gone with the wind

psyfactor-666

dark nebula-death star

bug funk-cursed death :blink:

gow-all ur base belong to us :o

osom-over game :blink::o:(

dark psy-black sorcerers

para halu-psyron maiden :ph34r:

i think u will like these tunes

hi all dark trance fans who like to be scared a bit on the floor :]

i'm looking for some good dark tracks, which are still harder to find

here is some description of what it should sound like

- great rhythmics (hard and steady bassline with not a big range of tones (fullon types of bassline with many different short tones which shake with my stomach are annoying me). i like tracks with good percusions and many metallic samples which help the rhythmics to work like a heavy machinery that shatters all your bones.

- very dark, gothic, scary, horror atmosphere created with a good combination of melodic layers (who listened to scatterbrain's pads knows what i'm talking about. swedish project steptime works with mellody also very well)

- track development. track starts, and ends. you always know, which section of the track you are listening to. there is NO stupid repetition of simple acid lines for all six minutes. (ka-sol -trum drum and neural rectifier syndrome - face of the comet stand here for a good example)

i prefere tracks that are NOT focused on 'putting all the messy layers over and over and make the biggest noise possible. hm whattha hell i need to make a new track, so here i grab the bassline and kickdrum which i've used hundredtimes before, and now put some pseudodark samples above it.'(fungus funk, kindzadza, azax syndrome, psychotic micro)

now there are some examples of tracks that really impressed me. some of them are quite old - time has checked their quality.

Neural Rectifier Syndrome - Face Of The Comet (VA - Contra Polar Activity, AMBCD4)

my absolute number one since spring 2003, when it was released. the rhythmics is excellent, best one i ever heard. little bit breaks after the start of the track (different placement of snares and percussions),but then it's steady again and the snares get harder when you approach the end. this track developes also in a rhytmical way, very interesting fact. the mood here is very dark; industrial dark ambient pads makes you scared. that's what i'm looking for.

Ka-Sol - Trum Drum (VA - Őrebro Freakfactory 2, STONECD002)

not the best rhythmics (wierd samples of kickdrum and bassline.. but still acceptable). the strength of this track is in excellent development of melodic thoughts. more and more layers are coming throughout the track, where one layer helps to express the another. great cooperation, no noise or something that  sounds messy. the end of 'trum drum' is just psychedelic opera. this track changes your mind about 'psychedelic trance'.

Ibex - Output It (VA - Outsider, BALLCD07)

quite fullon bassline (hopefully not so many high tones), but still the rhythmics and percussions are ok. what amazed me - melodic layers. great atmosphere.

Zerotonine - Sorgenschleifer (VA - U-Boot Berlin, SPAREP01)

very deep and hard bassline that pushes your head down to the ground. fairytale from sewage systems. all those echoed sounds rise from the underground tunnels in symbiosis with rhythm... and the melody near the end of the track is just impossible to describe by words.

Grapes Of Wrath - The Clit Commander (Insane Behavior Remix) (VA - Psychedelically Yours 2, PRVCD06)

the only track by GOW which i like from start till end. a bit different from thoughts mentioned above. actually, this one is not dark, but happy. when i first listened to this one, i thought that GOW are about to start producing house :) listen to the rhythmics, it's just like house :) this one has great ass-kickin rhythm, the track rolls from start till end. very interesting choice of samples which makes this one far different from other tracks.

Seroxat - Mental-Distorted (VA - Acid Mutants, DVRCD002)

here i like just first two minutes. the rest of track is just another pseudo-dark psytrance, easilly comparable with lots of others. nothing special.first two minutes are well created machine universe :) sounds like that all the machines of the world got angry just at you :) all those electronic samples make together some kind of strange melody.

---

soo, here is the description, if anyone thinks about some tracks that could help me with search for quality fear bringing and thoughful scary music, feel free to write some tips. please no messy posts, just serious recommendations from quite advanced listeners.  thanks.

196346[/snapback]

Hi my friend

Below I suggest some names which in my opinion are really dark:

Compilations:

Orbis Tertius

Creeping Ambivalent Tedencies

Significant Elf Proclivity

Tales from Dark Forest

Orebro Freakfactory 2

Artists

Xenomorph

Dark Nebula

Azax Syndrome

KA-SOL

Kluster

Penta

Labirinth

I hope you enjoy those and...get scared!!!!

eheh :] that was my first label where i started searching (around 2001?) for dark music :]

i heard their stuff (especially signal,ka-sol,buddhas) at parties.. it fried my brain so i had to ask djs what the hell is this :]]

great label..

..hm still nothing else?

Hehe, you like dark stuff?

Well I've got something pretty dark and evil that I made.

Unfortunatly you'll have to register at Acid Planet to hear it - http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=416240&T=6337. I'd put it up on a site but first I want to make more music and then start releasing it.

Have a listen, tell me what you think, but it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for I'd say.

hi leo, thanx for the link

spindrift - glitch

and

steptime - larsen b

are great

i like steptime/spindrift style. something far different from the 'default psytrance'

keep freak factories running at full power :]

is there any other way how can i donate $$ for tracks ?

i don't have paypal acct, it doesn't work well for .cz

thx.

steptime - larsen b

i like steptime/spindrift style. something far different from the 'default psytrance'

keep freak factories running at full power :]

197356[/snapback]

The Steptime album Steptime (very original) are in the same style as those tracks, really nice.

Glad you liked it Ladic.

I will put up the last couple of steptime tracks that we did after the album in the next few days, so stay tuned.

I don't have any plans for other payments options, why doesn't paypal work in .cz??

Paypal is cheap to recieve payments with, and you don't need a merchant account.

Worldpay and simliar services cost a lot more, and requires me to be a lot more organised ;)

"thirst" by seeka?

the description above brings to mind the comp "50th" by flying rhino, which has the tune mentioned above. others on the release are of similar ilk, though "thirst" is my favorite on it (hell of build-up track). but this the release is a few years old, and not sure it fits other criteria (don't recognize the tracks you listed, and i don't know half the stuff i have).

the rumor a few years ago was that flying rhino was going out of business. wonder if that's what happened? that would be sad...

I don't have any plans for other payments options, why doesn't paypal work in .cz??

Paypal is cheap to recieve payments with, and you don't need a merchant account.

Worldpay and simliar services cost a lot more, and requires me to be a lot more organised  ;)

197506[/snapback]

when i try to signup for paypal acct, the country selection pulldown menu does not offer the choice for 'czech republic'. so this is the one and simple reason. it sux big time, since we're joined eu in may/2k4.

so i'm seeking another way of paying for steptime/spindrift tracks from resonant earth com.