Infected Mushroom - IM The Supervisor [Review]

Insejn

The Gathering 10/10

Classical Mushroom 10/10

B.P Empire 7/10

Converting Vegetarians 8/10 (cus of the other side)

Im the supervisor 4/10 (cus of the freakin vocals among a lot of other stuff, iits all very nicely produced but thats just not good enough... >Does'nt make up for the cheesy commercial sound)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Infected at Brixton Academy recently for their new album launch, if you hated the Supervisor album, ya gonna hate the new one. Personally I loved it. It was the best gig i have ever been to, it was hard real hard.

Can't wait for the release in June

• 1 month later...

The Gathering 8/10

Classical Mushroom 10/10

B.P Empire 9/10

Converting Vegetarians (trance side) 3/10

Im the supervisor 6/10

The tracks in I'm the supervisor with vocals in like I'm the supervisor and cities of the future are complete and utter garbage. But on the whole I prefered this to Converting Vegetarians which I thought was very boring. The last two tracks, Bombat & stretched are good IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Infected at Brixton Academy recently for their new album launch, if you hated the Supervisor album, ya gonna hate the new one. Personally I loved it. It was the best gig i have ever been to, it was hard real hard.

Can't wait for the release in June

532688[/snapback]

Yeah IM do some decent rock our days. But they still need to work a bit on their vocals i think.

• 2 months later...

INFECTED MUSHROOM: IM THE SUPERVISOR

UPDATED REVIEW

Posted Image

1. IM the supervisor ... C ...................... (Wrong way to do voices and hurts the otherwise good music)

2. Ratio Shmatio ... B ........................... (The first good song on the album)

3. Muse Breaks RMX ... B- .................... (A better way to do voices, mainly with the female)

4. Meduzz ... C+ .................................. (The end is good, otherwise decent)

5. Cities Of The Future ... C .................. (Hardly average way to do voices, better w/ out them!)

6. Horus The Chorus ... B+ ................... (Arguably the best song here. Great melodies/climax!!)

7. Frog Machine ... C+ .......................... (Some okay melodies, decent at best)

8. Noon ... F ......................................... (More filler than anything IM's ever done IMHO)

9. Bombat ... B ..................................... (Pretty good song)

10. Stretched ... B+ .............................. (No Kadafi but very unique. It's good, maybe great)

After 2-3 years and having heard this album over a dozen times...the only songs I find good are:

RATIO SHMATIO !!!

HORUS THE CHORUS !!!

BOMBAT !

STRETCHED !!

So if they must continue this way...they should make new songs as good and better than the several best ones on this album. They wanted feedback and now they got it!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only song with vocals that doesn't suck IMHO is MUSE BREAKS [Rmx]. I prefer the femal vocals if they have to do it. The soft melodies compliment them in this song.

The guy singing (his voice and shitty lyrics) like "Dance with me!!!" on the opening song "Im the Supervisor" almost killed the album for me and for many people, it did.

"Cities of the Future" sounds more lame in it's singing and lyrics now than ever before.

"Noon" sucks...I mean what a waste of time that could have been a good song.

Meduzze and "Frog Machine" are OKAY, nothing to write much about.

Conclusion: This was and still disappoints on a huge level compared to their previous work. It has several really good songs on it though and overall, something still feels missing, even on the best songs. There work isn't as detailed and involved anymore with as sound layers. I really did enjoy some of the singing/vocal songs in Converting Vegaterians, but other than tracks 3 and 10 here, I'd say the two other songs with lyrics, singing, and vocals is not cool or enjoyable. They're going to lose their original core support base of fans if they continue this singing thing (and gain many new people who think Paul Oakenfold, Sasha, and Digweed are amazing) I think the people on this site have a pretty strong, general idea of what's great and what isn't, especially when it comes to Infected Mushroom...one of the most famous and popular names and groups in psytrance.

I'm curious to see what they release next but I'm reluctant to think it will be better than this.

BEST TRACKS: 2, 3, 6, 9, 10.

IM ALBUM SCORES:

- IM the Supervisor ... C+

- Converting Vegetarians ... Trance/Other Side ... B- / B: Overall B-

- B.P. Empire ... B+ ... Great album with some excellent/superb songs.

- Classical Mushroom ... A ... A melodic masterpiece!

- The Gathering ... B+ ... They improved after their debut no doubt, and I have to hear this one again.

• 2 weeks later...

I love "Stretched" and "Bombat"... Some of the other tracks are pretty good too... Don't like the singing though...

"Converting Vegetarians" really grew on me - loved the experimental side right away, but after awhile came to love the trance side...

Are Infected Mushroom still together? I'm kinda hoping the long delay between the last album means they're gonn atake their time and make a great one...

• 1 month later...

2. Ratio Shmatio : Great Song, always cheers me up. Very melodic.

3. Muse Breaks RMX : I dig the female chorus. I tried to hate this song but in the end I think its quite catchy and a tiny bit sad.

5. Cities Of The Future : The Vocals absolutely RUIN this song. WORST IM SONG EVER, imo.

6. Horus The Chorus : All around great track from start to finish.

7. Frog Machine : Makes me Sleepy.

8. Noon : Now I'm asleep!

9. Bombat : Comparable to Ratio and Horus for best track on the album, gets really jamming at the end.

10. Stretched : I like this track more everytime I listen to it. Like others said, no Kadafi but excellent in its own way.

So, 5 great tracks, 5 crappy tracks, this is 1/2 of a great album. Sad.

Classicla Mushroom every after the 50th listen I still find new sounds I hadn't heard in there before.

Fingers crossed for their new one.

• 2 years later...

Taxi Cab?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I can understand how'd you think that... it isn't clear at all what he says. It doesn't sound like "cab" though, not to me.

If we're on the topic, what does the voice (is it a voice?) say in Bombat at 0:54? I always claimed it was "Baby!" but my friend claims it is "Eh eeee!" or something.

• 1 year later...

oh my god

Horus the chorus is so MASSIVE!

i love it

one of there best tracks imo

IMO this track is good, definitely some ideas here,

as for the rest, only stretched is better

• 6 years later...