progressive or full on? that is the question...

psyduckisoncrack

Why progressive OR full-on ??

I listen to both, it just depends on which mood I am in.

It's like asking: "pizza or hamburger?", maybe the choice is pizza for the moment. But in the end you can't eat only pizza, you also have to eat other food (like hamburger sometimes ;) To stay healthy you have to eat more than one type of food. And it's the same in music imo.

If you choice only listen to one of the "styles" (which can be blended very well by some talented acts and not THAT separated) You're too narrow minded in my opinion.

(P.S. don't eat much of pizza and burgers becuase it makes you fat in larger quantities ;)

Im still waiting and open to hear some full on that really gets to me..

until that happens, Im more of a progressive person, whether minimal (like older krumelur), darker nighttime prog (like older stuff, such as cujorious one) powerful atmospheric (like Freq), or more housy stuff (like vision and canedy, krueger and coyle, buzzmonx)... Some progressive and tribal house are pretty good too...

I like trippy but more inteligent (imo) music, or groovy sexy ´lady butt-shaker´ trance. Too much noise = no good.

without generalizing, most full on I hear is just thousands of scratchy noisy bleep-bleep sound layers that seem only listenable by people with the blood in their veins white, from so much ecstasy they´ve taken, and all played by pop wanna-be djs

ok now flame me, whoever is willing ;)

I´d say a good mixture of all styles available. Nothing makes me yawn more than a party where only one style is played throughout the whole event, be it prog or full on. Damn, this is annoying, really!

My taste is for oldschool mad goatrance, but i love progressive too.

As for Full on.......i dont wanna hear about it anymore.

ps : if we ever meet, there is something you should never never never say : "Space Buddha".

OOOOldschool!! :D l.. However there is some WONDERFULL morning progressive..i don't know if Human Blue, Blue Vortex, chromosome etc are morning progressive, (its kind of confusing with all this new subgenres)..One thing is for sure, they do some very nice stuff...

Full On is <_< , well more or less dead to me..

what else can you concider dark prog,, please give some recomendations, i have and like very much, beat bizarre pandoras,, freq, not very much son kite colours, and enjoy oryx,, im open to other kinds of prog, or much of the same, doesnt matter as long as it is good.... thanx

I am also in Old School and Psychedelic tribe but I like both progressive and some full on as well...Full on somehow gets boring after a while and almost unhearable at all. That's a shame cause there are some intersting ideas in that style as well...But I would any time return to wild demented psychedelic or melodic epic sounds.

I definitely go for the full-on stuff, and of course the nice melodic old-school goa! :) I know it's all about the taste so I don't think progressive of minimal music is shit. I just don't seem to get it. There is some stuff that is more on the progressive side that I like too (Blue Vortex and Silent Sphere albums for example, if you can even call them progressive), but most of the progressive tracks are too monotone and boringe (no offense) for me. And don't even think about minimal... but hey, to eachone his/her own. And the best for me!! :lol:

In earlier times I liked pretty much everything that was psy, no matter which style.

But this has changed. Meanwhile I also can't hear any full on stuff any more, it has become mostly all the same and the energy is somehow gone ... really, on the last party as the DJ was playing full on stuff I didn't even feel like I would want to dance. It was all crap without energy. Fortunately the night was saved as the next DJ started his set, there the style changed drastically to progressive and this got me instantly. So basically I like progressive better than full on. It has simply more energy...

i think a decent dj set needs a good balance of different styles, wether it starts with dubby, dnb stlye psy, then slow progressive, and ending off with some killer fullon stuff. its all about good balance. even the dj is playing good full on. i dont want to hear psycho-full on for 6 hours straight or whatever.

its all about balance. throw in a madonna tune for all i care, might surprise the crowd.

In earlier times I liked pretty much everything that was psy, no matter which style.

But this has changed. Meanwhile I also can't hear any full on stuff any more, it has become mostly all the same and the energy is somehow gone ... really, on the last party as the DJ was playing full on stuff I didn't even feel like I would want to dance. It was all crap without energy. Fortunately the night was saved as the next DJ started his set, there the style changed drastically to progressive and this got me instantly. So basically I like progressive better than full on. It has simply more energy...

196315[/snapback]

Hmmm I prefer Full On, with loads of (acid)sweeps, nice melodies, weird effects and very busy basslines :) Progressive doesn't give me goosebumps like the older goa of nowadays full on psy does, it's too minimal for me and I'm glad that the minimal stuff that came out about 2001/2002 finally ended.

Old School for ever!

Now, between progressive and full on I choose full on. But! I hate all the Astrix clones,all the crap masters like Skazi and all the boring artists around!

I love melodic but not cheesy full on, hard but no boring stuff, horror but intelligent tracks. Progressive? Well, I find it a bit boring and minimal but there are great tracks also. But as I said....OLD SCHOOL 100000000%

Ormion (ex-X)

I am totally glad to see that i feel the same point off vue off each one here, i actually appreciate every side off the psychedelick trance music. I agree with you when you say it depend off the moment, but the music is good if the work inside is good, and don't care about the style ... what there is in it, that's the real important side in every music.

There is some good full-on/prog/old school/minimal, ... and some bad ...

I love the old school goa trance better than anything else, and i totally hate skazi, astrix, alien project copy i totally follow Ormion in its opinion ... anyway i saw there was some pretty good minimal (i don't like the minimal) some good full on (psydrop) and some good progressive (beat bizarre) ... but today, the nice work is everywhere and is no limited by a style ... i listened trold album yesterday and i was amazed by the style, it's nothing else than own style, not prog or full on, just a very nice work ... that's the way. there is some very nice music out there in this moment ... just open your mind to receive the different style.

keep up the good work artist, i love what you do when it's well done.

peace.