who has the best parties??

well last time i heard his psy set, tsuyoshi was playing with a bandana and three hoffmans tied in so that he could let it drain in (i think 97)... today he plays born slippy to the same people. that to my mind is disrespect to his crowd.

i don't know, respect is good but one sided respect is not respect, it is hero worship.. suzuki to my mind, was the goa messenger, he played at a lot of events where psy is normally not played and spread the name of goa...

so as long as he respects the crowd he plays to, i have a lot of respect for him... but one sided respect is something that is not cool.. it makes people into groupies and fans. now who on earth would want to be that?..... well atleast not me anyways,,,, ....

Guest Dr. Krelm

Yeah, a pie in the face is pretty minor in comparison to other things and was probably found to be humorous by many, but it's just evident of the same old argument about Tsuyoshi I've heard for years. It's not like he woke up one day and decided he wanted to spin house & hard dark tekno. The evolution of his style to what he plays now has been over several years. I've heard people griping about him in the same manner (people pissed he changed his style) since '97 or '98. Every time I hear somebody pissed about his style, it's as if it is some shock he is not spinning psytrance anymore. I first saw him 3.5 years ago, and he was already long departed from psytrance. The guy hasn't spun it in probably 4-5 years....it is not something new and shocking. DJs change their styles (I certainly have over the past 5 years).

I do totally see why he wouldn't fit into a psytrance party....I personally like what he plays, but it's definitely not psytrance or even very psychedelic. I can see why crowds who had just dropped their goods would be disappointed by his set.

However, I'll repeat it again...it is the promoters that continue to book him for parties. I don't think he can be expected to play a style he probably doesn't even like anymore just because some party organizer books him at a psytrance party. A DJ should spin what they are proficient at, but it is the party organizers' job to book the DJs that fit into the correct environment. Part of a party organizer's job should be to know what the DJs they book are spinning. I've been organizing parties for years and that is always something that I pay close attention to. Making the lineup flow is not the job of the individual DJs, but the job of the people making the party happen and scheduling the DJs. When an organizer books somebody like Tsuyoshi and the entire crowd is so horrified, they have not done their research.

If Tsuyoshi has been getting such a bad reaction for so many years, it seems to me that it is the promoters screwing up and booking him at the wrong sorts of parties over and over again and that they deserve the pies in the face. :)

Oh, and Born Slippy isn't the worst song in the world. At least he didn't play happy hardcore. :)

• 4 years later...

Just had to say, that I've been to some w-i-c-k-e-d parties here in Australia. But I'm probably biased, so disregard that comment.

Got to say, I made the effort to get over to Cape Town, SA for the SA2000 event. It rocked my goddam world. Saw Etnica/Pleiadians do a killer set at sunrise new years morning. Still three members in the band at that time. Max was in the middle rocking on in this funky red & black vinyl/leather jacket. Lookin' damn kool. Un-fuckin'-believable. Nothing will ever top that. Period. I love South Africa!

So many awesome acts in SA at that time .... dozing in my tent with X-Dream blasting it out! Hallucinogen at midnight!

... I could live that event a hundred times over and not get tired!

Younger Brother seriously went off at Earthcore in Vic, Au too!!!! Another happy memory! Damn perhaps we should start a new thread with party highlight discussions.

Another one was Space Cat, at Bondi Beach, Sydney. Yahoooo!

Infected at Space ..... H-O-T!

Afro.

(currently listening to: Pure Intellect, UX)

p.s. don't forget to start installing energy saving light bulbs in your houses people! if global warming continues we are fucked! save the planet!

there is not one country with the best parties.. there is many countries with brilliant parties..

Ingredients for a good party:

SUN 25-30 degrees celsius

good sound

wide open space with some river or lake that is far away enough from civilization.

nice deco

3 days

3000-8000 people

tollerant towards drug use (no police checks)

line up with plenty of variety

i am sure i am forgetting something here..

add yours to the list!

there is not one country with the best parties.. there is many countries with brilliant parties..

Ingredients for a good party:

SUN 25-30 degrees celsius

good sound

wide open space with some river or lake that is far away enough from civilization.

nice deco

3 days

3000-8000 people

tollerant towards drug use (no police checks)

line up with plenty of variety

i am sure i am forgetting something here..

add yours to the list!

+ good organisation/hygiene + good vibes between people, few posers, many music freaks/lovers/trippers.

Just had to say, that I've been to some w-i-c-k-e-d parties here in Australia. But I'm probably biased, so disregard that comment.

Got to say, I made the effort to get over to Cape Town, SA for the SA2000 event. It rocked my goddam world. Saw Etnica/Pleiadians do a killer set at sunrise new years morning. Still three members in the band at that time. Max was in the middle rocking on in this funky red & black vinyl/leather jacket. Lookin' damn kool. Un-fuckin'-believable. Nothing will ever top that. Period. I love South Africa!

lucky bastard, what did etnica play :D?

im with supergroover and timetrap :)

doesn't sound that pleasant no,"not deliviring the goods" and being attacked by madly tripping pie trowers from shpongle land.

:lol:

So after his set last year he got pied in the face - harsh but what a sight I tell you.

:lol:

OD, was it you who pied tsuyoshi :P?