Over-looked & under-played tracks?

DeathPosture

Off the top of my head...

Hiscore - Drone 7

Cwithe - Tellus D

Cwithe - Injection

(both off the BRILLIANT Illegal album)

Sunkings - Starbuck (Juno Reactor Tilt And Ride Mix)

Sunkings - Starbuck (Anatomae Fabricus Mix)

Squaremeat - Hilavitkutin

Saafi Brothers - Occidental Sadhu

O*Men - Funfar

Typhoon - Portnawack

Spectral - Celtic Alchemy (both mixes)

Genetic - Oracle

Timeshard - Reality Helmet

Psy Phy 6 - Das Praparat

Morphem - Nothing Left

Rainbow Spirit - Wavin Electronic (my fav goa track; fathoms deep and incredibly hypnotic)

Polyploid - Yellow Race

Mathuresh - Vaikuntha Planets

Total Eclipse - Bad Data

Digital Sun - Strange Things

(edit: and Cosmosis - Pigs In Space!!!!)

Impressive, you mentioned only great tracks. Rainbow spirit, I did not know that track, I am sure it is impressive in sound and have to check it out. I only knew Rainbow Spirit - Sirius shuttle which is one of the best goa tracks ever produced. I must check all the other tracks out.

Underplayed tracks for me are:

Astral Projection - God is a DJ Remix

Hallucinogen - Magic is indeet underplayed, impressive track.

Astral Projection - Soundform Remix

Astral Projection - Cosmic Accension Remix

Green nuns and Tristan - Babylon´n ting

Shakta - Life circles and the whole album

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiscore Xor - Identify, one of the most acidic tracks in existence.

+1... AMAZING!!!! :) (and yes, true freedom, but identify is more intense/insane, while True Freedom is like thé definition of Acid Trance for me) :)

yeah, a pity there's not more stuff from them. i know identify, true freedom, drove vii and tacker, but... i need more music like that ;)

and as far as i know there isn't even a sideproject from one or more of the guys with similar music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LvYtfEGUg

It seems that this B side to the "Duck/Navigator" EP is usually overshadowed by the extremely aggressive and driving A side, but I prefer this lightly melodic and very atmospheric track, and really enjoy the 1984 samples (love that film).

Ive been saying for ages on this forum that this track Navigator is underrated, I still don't understand why it's so obscure... 9/10 love it

yeah, a pity there's not more stuff from them. i know identify, true freedom, drove vii and tacker, but... i need more music like that ;)

and as far as i know there isn't even a sideproject from one or more of the guys with similar music.

It are the guys of Kopfuss Resonator, in some of their tracks there are strong acid lines as well... Although the KR music is mostly more heavy and leaning towards Acid-(psy)-techno

Hallucinogen - Magic is indeet underplayed, impressive track.

Magik is finally going into my next DJ set. I've been meaning to play it since forever but it's always either slipped my mind or not been suitable for the mood of the set. This time, night set ;D

It are the guys of Kopfuss Resonator, in some of their tracks there are strong acid lines as well... Although the KR music is mostly more heavy and leaning towards Acid-(psy)-techno

i always thought kopfuss resonator was more minimal psytek stuff (in the vein of spirallianz or midimiliz), rather than acidic. i guess i'll have to take another look at them again :)

héhé, Tio Mate is GREAT... And people can still hear it sometimes on goa parties here, just as Orange Acid... => check out the tracks of tim schuldt made under the name of Talking Souls & Ushuaya...smile.gif

In fact there are so many songs/compilations that are gone in the fog of time... And one of the best ones for me at least are all the songs of Power Source - Cosmic Waves!!!! Superb album... or songs like

Cosmosis - Dans Ta Figure

Biot - Radiation

Moonweed - Telepath

Rhytmystec - Cathexis

Quartermass - Beyond Sunrise

Laughing Buddha - Tapu

and I can go on forever like this smile.gif

Anoebis: thanks for the suggestions! I listened to all of these (all new to me - with the exception of laughing Buddha maybe, I'm still kinda new to this game lol..) and they were all very much my speed, tho I liked the Quartermass and Cosmosis (altho a Cosmosis fan) a little less than the others. I think you and I are fairly aligned in taste, though :) Thanks for the great listening!!

Oh, and that foray led me to this track, I'm really enjoying it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f26QER5EVP8

:D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...