Questions about the Contest

Guest Mr. Question

Hi!

I just found this page while surfing the net and I am really interested in this contest, because I have been making my own music for a few years now and would take part in the next contest, but I have some questions first:

If I got the idea about the contest correctly, I do not need to be "famous" or working as a musician to send my music in, do I ?

I make music just for fun and don´t want to do it professionally.

But I read in another thread that the artists that win the contest get money for it and that the compilation is commercially published.

But you do not have to sign a contract or anything like that, do you? And the artists are not officially working for the label from now on?

Thanks a lot!

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

I'm one of the winners from the last contest, and I share your opinion on making music: Just for the fun of it!

About getting money for it, I don't expect the CD to sell immensly (but you never know), so I don't expect to get rich of this project.

I did have to sign a contract though, for naturally the record label don't wanna be sued or anything, when the CD is published. The contract was only about the single track on the CD, so I'm not a slave to the label - they have non-exclusive rights for that track only, which means I can still do what I want with it, and they can't claim any other track I make... My rights are not restricted at all.

If you should be so blessed to win, you can always refuse to sign the contract (which probably means the winning track won't be released), and no harm done :)

Hope this helps, and hope to see you in the next contest :)

Guest Mr. Question

Thank you, that was all I wanted to know :)

And it sounds very good to me, so I think I will be in the next contest.

Guest Rumz

ha ha.. so will I... and then i will make my millions...;)

Oh wait hang on....hmmmm.. ill need to get some music software first, oh yeah, then a better computer.... damn, then some decent music hardware....oops, then and perhaps some talent.... all of which I lack

Oh well there goes another idea !!

RumZ :)

looking forward to hearing your tracks Mr. Question

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Me!!!

All winners of the last contest were cheaters...They R high educated musicians and they made music on hardware so those stupid including ME!!! don't have any chance to win(dows),damn.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mayan complex

hi im a p´roducer from mexico and i think i make good stuff, i foun this page from a link from hallucinogen home page and i want to get on the contest, but, i dont know anythingo about it i mean , where do i need to send my track i have a lots of track and were are the rules of these contests ?