sales of psychedelic sparks cd

just wondering, does / did it sell good?

at least i got my copy...

np: safi connection - monster dna (rmx)

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Hope I won't be disclosing very sensitive information - but I think not... Up untill a few weeks ago, the CD had sold 671 copies :)

how many copies does a normally succesfull psy album sell? so i can figure out how good psychedelic sparks did... :-)

np: adrenalin drum - the magician

Guest Protex Midget

i guess that relatively succesfull psy albums sell a few thousand copies worldwide... The most succesfull albums (Infected, GMS, Astral, and all the other commericial garbage) probably sell over 10 thousand copies worldwide, but that's just an estimation...

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's fantastic. I honestly didn't expect the thing to sell more than maybe 50 copies. Not that the music wasn't good, just that it's not on a big-name label, without big-name artists. Way to go!!! :)

Guest Dre-Stortion

Well... maybe if the cd was promoted on different websites like Groovetech.com or satteliterecords.com, websites that sell many different styles of music on a mass scale, then the cd would sell more. Now, i know how many of you Goa-Heads are thinking "but that would be selling out, We must keep it underground!" I'm totally not saying to make a radio commercial or T.V. commercial, just that Goa Trance should represent itself in more places than present. You should hear what these website have for goa trance... a lot of junk! but if good compilation were on there, the artists would get the exposure that they need.....i've said enough! Peace and productivity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I downloaded it first (shame on me :)), then I realized that there were some tunes on it that were .... mindblowing ... fcking twisted ... and it was the most listened to mp3 album I had ... then I ordered it :D:D