Whatever happend to Infected Mushroom ?

seraph

Iam not taking it personally, maybe a little, but I do think it is annoying, to see all these posts about how the psy-scene is getting more and more commercial/mainstream. Sometimes I must admit, that some artists are producing stuff, which is too medicore.

Look on the bright side.. :D

Quark-

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer about quality music from this year :

WIZZY NOISE - STEREO ELECTRIC

SPACE CAT - MECHANICAL DREAM

FOUR CARRY NUTS - MECHANICAL AGE

SURIA - LOGICAL EVOLUTION

JUPITER 8000 - TWISTED BLISS

PROMETHEUS - ROBOT.O.CHAN

I was a bit dissapointed about ELECTRIC UNIVERSE's last album cause he also moved to full on style that don't fit him that well, but the album is not bad in fact. I am also slightly dissapointed with ATMOS album cause he minimized it a lot since his last output. ATOMIC PULSE also released average album after pretty psychedelic first one. ALIEN PROJECT released good album but he could have done it much better. All in all not such good year for now. 2003 was slightly better. Although, I haven't heard so many releases this year cause I lost intrest in nowadays trance music. I believe that THE MISTED MUPPET made a good album that I haven't heard yet. I hope there will be more psychedelic releases by the end of the year.

Well the next album (not this with city of the future) will have even more singing and they will try to get a sound like Linkin Park..

Now you think i am talking bull and you are probably laughing..but Duvdev said this.. take a look yourselfs:

http://www.tribe13.tv/tribetv005.php (first part)

http://www.tribe13.tv/tribetv005.php (Second part) (in this part he says that)

And also the new album is meant to be for the oldschool lovers (accordning to them)..

Well the next album (not this with city of the future) will have even more singing and they will try to get a sound like Linkin Park..

Now you think i am talking bull and you are probably laughing..but Duvdev said this.. take a look yourselfs:

Also they said "we are not getting commercial like many other bands do, but we´re getting bigger and bigger" '

btw, youre links are both the same, second part. :)

u missunderstood him

he said: the next album will be only trance for the oldskool lovers and the album after the next album will be totally different ;)

196258[/snapback]

looking again..

Quoting from the film:

Erez: Now in May there is a new single..called bla bla and in september hopefully the new cd will be out

Duv: And the next infected album not the one coming now will be completly not trance album..More singing, linkin park bla bla..Now its full on trance album that come this year...

so i think they mean the one now..anyway, i just wanted to post the link..that's all.

Chhers :D

naaah they were talking about an album and cities of the future is neither an album nor trance for oldskoollovers ;)

they said they want to release an album in september/october and after that they are thinking about the "linkin park" stuff

i'm 100% sure about that ;)

naaah they were talking about an album and cities of the future is neither an album nor trance for oldskoollovers ;)

they said they want to release an album in september/october and after that they are thinking about the "linkin park" stuff

i'm 100% sure about that ;)

196262[/snapback]

That is what i've been saying all time :D missunderstanding..Cities of the future will be on the album..i thought you saw the samples..

http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/pr...p?LR=RESISTCD10

The new album.. The one "for the oldschool" lovers.. i am ironic all the time because it doesnt sound like music for oldschool lovers...After this http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/pr...p?LR=RESISTCD10 album it will be linkin park style....anyway enough of this :P

PS: i answered to your question about the spaceport track

hi there

well i m new into rave scene but .... what i do know is that TRANCE CAN NEVER DIE....

i have to agree with quark n other fellow mates...dat it is posible to save trance...doesnt matter if INFECTED MUSHROOM have forgotten about ther psy roots... so what der will be another "MUSHROOMS" in da scene ....

as BABA (goa gil) said in his album "digitaria" dat .......

"......nommos will return"...

n i belive dat so will mushroom....

y......... cause der r so many talented artists, dj's, listeners

who havent been able to make it to the top.

but one day they will n dat day a new "infected mushroom" will be born....take example of ....astrix, melicia,fatali all r so young and talented..DAN how can u people say TRANCE WILL DIE .....da scene must have gone lower in da psy richness.... cause of production being cheaper n of many other reasons

but at da same time...the other side of so many releases will be dat a new talented artist will emerge into da scene.......A COIN HAS TWO SIDES DONT FORGET.....people......

so for me trance can never die

but dats just me i hope many will agree........ n many.. wont but i m sure in da end i will..........

Is Duvdev quitting? It just crossed my mind that who will sing if they are going to sound like Linkin Park? IM is good with making effects etc shit, but not so good that anyone can tolerate his golden voice for more than one track per album. Linkin Parks singer actually has a very good voice imo.

shit, imagine this, hearing duvdev's voice singing without putting through biljons of effects.. the pain. the pain..

hehe, yeah, duvdevs voice sucks. and im not sure about trance living forever either, i have been going to psy festivals since 96, but that still hasnt even been 10 years. i do however beleive that underground will never die. whatver it may be at the time.

I really hope they are reading some comments somewhere cause I can't believe they decided to make this music just for sake of money, but what a heck, everyone changed their style so why won't they ? It's a real shame that respected artists are making worse music than newcommers. :blink:

seraph - my experience is that newcomers always make the best music :] they bring new ideas, new sounds. after several singles they're assimilated by the psy scene and their new tracks are just like thousands of others :]

does not fit 100%, but for the big majority

Yes, you're right Ladic and I like new artists bringing new ideas, but I can't believe that pioneers lack new ideas especially if they had great ones. How can you change your brain functions unless you take some other drugs maybe ? I believe that years of best goa and psychedelic music were spent on LSD and MDMA and that artists these days produce music on COCAINE, SPEED or other experiments they're having with their conciousness. :o

Hahaha, that was funny...Don't worry, they are in big fear from their authorities so they have to lie about it. I am pretty sure they are not that naive. ;) Plus, I wasn't talking about them in that thread but in general, for example Etnica...their sound sounds like cocaine induced state...heheh

i don't think the quality of music has anything to do with the drugs taken if any...

and inf mushroom for ex don't do drugs...

it's just a fact of creation.. i don't know if u make music seraph but if u do u will see that it is hard to keep having new and interesting ideas all the time... so that's why a lot of artists make their best stuffs early on... also fame and money pollutes creation to some extent

i agree, but i do believe to understand what "psychedelic" is, you have to ,at least once, have tried some kind of hallucinogen. the music is written for people with heads full of acid. how can you write something you have never experienced.

its like certain sounds in psychedelic music sound great when your tripping, how do you know that sounds great if you've never tripped? it would be like a blind man painting the mona lisa. oh thats a crap analogy but you know what i mean.

well many sounds also sound great if u're not tripping...

and what it takes to make good sounds like inf mushroom can make is knowledge in technical stuffs and u also have to be creative... u need to always try new things and think about ways u can make new sounds all the time, which is not easy...

listen to classical mushroom or the gathering, those albums were pretty psychedelic and i don't believe that they were tripping every weekend when they wrote them... so u don't need to have taken any drugs to make trippy music, i think what is more important is a certain state of mind, or a way of thinking about music and also to be innovative...

good music is good music, if u're tripping or not... and everybody doesn't take acid in parties too btw....

yeah, just look at infected mushroom.

196370[/snapback]

That might be true. But has anyone of you ever though, that maybe (just maybe) they change their style not because of money but because they like it better the new way? I mean I don't know them personally (and so don't you I assume), so it is quite easy to say they do it just for the money or because of whatever. And maybe it also fits better in the picture we have of famous artists. But I'm not so sure about that. Maybe they really like what they do now? I really hope for them but I guess we will never really know...

the music is written for people with heads full of acid

No. I might be an exception, but I never did any psychedelic drug (and I strongly believe I also won't do it in the future) and I love psychedelic music.

It does not depend on the substances you take, you just need to have a sort of twisted mind ... you just gotta be a little insane [:)]. Some people get into this state of mind by taking psychedelic substances, others can do it without...

It's the same with creating the music (or psychedelic art in general). Drugs can be an element of inspiration, but I don't believe that all psy artists get their inspirations from drugs...

Just my 2 cents...

i fully agree with you, its a state of mind you need to get into to really enjoy psychedelic music, the drugs just make it easier to get into that state of mind, but they are most definitely NOT essential. i have been to psy parties on nothing but a few drinks and had an awesome time.

Its a proven fact that when you put someone (completly sober) in a chaotic environment (say for instance a 5 day festival) with no drugs but surrounded by chaos and mad people flailing their arms, and a 100k sound system pumping full on psytrance, that you are going to go insane, wether you took drugs or not, so yes, i must fully agree with you on that point.

and on another apologetic matter...i regret to inform that i need to apologise for my harshness towards infected's new single, cities of the future. i dont think i was ready for such a harsh change and it shocked me, i ripped the cd out of my discman and threw it across the room in disgust. however, i recently picked it up from the floor where it had been for 4 days, smoked a "cigarette" and had another listen.....and dare i say it........its not that bad. the violet vision rmx is actually...*shock, horror* very good. but i guess i have to accept it for what it is, electro, and not psy. so apologies for my harsh comments earlier. it seems after a few listens, its sort of grows on you a bit.